Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? (1891 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About Dinosaurs? Are There Dinosaurs In The Bible?" / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? / Did God Create Dinosaurs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by donnie(m): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2009
By the mouth of two or three is a word established. I didnt just quote job but Genesis, Isaiah and Ezekiel also. I think by that number my dear, you shouldnt throw away my deductions as thrash just because you have believed otherwise all your liife.

Poetic indeed, so was Isaiah's prophecy about the man of sorrows, stricken with grief and afflicted abi? Ok the description of Job's suffering was also poetic. Jonah being in the belly of the fish could also have been poetic.

Is that not how the church killed the man who first said the earth was spherical until the discovered it was in the bible?

@ Olaadegbu

The plan of God for salvation had been since before the foundation of the world, not after Adam sinned. Have you forgotten that it was satan that first sinned, was kicked out of heaven, caused Adam and Eve to sin and is still responsible for the wickedness in the world today?

I am talking about a period long before the recreation of the earth. Between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 is a very long period, Probably millions of years.

God did not create the world to be without form and void. The account you have from verse 2 down is actually a recreation story.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Jun 11, 2009
donnie:

@ Olaadegbu

The plan of God for salvation had been since before the foundation of the world, not after Adam sinned. Have you forgotten that it was satan that first sinned, was kicked out of heaven, caused Adam and Eve to sin and is still responsible for the wickedness in the world today?

I am talking about a period long before the recreation of the earth. Between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 is a very long period, Probably millions of years.

God did not create the world to be without form and void. The account you have from verse 2 down is actually a recreation story.

The verses quoted below tells me that sin entered the world through Adam and that disease, suffering and death followed as a result of the Curse. The Last Adam, who was Jesus Christ came to redeem us from that curse of the law so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. Remember that after God had completed His creation He said that it was very good, can a earth that was full of the bones or fossils of dead animals that died as a result of diseases, suffering and pain be the premise on which our good God said that it was very good? I will suggest that you read the link suggested below and give me your feedback.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/gap-ruin-reconstruction-theories
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2009
tonye-t:

@OLAADEGBU,

i must say a very big thank you for the link you provided on the issue on this topic, men it was so-expository and detailed

you are a big support here thank you

We give God all the glory and honour.  We must also appreciate and thank God on behalf of the ministries that are devoted to the disemination of the gospel truth through their scientific and theological research.

Here is another link that presents pictorial representations of all that we have been talking about.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5001/5001_01.asp
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by simmy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
@donnie
it is very inneficinet to chase conjecture in the face of simpler and more compelling evidence. i have nowhere claimed that i know what sort of animal the leviathan was but its 'more reasonable' to assume that it is the common crocodile. i can allow my imagination to run wild with other passages in the bible also and end up believing all sorts of trash
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by tpia5: 3:26am On Jul 02, 2009
simmy:

Xtians just amaze me all the time!

nowhere did the bible state clearly that there was a world or a set of humans before adam. all that is pure conjecture
The leviathan described in Job is either some amphibious animal which is now extinct or is ur common crocodile. Job was a poetic book! the fire breathing blabla could have been poetic expressions and not meant to be taken literarilly. Like i can say of a face to face encounter with a lion " his eyes shone in the darkness from the fire that lay within" that doesnt mean the lion is some mammalian version of the firefly! And the leviathan didnt really fit the description of any dinasour I'm aware of

simmy:

@donnie
it is very inneficinet to chase conjecture in the face of simpler and more compelling evidence. i have nowhere claimed that i know what sort of animal the leviathan was but its 'more reasonable' to assume that it is the common crocodile. i can allow my imagination to run wild with other passages in the bible also and end up believing all sorts of trash

nothing wrong with either of your assumptions. You're free to believe leviathan is a crocodile or see it as symbolic language.

But there's no need for anyone to pick fights over it like some people always try to do with out of context quoting.

The Komodo dragon is the largest lizard alive- it looks and acts like a dragon too.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by tpiadotcom: 3:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Tonyet1:
prior to now, i have always argued about the true existence of dinosaurs, but some few wks ago i saw on news about an excavated site of dinosaur fossils and skeleton/skeletal structure found somewhere around egypt

it was so real that i was forced to ask myself if dinosaurs really existed and if yes why avnt i come across any account of it in the bible because i feel it is very important to know the age they existed at least to make one firm about the knowledge of the origin of life and other things

well, it depends, if you want to consider the "creeping things" mentioned in the bible, as reptilian dinosaurs, modern day reptiles, or just a term used to describe animals in general (or insects maybe).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? / Every Problem Has A Solution / Contradictions In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.