Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

I Love You Isn't Complete If... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love You Isn't Complete If... (744 Views)

Your Home Isn't Complete / Your Xmas Prep Is Not Complete If Dental Visit Is Missing In Your To-do List / How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love You Isn't Complete If... by Maxxxcarter(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2015
I once met a little kid who told me he liked my pair of shoes.
Normally my initial response was a thank you with a huge smile.
As he walked away I looked at his feet.
He had these not-so-new slippers on.
And then I thought ; why don't I give my shoes to him (dude's got a big feet too)

But then another thought retorted : it's expensive, you can't give these.

I laughed, shook my head, called out to him and asked him to pack my pair and take it home.

"huh... Brother... You say? "
He responded stuttering now.

I smiled and responded
" You like 'em so you can have' em"

He was quite hesitant at first but yes, I could see the joy enshroud him as his countenance had changed.

It wasn't like I had lots of those nice pairs or anything but I knew there is a need to make others smile because the things we have that we may not place so much value on, are the same things others scribble down in their prayer list.

The essence of this piece however isn't for self gratification or vain glory,
Rather that someone out there may be inspired.

Sometimes it's imperative to find a human need and meet it in your own little way.

Look in that wardrobe and give out that nice pajamas, tuxedos or even pants stuffed up in your drawers.

Giving really is letting go of your best.

I love you isn't complete without giving-that's the real humanity you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love You Isn't Complete If... by Ishopbest: 7:50am On Dec 10, 2015
That is love

1 Like

Re: I Love You Isn't Complete If... by JonTal: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2015
May God bless you enough and completely, Max.

Very good that you know and practice this rear and true kind of love and are encouraging Nlanders to do same.

Love should be for the sake of itself and not preconditioned on anything as humans do these days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Fewer Toys Will Benefit Your Kids / 50 Facts About Your Wife / Should I Abandon My Education Or Continue With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.