Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me (1257 Views)

EFCC Seals Mansions, Plazas Acquired From Stolen Loot From Katsina State -photos / Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation / Dasuki Got Jonathan's Approvals To Collect $2.1bn From NNPC In 9 Months-TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by yhemsy62(m): 4:00am On Dec 10, 2015
Arms scam is breach of trust, says Buhari

•Oshiomhole insists on ex-minister’s trial

Former Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala yesterday confirmed that she approved the transfer of $322 million Abacha loot to former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki to prosecute the fight against Boko Haram. But she said it was a loan.

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala has been under attack, mainly from Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole for allowing expenditure without authorisation.

Through her media adviser, Paul Nwabuikwu, in a statement last night, the former minister said: “Some new Abacha funds of about $322 million were returned with another $700m still expected to be returned. Former President (Goodluck) Jonathan set up a Committee comprising the former Minister of Justice, former NSA and the former Minister of Finance to determine how best to use both the returned and expected funds for development.”

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said at the meeting, “the NSA made a case for using the returned funds for urgent security operations since, he noted, there cannot be any development without peace and security. Based on this, a decision was taken to deploy about $322m for the military operations, while the expected $700m would be applied for development programmes as originally conceived.”

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala stated that based on the urgency of the NSA’s memo, she requested former President Goodluck Jonathan “to approve the transfer of the requested amount to the NSA’s Office for the specified purposes.”

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, referring to the meeting’s memo, said she “insisted on three conditions: a. only a part, not the entire Abacha funds, would be spent on the arms; the rest would be invested in developmental projects as originally conceived b. the money was to be treated as borrowed funds which would be paid back as soon as possible and c. the NSA’s office was to account for the spending to the President who was the Commander-in-Chief, given the fact that the Minister of Finance is not part of the security architecture and does not participate in the Security Council.

“Throughout 2014, there were public complaints by the military hierarchy to President Goodluck Jonathan about the inadequacy of funds to fight the anti-terror war in the North East, resulting in Boko Haram making gains and even taking territories. A lot of the criticism was directed at the Federal Ministry of Finance under Dr Okonjo-Iweala which was accused of not doing enough to find funds for the operations.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/okonjo-iweala-dasuki-got-322m-abacha-loot-from-me/
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:04am On Dec 10, 2015
Am I the only who is tired of both okonjo iweala and oshiomhole.
Anyway, why I'm not usually thrilled with all these talks about recovered loots, is that they are recovered to be looted.

It's called the vicious cycle of looted recoveries.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by edo3(m): 4:30am On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by adioolayi(m): 5:52am On Dec 10, 2015
My question is ...was her move to spend Abacha's loot Constitutional Yes...a committee was set up and all...but was it not necessary to involve the legislative arm of government If this move is found to be unconstitutional.... Madam will face prosecution!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by opalu: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by opalu: 5:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmm. Who authorised you madam? Also how can you give a loan to fight terrorism? Can terrorism war repay it?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by yhemsy62(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2015
opalu:
Hmmmm. Who authorised you madam? Also how can you give a loan to fight terrorism? Can terrorism war repay it?
I wonder o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by phlemzy: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2015
NOI trying so hard to eliminate herself from the scandal. If only she is in Nigeria, she would have been arrested by now to come give her own explanation as the then Finance Minister.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by obi4eze(m): 7:10am On Dec 10, 2015
After they'll say that GEJ is a hero.

Well, he is their hero in corruption and cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by permsec: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2015
This Dasuki's case is gradualy becoming boring.

Let the offender(s) be sentenced to 100 years imprisonment with HARD LABOUR...... Though there should be a thorough investigation so as an innocent person doesnt go to jail because of vendetta.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by DecemberIV: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2015
So she gave ex-budgetary funds, our stolen wealth to Dasuki without appropriation or recourse to the NA a.k.a for further stealing? That is exactly how money was shared under the last administration without any sense of financial responsibility.

And a loan to fight BH? What were the terms? How much interest was paid and where's the money?

Take your defence to the judge.

#JonaMustFaceJustice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by agabusta: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2015
Imagine! And some mofos are still calling Jonathan a Hero.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by agabusta: 7:16am On Dec 10, 2015
opalu:

Loan to be repaid from where?? Let her continue running her mouth. She'll soon shoot herself in the foot.

When these revelations eventually lead to the arrest of Okonjo Iweala I just seriously hope our Brothers from the East will take it in good fate and not shout hate and mess up the entire investigation, prosecution and recovery of funds.

We can see now that Dansuki has been facing his own, in conjuction with Bafarawa and the Northerners are not giving it an ethnic colouration. In fact they are very happy sef, if PMB can make them scapegoats.

We also see how the kinsmen of Dokpesi have been quiet and silently studying his level of culpability before running their mouth in defence of the thief that cannot even pay his workers regularly.

