Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari (5939 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 11:50am On Dec 09, 2015
If the determination to succeed despite repeated setbacks can be regarded as one of the primary requisites of leadership, then Nigeria’s current president is certainly made of the right stuff needed to set the country on course for a future blessed with peace, development and prosperity at all levels of nationhood.

Observers of Nigerian history, particularly those with vivid memories dating back to the dark years the nation’s military dictatorship, can be forgiven for regarding retired military officers, especially those who venture into the murky waters of politics, with jaded suspicion.

It is therefore not surprising that the man who ultimately won Nigeria’s most recent presidential election did so despite the collaborative efforts of numerous organizations and individuals that were determined to thwart the efforts of any retired general to seek elected office as president and commander-in-chief.

Now that the pages of history have been written by the Nigerian electorate which spoke with one voice at the polls by unanimously electing a new president, it is already evident that the pre-election worries expressed in many circles, that the country would regress into the status of a rogue state ruled by arbitrary whim, are quite simply unfounded fears now evaporating like early morning mist, before the dawning day’s sun.

Critics and skeptics who felt that the new president nursed a long-standing socio-religious bias that would unduly favor those geographical zones of the nation whose citizens predominantly share the president’s own faith, while marginalizing areas of the nation that are home to statistical majorities who do not share the president’s faith, can all now rest assured that the retired general is a practicing democrat who is very well-versed in the importance of separating matters of statehood from those of religion.

The new president, when asked during a recent press interview about his stand on the introduction of Islamic Sharia religious law throughout Nigeria, did not miss a beat in responding thoughtfully that while his own personal preference as a private citizen may have been for the expanded introduction of Islamic law, his current status as the elected president of a secular democracy is inherently subordinate to constitutionally enshrined checks and balances designed to preserve and protect the separation of church and state.

A more learned and eloquent response to that thorny question could not have been crafted by any professional speech writer, yet those erudite thoughts were verbalized off-the-cuff by the new head-of-state, offering yet another telling glimpse into the man’s formidable yet understated intelligence, as well as reassurance regarding his deep abiding respect for the timeless, enduring concept of secular democracy, in its fundamental role as a stabilizing bedrock for peaceful coexistence within all modern nations that aspire towards greatness.

Making good his promises to track down Nigeria’s stolen wealth and to stop the rampant wastage of state money, the new president has remained steadfast in all regards. Exposure, investigation and prosecution of government officials from previous administrations has been conducted in a manner that is entirely devoid of tribal or sectarian undertones. The chase for stolen money hoarded away by corrupt officials continues apace, as investigations span the globe. Smultaneously, the president weilded the big stick to abolish the gaping fiscal loophole that enabled all but the lowest ranking government officials to engage at state expense dozens of hangers-on as personal assistants, advisors and tenured boot-lickers.

All told, Nigerian Pres. Mohammed Buhari has turned out to be PRECISELY what the doctor ordered for Nigeria’s ailing economy and top-heavy, overstaffed government machinery that bled the country dry for the past half century. The current president will most certainly right all that is wrong with Africa’s most populated country, Nigeria, but, like an ocean-going mega-ship of gargantuan proportions, course corrections ordered by the captain can only come about in the methodical and gradual manner.

Steady as she goes captain. Full steam ahead. All hands on deck. Godspeed, as you guide this gigantic ship of state safely through the towering, pounding waves of adversity, past the jagged rocks of political intrigue and insurgency, and finally out onto the smooth open sea of national prosperity where the distant horizon beckons with the arising promise of a new day.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by fearless2014: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2015
Empty story, all we want is better welfare for Nigerians & till now we have not seen that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2015
I must be dreaming, someone please wake me up.. All this coming from Jakumo? cheesy cheesy
The number one public enemy of GMB.. For more than 6 years you have tormented Buhari on nairaland with various sarcastic posts & degrading animations ..
What has changed?? grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ogbeche77:
I must be dreaming, someone please wake me up.. All this coming from Jakumo? cheesy cheesy
The number one public enemy of GMB.. For more than 6 years you have tormented Buhari on nairaland with various sarcastic posts & degrading animations ..

Light will always prevail darkness. Thank God grin

10 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ogbeche77:

My perception has changed, Ogbeche. It is clear as day that the new president is NOT going to repeat the mistakes of the past, and more importantly, is going to tackle Nigeria's professional treasury looters without fear or favor.

Nobody in their right mind can ask for much more than this from a national leader, so, for all it is worth, I hereby take back ALL the harsh words I wrote here in this forum about Nigeria's current elected president, for they were typed in error, and on the basis of prejudices and assumptions that time has now proven to be false and erroneous.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by LadyExcellency: 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
Papawata don carry come.

