Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity (1199 Views)

FG Pays 20 Whistleblowers N375.8M / Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears / Buhari, End Fuel Scarcity Within 48 Hours Or You Resign - NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by ManirBK: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
FG pays oil marketers N407bn to end fuel scarcity

The Federal Government has paid N407, 076,805,386.30 subsidy claims to oil marketers to end the lingering fuel crisis.
A statement from the federal ministry of finance signed by Mr. Marshall Gundu, Director, Press of the ministry said the Minister of finance Mrs. Kemi Adeosun has confirmed the payment to the oil marketers.
Adeosun noted that President Muhammadu Buhari had directed that the payments should be “made immediately in order to bring to a quick end the lingering fuel crisis which has caused great suffering to Nigerian families and businesses.”
The minister of finance also said that “despite dwindling revenues, the government is committed to ensuring continuous availability of fuel to Nigerians.”
Wednesday’s payments to oil marketers she said “include arrears from the 2014 financial year as well as payments for the current year.”READ MORE
http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-pays-oil-marketers-n407bn-to-end-fuel-scarcity/
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Papasmal(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
Better
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by greatiyk4u(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
K
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by knostbrown01(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
I tot Bubu said, dere is nothing like subsidy before

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by hinwazaka: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wait for the next brand next week. You will see the mother of all scarcities.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by obailala(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
I hope we can now put this fuel scarcity behind us, thank God this was done before Christmas. And I also hope this payment of subsidies will now be reconsidered since removing it now wouldn't really affect the cost of petroleum products.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by docadams: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
knostbrown01:

Sorry bros. Na so person de think if malaria don enter brain.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by docadams: 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
obailala:
I hope we can now put this fuel scarcity behind us, thank God this was done before Christmas. And I also hope this payment of subsidies will now be reconsidered since removing it now wouldn't really affect the cost of petroleum products.

Hmmmmmm

The subsidy conundrum is really a maze of confusion.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Grundig: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
Wednesday’s payments to oil marketers she said “include arrears from the 2014 financial year as well as payments for the current year

So, in another three weeks or so we'll experience another round of scarcity?? Right??
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by kernel504(m): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
THEY SAID SUBSIDY IS A SCAM, WHY PAYING FOR IT?
DAVID WEST HAS GONE SILENT...

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by feldido(m): 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
Na small small dem de take catch Fowl... Buhari is gradually understanding what subsidy is.
This Marketers are very cunning and wicked.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Dannyset(m): 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
When the subsidy is finally removed, we will see what the marketers will lie on.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
Please does anyone know where I can get the full 2006 census data for free?

I need it for a project urgently, thanks in advance.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Aromas: 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
knostbrown01:
Stop thinking with your anus bro grin
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Aromas: 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
Brugge:
Please does anyone know where I can get the full 2006 census data for free?

I need it for a project urgently, thanks in advance.
www.qtsnigeria.com/
Das it bro, wish u best of luck!!!
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by TimeManager(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Gej wakapass president went about doling out dollars instead of settling the subsidy payments. With all outstanding settled, Oil marketers should get ready for subsidy probe.
No lie only truth!

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Aromas:

www.qtsnigeria.com/
Das it bro, wish u best of luck!!!

Thanks but can't find the data
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by irondome: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
knostbrown01:

The bulk of payment included arrears amassed by GEJ since 2014.

Putting this in the right perspective, it's simply yet another case of Buhari cleaning up GEJ mess after salary debt crisis.

Honestly, if it's taking a Buhari, who sold oil at $40p/b to offset a debt acrued by a GEJ, who sold the same oil at over $100(for over 4years); it's really a shame on GEJ

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by keally: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
irondome:

The bulk of payment included arrears amassed by GEJ since 2014.

Putting this in the right perspective, it's simply yet another case of Buhari cleaning up GEJ mess after salary debt crisis.

Honestly, if it's taking a Buhari, who sold oil at $40p/b to offset a debt acrued by a GEJ, who sold the same oil at over $100(for over 4years); it's really a shame on GEJ
. This Bubu apshit will not stop deceiving Nigerians. Anyway, they are deceiving those that willing chose to be deceived. GEJ removed subsidy 2012 Jan 1st, you guys, brainwashed lots, anti-Jonathan mobs were mobilized to Ojota for 12days, eating and dancing being entertained by your slavemasters. Today the fuel subsidy has come to hunt them and they are blaming GEJ again. Now I ask, if this one is arrears of GEJ's debt what about 297 billion that was paid before? When will Buhari's regime start paying their own debts. Some Nigerians are so gullible and easy-to-be-deceived. They will keep blaming GEJ till the end of their tenure with nothing to show.
Re: FG Pays Oil Marketers 407bn To End Fuel Scarcity by irondome: 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
keally:
. This Bubu apshit will not stop deceiving Nigerians. Anyway, they are deceiving those that willing chose to be deceived. GEJ removed subsidy 2012 Jan 1st, you guys, brainwashed lots, anti-Jonathan mobs were mobilized to Ojota for 12days, eating and dancing being entertained by your slavemasters. Today the fuel subsidy has come to hunt them and they are blaming GEJ again. Now I ask, if this one is arrears of GEJ's debt what about 297 billion that was paid before? When will Buhari's regime start paying their own debts. Some Nigerians are so gullible and easy-to-be-deceived. They will keep blaming GEJ till the end of their tenure with nothing to show.

I don't how your post addresses some of the points I raised.

Did the states government acrue several months of salary in debt at the tail end of GEJ tenure? YES

Did Buhari come to the rescue of the states? YES. GEJ was too pre-occupied with his re-election to be bothered.

Did GEJ leave a huge pile of outstanding subsidy payment unsettled until handover. YES

Did the FG pay the outstanding debt on subsidy dated back to 2014 financial year? YES

Did crude oil sell for >$100p/b for the greater part of GEJ's tenure? YES

Is oil selling for about $40p/b now? YES

If the so call dullard could pull up these rescues in spite of the falling revenue; I would be happy to have the bubu govern for another 7years.

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Cancel Southern Ijaw Results Unilaterally - REC / Made In Nigeria Drone & Made In Nigeria Truck. / REVEALED: How Ericsson Engineer Helped Install Radio Biafra Transmitters On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.