Pls and pls, when additional revelations eventually lead to the arrest of Okonjo Iweala, do not bring any mundane sentiments into the issue. Do not bring any boring story about 'hate' into the picture. It has nothing to do with ethnicity.

All the people involved in this fraud will have their day in court. All the people spending money anyhow without the appropriation of the National Assembly.

It is very obvious now, that the economic challenges we are experiencing now, emanated from the bad leadership of Jonathan and Okonjo Iweala. These two are a big disappointment.

Oshiomole is right afterall. Despite all the abuses we heaped on him for having the courage to speak out.

GEJ is no hero, he messed this country up and every deep thinking Nigerian will be happy he was kicked out during the last election. If not, he would have totally crippled this country.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by mradjoy(m): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2015
Now the truth is gradually unfolding, Our Madam "Gele odun bi kamoowe" has confessed at last! the main reason oshiomole has been screaming on top of his voice, ah ha... Madam you threatened to sue Oshiomole na, why not go ahead and do that right away now that you have finally confessed!

Dear madam "Gele odun bi kamoowe", we trusted you with our treasury because of your so called "good antecedent" now see what you've done with our trust, sometimes holding a Phd. degree in Finance does not necessarily mean you're an expert in handling Finances.

You've worked several years in world bank, why would you send money to NSA without proper approval from the National Assembly? Common.. you're expected to know better na Madam.

I used to point to you as "a woman in power to look up to", always making you as a reference point to my wife n daughter, but you don fall my hand o big time! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by irondome: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2015
And imagine what the 60 billion naira could have done if well appropriated.

Anyone still thinks Dasuki is being witchhunted for his role in the 1984 coup?

I am quite sure GEJ himself shivers anytime he reads of the billions stollen under his watch. If only he could go back in time, am sure he would have done most things differently.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by DecemberIV: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2015
agabusta:
Imagine! And some mofos are still calling Jonathan a Hero.

Jonathan is the most evil looter in Nigerian history. Even Abacha did not steal at the cost of thousands of innocent Nigerian lives.

Join the movement to seek justice for the women and children killed, raped and kidnapped because of someone's presidential ambition.

1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by bonechamberlain(m): 7:21am On Dec 10, 2015
oshiomole should be careful of who he fights, even if the woman is privy to all corrupt practices there are better ways to show anger and aggregation not through all those hateful noisy talks.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by wasco24: 7:22am On Dec 10, 2015
grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by tunex23: 7:24am On Dec 10, 2015
Come to abuja precisely Maitama, you will see the kind of house our politicians are building with our money, houses worth billions of Naira. GEJ and all other Criminals involved may them never know peace for the rest of your life, you will have the money but your Generation won't enjoy them. QUOTE ME AND DIE THIS DECEMBER
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by otokx(m): 7:26am On Dec 10, 2015
This response is a bit lame, blind in one eye and hard of hearing.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by omenka(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2015
This Dasuki guy must be the Biggest yam eating goat that ever existed!! There is just no feast of yams that took place in the last 2 and half years in which he didn't partake!

I'm sure by now he must have resigned to fate knowing all to well there's a very narrow chance of him escaping being thrown in jail.

Thank God for Magu. Now I understand why Baba had to get rid of Lamorde.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by vedaxcool(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2015
Wow this woman is a supreme embarrassment.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by DecemberIV: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2015
omenka:
This Dasuki guy must be the Biggest yam eating goat that ever existed!! There is just no feast of yams that took place in the last 2 and half years in which he didn't partake!

I'm sure by now he must have resigned to fate knowing all to well there's a very narrow chance of him escaping being thrown in jail.

Thank God for Magu. Now I understand why Baba had to get rid of Lamorde.

No doubt. However the actual hat wearing biggest goat, the superintendent sharer of yams is still at large and must provide those yams. There is hunger in the land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by naptu2: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by carinmom(f): 7:45am On Dec 10, 2015
obi4eze:
After they'll say that GEJ is a hero.

Well, he is their hero in corruption and cluelessness.
Don't mind them jare they are as clueless as their hero.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by tunex23: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2015
vedaxcool:
Wow this woman is a supreme embarrassment.
may the blood of the innocent lives that have been lost due to all this corruption visit their Generation

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by mradjoy(m): 8:10am On Dec 10, 2015
tunex23:
may the blood of the innocent lives that have been lost due to all this corruption visit their Generation
Big Amen!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by vedaxcool(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2015
tunex23:

Big Amen to that.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by yhemsy62(m): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2015
tunex23:
Aaameeen
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2015
This frog eyed okonjo and that dark ugly entity called both have family problems they needed to settle at the okija shrine.

That dark short devil is like a parrot!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Franca Aide, National Coordinator Of GUTS / Photos From The Petrol Station Fire Outbreak In Asaba / Gov. Dickson To Buhari: Stop Your Political Conquest !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.