You don defect as in changing political persuasion?

I know this article is pregnant and I hope it delivers a future for the common man on the street.

We pray for Nigeria and hope "it" works.

4 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
LadyExcellency:
Papawata don carry come.

You don defect as in changing political persuasion?

I know this article is pregnant and I hope it delivers a future for the common man on the street.

We pray for Nigeria and hope "it" works.

Na only you wakka come ? Things will improve in Nigeria without question. Let us watch and learn from El Presidente, Fashola and the other members of the sterling team already working hard towards a better future starting NOW.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by nduchucks: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
I am convinced more than ever that the OP, Jakumo, one of the harshest critics of President Buhari in years past, had vigorously opposed Buhari because Jakomo, like many Nigerians, simply wants the best for this great country.

What many of us saw in Buhari is now clearly visible to all. All we can do now is wish Buhari and his team great success. una know say I no dey talk too much, but I have to say that Jakumo made my day. Uncle Jakumo, welcome aboard sir.

[url=lalasticlala]lala[/url]

10 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by obailala(m): 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
It is surprising that some people can actually change their stance even after very stiff political and ideological oppositions. I hope and pray the Nigerian ship of state will sail into smooth and open seas soon enough to further incapacitate some adversaries who diabolically wish for things to get worse because it suits their political narrative.

4 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is a welcome development. On behalf of the honorable Progressives and by the power vested in me by Obatala, I hereby declare Jakumo a.k.a Papiwata - The Eze Gburugburu of Nairaland.

Now, we also hope that rebellious & stiff-necked “Billyonaire” will take a cue from Jukomo - Nagode! grin

4 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by gists: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ogbeche77:
I thought so too oo.
I even had to check his previous posts to reconfirm.
Good to know sha - in politics their should be no permanent enemy or friend - only permanent interest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by rottennaija(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
fearless2014:
Empty story, all we want is better welfare for Nigerians & till now we have not seen that.

It takes time, but with the kind of dedication and passion I see in PMB's team, they will surely get there. Personally, I gave him like 3 years before I can judge.

6 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
rottennaija:

It takes time, but with the kind of dedication and passion I see in PMB's team, they will surely get there. Personally, I gave him like 3 years before I can judge.

In the latest news about the ongoing retrieval of stolen national wealth, a solemn pledge has been made by Nigeria's new government that contrary to presumption that the ongoing refund to national teasuries of stolen wealth would be used to purchase secrecy by the thieves caught with their hands in the cookie jar, NAMES of the guilty WILL BE NAMED, even as the high-living culprits are fitted for their nice new prison uniforms that they will wear while serving their long sentences as guests of the state.

El Presidente is DA MAN ! Who no know go know.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
“Quite frankly, the anti-corruption war is not strictly about me as a person, it is about building a country where our children, and the forthcoming generations, can live in peace and prosperity.
Corruption is responsible for the dilapidated infrastructure round the country; poor healthcare; collapsed education; lack of public utilities; decayed social services, they are all products of corruption, as those entrusted with public resources put them in their private pockets.
That must stop, if we want a new Nigeria. And that was why I said at another forum that people need not fear me, but they must fear the consequences of their actions. Corrupt acts will always be punished, and there will be no friend, no foe. We will strive to do what is fair and just at all times, but people who refuse to embrace probity should have every cause to fear." - President Muhammadu Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Iroh88(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jakumo:

My perception has changed, Ogbeche. It is clear as day that the new president is NOT going to repeat the mistakes of the past, and more importantly, is going to tackle Nigeria's professional treasury looters without fear or favor.

Nobody in their right mind can ask for much more than this from a national leader, so, for all it is worth, I hereby take back ALL the harsh words I wrote here in this forum about Nigeria's current elected president, for they were typed in error, and on the basis of prejudices and assumptions that time has now proven to be false and erroneous.
Even though you can't take back those harsh words of yours, I'd say God bless you abundantly for having the courage to speak the truth against your previous convictions.

Baba needs as much support as he can get from all of us. The task ahead of him is indeed an arduous one.

3 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Beremx(f): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jakumo is now a Buharist?
It's a lie!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jakumo:

I'm glad you finally see what other people that mean well for your country have been seeing all these years.
Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
In Zebrudaya's voice, "are you see what I'm saw?" Who will ever believe that Jakumo aka PapiWata would speak good of Buhari, the man he condemned before and during the elections.?

2 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by theV0ice: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2015
Hehehehehe.... cheesy cheesy

I seriously hope we are not dealing with a high profile hack here?? shocked

2 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by NigLasPresident: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ogbeche77:

having meetings with a minister can change lot of a whole things you never knew about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
theV0ice:
Hehehehehe.... cheesy cheesy

I seriously hope we are not dealing with a high profile hack here?? shocked

Now there is a thought ha ha. Well then, to dispel the notion that a dastardly impostor has commandeered my Nairaland account, I hereby declare before this court and with full authority that "Ayam who Ayam, and NOT who Ayam not."

