Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? (779 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview / This Is How You Negotiate Salary When You Are About To Be Hired / How To Negotiate Your Salary During The Interview Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Tbillz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
Having an interview but you totally have no idea about th3 payscale due to limited information at hand or you have no insider as a friend or family, in that case how is th3 best way to negotiate with th3 interviewer?
Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Isryl02(m): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
*the
Wtf!!!
Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by 1money: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
If they ask you what salary you are expecting, you can say- I believe that you will pay me what I am worth to your company.

My opinion!
Others can add theirs

1 Like

Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Dahveydson(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Say the amount you think the job is worth based on your qualifications and the company's prestige.

Most times, they already know what they want to pay you, what you say doesn't matter. But try as much as possible to find a middle ground, not too high, not too low.

Hope this helps.
Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Danbam(m): 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
or u simply say, "pay me according to d company's set scale on salary"; i was asked dis q n gave this same reply in ma first ever interview, and YES, I got the job (tho i didnt take it eventually). Seems that's one of the things that stood me out frm others giving an outrageous amount.
Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Tbillz(m): 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
Danbam:
or u simply say, "pay me according to d company's set scale on salary"; i was asked dis q n gave this same reply in ma first ever interview, and YES, I got the job (tho i didnt take it eventually). Seems that's one of the things that stood me out frm others giving an outrageous amount.
thanks bro
Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by Danbam(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tbillz:
thanks bro

uwc, I wish u outstanding succcess in ur interview

1 Like

Re: How Do You Negotiate For Salary You Have No Idea About The Payscale? by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Danbam:

Majority will insist to mention d amount you want

(1) (Reply)

21 Vacant Positions Recruitment At Outreach Hospitals / Interview With I+consortium As State Consultants / Very Lucrative Pay - Accountant At Shoregates Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.