Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z (1057 Views)

South African Man Shot Himself After Murdering His Cheating Wife (Graphic Pics) / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts / Nigerian Diplomat’s Son Jailed For Raping & Murdering A Nigerian Sex Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by bebe77: 2:31am On Dec 10, 2015
A Nigerian man, Oluwatosin Oluwafemi, 39, has been charged with second degree murder nearly a year after the death of his four-year-old daughter in Calgary, Canada.

According to reports, officers and paramedics were called to the family's home at Erin Ridge Road S.E. Calgary around 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 19, 2014 to respond to a report of a girl in cardiac arrest.

When they arrived, the girl, identified as Olive Rebekah Oluwafemi, was in cardiac arrest and not breathing. She was taken to a hospital but died a short time later.

Police said the parents were not cooperative during investigations and initially said the girl had fallen down the stairs. But in January, investigators determined that Olive’s death was a homicide and not the result of play, an accident nor “medical intervention consistent with CPR.

On Wednesday, Staff Sgt. Colin Chisholm with the homicide unit said Olive died as a result of blunt force injuries. “We believe there were injuries indicative of upwards of a week’s prior to the incident,” Chisholm said.

Calgary police arrested Olive’s father, in Ontario on Tuesday and flew him back to Calgary. The family had left Calgary within weeks of Olive’s death. Oluwafemi was charged Wednesday morning with second-degree murder and will appear in court Thursday.

No other charges are being considered, Chisholm said. “We were looking at all possibilities but Mr. Oluwafemi was definitely our suspect from the beginning,” he said.

Neighbours said the family was relatively new to the neighbourhood, moving in at the beginning of 2014, and kept to themselves. Olive was an only child.

www.healththenmore.com
Re: Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by donholy28(m): 3:15am On Dec 10, 2015
Came here to check his name! sneh wasn't disappointed
Re: Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by ssoftappless(m): 6:57am On Dec 10, 2015
CHAI GOD HAVE MERCY, "click like if you think the poster above me is a tribalist.
Re: Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by porshuch: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2015
The father might not even have any hand in her death.
This reminds me of one of my aunty that went to America to give birth, after delivery and was discharged, you know how curious a mother with new baby can be a times , It was as if the new born wasn't moving her arm well, so the mother took her back to the hospital for examination, but after the examination they baby had no problem in the first place, Na so they arrested my aunty , took the baby away from her and charged her to court, the court said they won't release the kids to her, until her husband comes, Na so the hubby wey dey naija kukuma rush they go America. After every every, she was released and she won the court case, her next pregnancy no be person tell her make she born for naija. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by porshuch: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2015
The father might not even have any hand in her death.
This reminds me of one of my aunty that went to America to give birth, after delivery and was discharged, you know how curious a mother with new baby can be a times , It was as if the new born wasn't moving her arm well, so the mother took her back to the hospital for examination, but after the examination they baby had no problem in the first place, Na so they arrested my aunty , took the baby away from her and charged her to court, the court said they won't release the kids to her, until her husband comes, Na so the hubby wey dey naija kukuma rush they go America. After every every, she was released and she won the court case, her next pregnancy no be person tell her make she born for naija. Lol. So fear this oyibos, they are to suspicious.
Re: Nigerian Man Charged With Murdering His Daughter In Canada Http:///egjd4z by j1mmy: 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
donholy28:
Came here to check his name! sneh wasn't disappointed

Indonesia set to confirm next batch of IGBO drug dealers to face firing squad!

(1) (Reply)

Viral Photo Of Fulani Herdsman In Lagos Stirs Controversy / New Born Baby Survived Fatal Accident That Killed All Passengers In Abia(pics) / Man Sentenced To Over 19 Years In Federal Prison For Defrauding Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.