Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! (4577 Views)

Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car / 11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by Squad4(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello guys, please i have a friend who is about to buy a Nigerian used car but the seller says he is not handing over the plates and papers, that my friend would have to register it afresh...please whats the procedure, any risk in this?

Please i need to know asap!
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by akinloluwao: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2015
no risk whatsoever, just check if the numbers are not written in any part of the vehicle like windshield, mirror, et al... buy the vehicle and register it in your name with your own brand new number plate. enjoy your new car. but make sure you collect original police clearance from the seller along with the other documents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by lanrehamd: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2015
yeah, the previous owner might decide to take his plate number (because it was originally produced in his name) but every other vehicle document should be handed over to the buyer in order to process the new plate number.

Documents to be handed over to the new owner includes..
1. All original vehicle document
2. Original certificate of ownership
3. Receipt/note of purchase from the previous owner to the new owner.
4. All custom papers (If applicable)

It's better for the new owner to go through this procedures of starting the registration afresh once and for all and it takes about +/- week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by kolnel: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2015
How about engraved cars
Must I sell it with my plate number ?
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by Malawian(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
Squad4:
Hello guys, please i have a friend who is about to buy a Nigerian used car but the seller says he is not handing over the plates and papers, that my friend would have to register it afresh...please whats the procedure, any risk in this?

Please i need to know asap!
off course, mine came with an abuja plate, i have since changed it to lagos plate. give a car registration agent, they will do everything for you including tinted glass permit. dem collect 50k for my hand and if you fit do wetin dey involved, i can fish out the man's number for you. even the old abuja plate number is still with me.
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by ubiquitousade(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
Malawian:

off course, mine came with an abuja plate, i have since changed it to lagos plate. give a car registration agent, they will do everything for you including tinted glass permit. dem collect 50k for my hand and if you fit do wetin dey involved, i can fish out the man's number for you. even the old abuja plate number is still with me.

it should be 35k
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by Malawian(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
ubiquitousade:

it should be 35k
chai. na my customer sha, but i go begin bill am from now on. grin grin
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by Squad4(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Thanks so much guys! i really appreciate!
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by akinloluwao: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mine also came with Rivers state number plate. A nairalander by name Seun did everything for me for 35k as well and I still have the Rivers state number plate with me. DAT guy son scam you..lol
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by FestacGirl(f): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
ubiquitousade:

it should be 35k
Including Tinted Glass Permit?
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by Emekasmart(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2015
FestacGirl:
Including Tinted Glass Permit?
Tinted permit is free.. But police will never agree..
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by FestacGirl(f): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Emekasmart:

alright
Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by texas1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
akinloluwao:
Mine also came with Rivers state number plate. A nairalander by name Seun did everything for me for 35k as well and I still have the Rivers state number plate with me. DAT guy son scam you..lol

Seun's contact details pls

1 Like

Re: How To Register A Nigerian Used Car! by ubiquitousade(m): 9:06am On Dec 12, 2015
Emekasmart:

it is being done for 13k to 15k

(1) (Reply)

Hire Purchase / Car Rentals Vendor / 10 Most Expensive Bikes In The World / 34 Year Old Nigerian Man Who Can't Drive: Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.