Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard (23820 Views)

Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. / Dasukigate: Jonathan Ready To Appear In Court - Vanguard / Radio Biafra: Nnmadi Kanu Detained By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by Tolexander: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
joseph1832:
Be that as it may, some of his kith and kin are so fueled with tribalism that they believe their mantra of Biafra.

I mean, come to think of it, I'm Esan by tribe, have Nigeria ever produced any Esan man as president? What is the locus for this major tribe and minority tribe? Who even made it?

Have you ever seen or hear any of the minority tribe complain about marginalization the way some easterners do? I mean, na only dem dey this country sef!!!.

Its grossly annoying!. I guess the Esan, the bini, the gwaris, the Zurus and every other minor tribe should all come out and scream for secession, let's see if this country will be able to contain all of us.
Igbo people(i'm so sorry to have generalized) are known to always play the victim game in every situation they are. Hence the reason for always trying to neglect any issues relating to their politics.

The fact is that these people may likely be like the characters in the animal kingdom, they can't rule themselves.

You hear them shouting Biafra, yet you find them in thousands flocking every state of the federation outside the geopolitical zone.

Never knew you are Esan by tribe, I've got like 3guys from your tribe.
You people are greatly great, I must confess grin
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
reuben79:
They ar parent deline them wit home discipline and gud manner grin FG will giv thm teach them lesson......dey should go back to record 4m 1967-70 wat is happened to ojukwu,wat made him leave nigeria to benin repub......i jst dey laugh,dey go hear ham.
Englishhhhhhhhh ooooooooo
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by joseph1832(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tolexander:
Igbo people(i'm so sorry to have generalized) are known to always play the victim game in every situation they are. Hence the reason for always trying to neglect any issues relating to their politics.

The fact is that these people may likely be like the characters in the animal kingdom, they can't rule themselves.

You hear them shouting Biafra, yet you find them in thousands flocking every state of the federation outside the geopolitical zone.

Never knew you are Esan by tribe, I've got like 3guys from your tribe.
You people are greatly great, I must confess grin
The igbo and hausa, no muslim are the ones who always like to play the victim game in this country. When its marginalization, its igbo you'll hear, when its religion, its the muslim you'll hear. I wonder how they never can seem to smell their own bullsh1t!

Brother, I'm only esan because that's where my dad and mum are from. I've lived all my life in Lagos. Truth is, I don't even know what my village looks like. I believe that's one reason why I hate tribalism/tribalists with a passion LOL.
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by luggy(m): 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Buhari is a useless man
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by ifeomamaria: 5:24am On Dec 10, 2015
Release Nnamdi Kanu and call IPOB for dialogue immediately that's d only solution. I will not lie to u, keeping him there will escalete d problem. If u have ear, hear. Thks
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by Billygee2u: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2015
BiafranPrince:
The Federal Government, yesterday, told a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, why it was not in a hurry to release the detained leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, claiming that its investigations revealed that Kanu, who it identified as the brain behind recent clamour for the creation of ‘Biafra Republic’, had already received huge sums of money to purchase weapons.

Government in a counter-affidavit before the court, said that prior to his arrest, Kanu, had already made enquiries about prices of all the weapons he intends to buy.

In the counter-affidavit by a senior officer with the Department of State Services, DSS, Mr. Ayo Ibitoye, it insisted that it would be in the interest of justice, peace and order, to allow the IPOB leader to remain in custody of the security agency.

It will be recalled Kanu who is also the Director of Radio Biafra and Television, was on October 17, arrested in Lagos by security operatives, shortly after he arrived Nigeria from his base in the United Kingdom.

He was later arraigned before a Chief Magistrate Court in Abuja over allegation that he engaged in criminal conspiracy, managed and belonged to an unlawful society.

But on October 19, pleaded not guilty to the charge and was granted bail in the tune of N2million.

The court further directed the defendant to produce a civil servant of Grade Level 16, to stand as his surety.

However, the accused person alleged that the Nigerian government refused to release him from detention despite the fact that he had met the bail conditions.

FG had while the matter was pending before the Magistrate court, secured an order from the high court to further detain Kanu for 90 days.

It was sequel to the order that government lawyer, Mr Moses Idakwo, asked Magistrate Usman to step down from the trial on the ground that his court lacks the power and jurisdiction to prosecute terrorism charges.

Following an application by Kanu before the high court, seeking to enforcing his fundamental right to freedom, government filed a counter-affidavit, explaining why he will not been released, despite the clear orders of the court.

Adjournment

Also, Justice Hassan Quadri of a Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, yesterday, adjourned hearing in the bail application for eight pro-Biafra protesters to December 17.

The court ordered that they be remanded in prison custody till the date for hearing of their bail application.

Counsel to Onyema Obilor the 4th accused, Mr Princewill Mukoro told the court that he filed application for bail about three weeks ago. Insisting that his client was innocent, he said he was disturbed by his detention.

The accused who were brought to court were later driven back to prison custody.

The court premises was filled with many of their supporters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/kanu-detained-in-the-interest-of-peace-fg-tells-court/
mark my word Buhari and all his daura kinsmen in government will bitterly regret their action against Kanu and the SE
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by Billygee2u: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2015
richidinho:
Shame on FG
Shame on Buhari
Shame on Nigeria

i dont want the marriage again, na by force?
Buhari is just digging his own grave.
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by Billygee2u: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2015
nertonert:
So they want Kanu to stay in jail even though he has met his bail condition just because he asked for the price of a Gun? Well, even the Nigerian police once charged a Goat for armed robbery so anything is possible
after meeting up the bail condition,they're still detaining him,that's another charge against the North-crazy government.
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by OSIBOY2(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
Be that as it may, some of his kith and kin are so fueled with tribalism that they believe their mantra of Biafra.

I mean, come to think of it, I'm Esan by tribe, have Nigeria ever produced any Esan man as president? What is the locus for this major tribe and minority tribe? Who even made it?

Have you ever seen or hear any of the minority tribe complain about marginalization the way some easterners do? I mean, na only dem dey this country sef!!!.

Its grossly annoying!. I guess the Esan, the bini, the gwaris, the Zurus and every other minor tribe should all come out and scream for secession, let's see if this country will be able to contain all of us.

Abeg who be dis 1 again,waiting be esan nd were is it Located? Una even reach 30people 4 dis esan? Abeg go sleep 4 Rock make I see road. Dumb skull
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by joseph1832(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
OSIBOY2:
Quote yourself, you celebrated buffoon
Re: Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard by OSIBOY2(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Release Nnamdi Kanu and call IPOB for dialogue immediately that's d only solution. I will not lie to u, keeping him there will escalete d problem. If u have ear, hear. Thks.
Beta talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valentine: EFCC Shares Recharge Card Vouchers On Twitter. Nigerians React / Oyo PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Seyi Makinde Attacks Tinubu / US Think Tank Cancels ‘conversation’ With Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.