Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus (9939 Views)

Gionee M5 Or Infinix Zero 3 / The Gionee S Plus Punches Way Above Its Weight (HOT) / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by fabolakers(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
seveny:
I tink I will go.4 d s+. My reason being dat it has a gorrila glass3, its super slim & light 4 a fone of 5.5nch. I personally hate screen guards nor protection. I lov my fone screen appearing d way it is. It also has an amoled display same like.d m5. Dnt really giv a Bleep about type c charger. But it wud b fun using face unlock.. lastly. D gionee s+ according 2 gsmarena has a 3gig ram. But d ones in naija has 2gig ram. Dnt kno hw tru dat is by d way. I learnt dat d s+ is superior 2d m5 aesthetically.
Says who? M5 is more superior and more expensive. S+ is new and goes for N39,800 while M5 has been around for over 3 months and its N43,000. M5 also have Gorilla Glass 3. The only advantage S+ have over M5 is light weight and a bit slimmer than M5.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Xhaka(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
augster:
carlcare has bad customer relationship...they talk anyhow...just like you
Well, that depends on you
If you talk anyhow, ama do the same undecided
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by seveny(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
fabolakers:

Says who? M5 is more superior and more expensive. S+ is new and goes for N39,800 while M5 has been around for over 3 months and its N43,000. M5 also have Gorilla Glass 3. The only advantage S+ have over M5 is light weight and a bit slimmer than M5.

M5 dosnt av a gorilla glass protection
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
seveny:

It does
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hotdiamond:
I went for the gionee m5 because of the build and it's battery. It feels very solid with its metal construction. It balances well with its weight. Feels expensive in the hand.

Tell them..!

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by fabolakers(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
seveny:

Dont say what you don't know. Here is my prove http://gionee.co.in/M5/ and you can check GSMarena if you don't believe this one.

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Hotdiamond(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
Joered63:

So Honestly, how do you see the device performance wise, any issues? I would appreciate your sincere response becos i am getting one soon
Battery wise :
If you are a very heavy user, it can last for the whole day.
Moderate use can take 2days+ on a single charge.

The bundled charger chargers the 6000mah unit fast.
150mims can get you from 0-100%.
Tested this out myself.

The amigo 3.1 is by far the best amigo ui.
It's well optimized.
Smooth transitions while panning the home screen.
The first two days I used the default launcher without any issues. But had to revert to my trusted nova launcher.

Apps don't crash. Multitasking is a breeze.
But mind you if you are using the power saving "normal mode" you'll experience hiccups in the gaming department. For the best experience if you are a heavy user , uncheck the power saving features since the battery is more than adequate.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Hotdiamond(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
seveny:

M5 has a 5.5 inch 720p AMOLED display
With gorilla glass 3 protection.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Joered63: 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hotdiamond:

Battery wise :
If you are a very heavy user, it can last for the whole day.
Moderate use can take 2days+ on a single charge.

The bundled charger chargers the 6000mah unit fast.
150mims can get you from 0-100%.
Tested this out myself.

The amigo 3.1 is by far the best amigo ui.
It's well optimized.
Smooth transitions while panning the home screen.
The first two days I used the default launcher without any issues. But had to revert to my trusted nova launcher.

Apps don't crash. Multitasking is a breeze.
But mind you if you are using the power saving "normal mode" you'll experience hiccups in the gaming department. For the best experience if you are a heavy user , uncheck the power saving features since the battery is more than adequate.

Thanks man, appreciate the response. But just to be clear, u mean i can play games and watch videos for one full day on a single charge?
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Hotdiamond(m): 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Joered63:

Thanks man, appreciate the response. But just to be clear, u mean i can play games and watch videos for one full day on a single charge?

If you don't game for the whole 24 hours, it should be enough
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Joered63: 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hotdiamond:

If you don't game for the whole 24 hours, it should be enough

Lolz . Ok
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by kolabad: 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
See d s+ and d m5 are like basically d same..I just bought d s+ @ slot dz week.. I operated both of d phone and dey are virtually d same camera and all.. Only tin dat put me off was d weight of d m5.. I have neva used a phone as heavy as it.. And personally I dnt really care about battery so 3150mah of d s+ is enuf for me and d m5 is a bit bulky because of d bar3 I guess buh still well built and has a premium finish same goes for d s+ slim with premium finish.. So 2 me both of dem are like d same.. Its d m5 plus dah wud really out do both devices

