Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? (1617 Views)

At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal? / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / How Regularly Should You Cook And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by Ubiero(f): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2009
I was disussing with a few of my friends yesterday and i found out that a mutual friend never uses maggi while cooking,no matter the type of food.She only uses salt and in very few cases,add grinded iru to her cooking.To say the truth,i didn't believe it until i asked about 10 people who told me the same.
More than that,i was mad at my friend for not telling me about it since.It is more painful for me as that mutual friend no longer stays around.
So give me tips,if you have any,on how to cook with salt only.
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by ifyalways(f): 7:22pm On Jun 02, 2009
Heard a friend saying that to someone else. . .Turned out to be a lie.she was trying to impress a guy(she wanted to look like a super good cook).I later bumped into her cooking and she was using that 4-1 cubes for her jollof. cheesy
No food i wud cook with just salt jare,i might subsitute maggi with ground crayfish or prawns but just salt. . . .NO WAY. cool
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2009
I have to have knorr cubes in all of ma cooking esp. soups, and stews. . . .but i can get away wid boiling rice w/out salt. . .no?? undecided
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by Ubiero(f): 10:45am On Jun 03, 2009
It's no joke.Even my friend told me that she monitored her while cooking just to be sure that she was saying the truth.It happened that her dad was told to avoid the eating of maggi and so that was how the entire family began to cook without using maggi in their food.
Infact,when she was dating a guy she went to the guy's house and cooked for them.The girlfriend of her guy's younger brother was there while she was cooking.When she told both guys that the lady in question did not use maggi at all,they could hardly believe her.They thought she was joking.Until she told them she could bet her life that the lady did not use maggi.
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by DaJoneZ(f): 1:26am On Jun 10, 2009
you should try soy sauce, or seasoning cubes in place of salt, it brings out the taste in food!
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by iice(f): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
I suppose it could happen undecided
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 12, 2013
nooooway! undecided

i have to season my food!

be it with green onion, onion, garlic, tomato, thyme; etc.
my food has to be well seasoned and finger licking! cheesy

in fact i baked some chicken today w/ those same ingredients
and it was scrumptious! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by shariifah(f): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Well,u could by using crayfish,herbs and spices...I do and it makes my meals exoctic wink! Really,you should avoid those seasoning cubes,once in a very while maybe,but not on everyday basis,they aren't good for our health. Crayfish is a superb seasoner,tasty in about every meal either ground or whole...tastysmiley!
Re: Can You Cook All Your Foods With Salt Only? by jeff1607(m): 6:21am On May 07, 2020
how is this possible

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Wedding Cake After 1 Year. / Eating This Fruit Every Day Can Help You Lose Weight... / How To Make Ofada Rice And Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.