Returning to the here and now, it is indeed a surreal experience to read almost daily news reports describing how Nigerian treasury looters, long revered as un-touchable local celebritiies, are, as we speak, in the proces of being rounded up like so many heads of cattle ready for conversion into fresh meat.

The mass heamorrage of government funds into private pockets will quickly stifle national growth no matter the intentions of any administration, so the most recent crop of parasitic kleptomaniacs responsible for draining state and federal treasuries MUST be encouraged to refund ALL they have stolen, before being sent to prison to serve out hard labor time for grand larceny involving public finances. By this simple expedient, billions of national development dollars will accrue to the government literally overnight, thanks to filthy rich embezzlers from past administrations FINALLY being held accountable, AND made to cough up ALL they have stolen from the public purse.

Just watch and learn, as El Presidente busts a move on those treaury-looting muffugus, and sends them ALL up chit creek without a paddle.

The best is yet to come.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by zimoni(f): 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
Interesting.

I can't believe Egbon Jakumo wrote this, anyway no long thing.

Glad to read from this moniker again. I've missed Jakumo vs Becomerich threads.

I wish PMB best of luck. I pray God strengthens him to deliver the electoral promises.

Cheers Sir.

1 Like

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by theV0ice: 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jakumo:

Now there is a thought ha ha. Well then, to dispel the notion that a dastardly impostor has commandeered my Nairaland account, I hereby declare before this court and with full authority that "Ayam who Ayam, and NOT who Ayam not."

Returning to the here and now, it is indeed a surreal experience to read almost daily news reports describing how Nigerian treasury looters, long revered as un-touchable local celebritiies, are, as we speak, in the proces of being rounded up like so many heads of cattle ready for conversion into fresh meat.

The mass heamorrage of government funds into private pockets will quickly stifle national growth no matter the intentions of any administration, so the most recent crop of parasitic kleptomaniacs responsible for draining state and federal treasuries MUST be encouraged to refund ALL they have stolen, before being sent to prison to serve out hard labor time for grand larceny involving public finances. By this simple expedient, billions of national development dollars will accrue to the government literally overnight, thanks to filthy rich embezzlers from past administrations FINALLY being held accountable, AND made to cough up ALL they have stolen from the public purse.

Just watch and learn, as El Presidente busts a move on those treaury-looting muffugus, and sends them ALL up chit creek without a paddle.

The best is yet to come.

Well....what more can i say?

Cheers bro and God bless you grin
Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by bokohalal(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Welcome, bro!
Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Day169: 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jakumo:

Redemption for Jakumo!
It takes a man and a lot of courage to accept the truth in the face of persecution.
You are forgiven.. but there's little time and room for further error now.
Go and preach the truth to all "political" gentiles! ..you have been rechristened "Political Paul"! wink

2 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by swtdrms(m): 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
Reading what Jakumo has put to pen and the comments it attracted from people who have known him over the years is a clear indication that despite our biases and sentiments, we can all be sincere about one thing- good life for everyone and for generations unborn. The earlier we can all come to term with this unifying factor the easier life become for us all. Kudos to Jakumo and all actors on the Nairaland political arena.

5 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Meiji(m): 1:58am On Dec 13, 2015
If not for the fact that only Jakumo can write the way Jakumo does, I'd have been inclined to believe his account was hacked.

Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by sharawwy(m): 5:27am On Dec 13, 2015
Nice one jakumo u have said it all
I just hope all these GEJ wailers will finally try and let go!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2015
This piece was submitted on Dec 9, it has not been at the FP by Dec 13 despite that it's written by a known forum member who used to be anti Buhari. Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mynd44, this deserves a space at HQ.

2 Likes

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Mynd44: 6:01am On Dec 13, 2015
So does this expunge all the previous trials to pull him down?
Just like if Dasuki sayshe now sees the evil he did and wants to be a changed person. grin grin grin grin grin

What? Somebody cannot even okay with you people again?
Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:18am On Dec 13, 2015
^^^ Never too late to get it right. The Kingdom of God is such that even the man who starts labouring at the last hour recieves same wage as those who did from the first hour. Welcome to progressive politics, Jakumo!!! I also invite you to Christ today if you haven't accepted him as your lord and savior.

1 Like

Re: A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari by JonSnow(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2015
more like: the grand boar among many pigs grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Changes It's NEXT LEVEL Logo (photo) / Genocide In Nigeria: Igbos Face Extinction / Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.