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by safo99(m): 12:13am On Dec 20, 2015
As for me o.. I wud pick d old and reliable gionee e7 to both d m5 and s+.. Am not a fan of mtk chipsets.. D e7 still has great specs for a 2013 device.. Snapdragon 800 coupled with adreno 330 gpu.. 3gb of ram and 32gb of rom.. 16mp rear camera and 8mp front camera.. D camera quality is very very ok.. Used it bfor they stole it.. Am stil gonna get anoda one bfor dis xmas.. 38k
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Leorichy: 6:10am On Dec 20, 2015
Xhaka:
I really don't like Gionee products
Just because they're not strong enough

bro,been using infinix phone all my life,but knows that gionee is the best when it comes to durability,porting to gionee self...
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Leorichy: 6:20am On Dec 20, 2015
safo99:
As for me o.. I wud pick d old and reliable gionee e7 to both d m5 and s+.. Am not a fan of mtk chipsets.. D e7 still has great specs for a 2013 device.. Snapdragon 800 coupled with adreno 330 gpu.. 3gb of ram and 32gb of rom.. 16mp rear camera and 8mp front camera.. D camera quality is very very ok.. Used it bfor they stole it.. Am stil gonna get anoda one bfor dis xmas.. 38k

tell me more! Bro,how much!?

Geeks in the building, what do you think? Better than M5,S+?
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by augster(m): 8:00am On Dec 20, 2015
Xhaka:

Well, that depends on you
If you talk anyhow, ama do the same undecided
and is that how it should be? We call it customer care, cmon! They better goan learn from mtn
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by safo99(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2015
Leorichy:

tell me more! Bro,how much!?

Geeks in the building, what do you think? Better than M5,S+?
Priced it in one of the leading shops in benin.. 38k
Its a very very good fone bro.. 5.5 inch FHD screen.. Super amoled.. Snapdragon 800 is found in note 3 with the same GPU..

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Smone(m): 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
fabolakers:

Dont say what you don't know. Here is my prove http://gionee.co.in/M5/ and you can check GSMarena if you don't believe this one.

Bro, check the disclaimer. Not all the informations are correct.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Smone(m): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
My own opinion, both phone are amazing and have some differences like s+ been octacore and m5 quadcore, s+ 3150mAh and m5 6120mAh. But for me I'd choose s+ slim, not heavy as m5. I don't have to choose powerbank for a phone you know. Everyone has his own reasons of smartphone. S+ better preferred.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by mindtricks: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Xhaka:

For your info, their Carlcare and engineers are always reliable, always already ready to help you with your complain
You can tell that to as many id1ots as you can find and confuse or convince online, preaching rubbish Crappy Tecno phones that are utterly useless. and good for nothing.

Anybody gullible enough to hope there's a CarlCare service center somewhere that truly solves issues is on his own!

Be it Gionee M5 or SPlus, they are worthwhile!

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by fabolakers(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Smone:

Bro, check the disclaimer. Not all the informations are correct.
Why not show me like I did.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Xhaka(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2015
mindtricks:

You can tell that to as many id1ots as you can find and confuse or convince online, preaching rubbish Crappy Tecno phones that are utterly useless. and good for nothing.

Anybody gullible enough to hope there's a CarlCare service center somewhere that truly solves issues is on his own!

Be it Gionee M5 or SPlus, they are worthwhile!

Hey! that actually depend on the type of problem your phone is having
I have no doubt about Tecno's carlcare, they could delay you but they're reliable.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Xhaka(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2015
augster:
and is that how it should be? We call it customer care, cmon! They better goan learn from mtn
I'm not a customer care agent or whatever
If you do anyhow, you go see anyhow undecided
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Cescgas: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Does Splus have OTG? No!
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Laurabae(f): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
kolabad:
for me gionee s plus. Octa core nuh heavy.. Beautiful design.... But if u want a really big battery and u dnt mind d phone being heavy u cud go 4 d m5
WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THE CAMERAS, M PLANNIN ON GETTIN ONE
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by Laurabae(f): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
kolabad:
for me gionee s plus. Octa core nuh heavy.. Beautiful design.... But if u want a really big battery and u dnt mind d phone being heavy u cud go 4 d m5
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by kolabad: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
Laurabae:

WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THE CAMERAS, M PLANNIN ON GETTIN ONE
the camera is very good
Re: Gionee M5 Or Gionee S Plus by tellsblinks(m): 12:59am On Jan 27, 2017
I have a gionee Splus I would love to swap with Gionee m5.

View signature for more.
Interested pls WhatsApp me. 08169400427

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Your Weak Battery Strong (%100 No Risk) / YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’ / Power Bank...( Oraimo Or Itel )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.