Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Flowers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flowers (668 Views)

I Got Flowers Today / Flowers ( Like To Help Win) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flowers by Divepen1(m): 7:07am On Dec 10, 2015
Flowers
By Akintayo Akinjide

Paula smiled at the stupidity of her Aunt and moved away to the other part of the parlour. She just wanted to escape before the fair, overripe looking rich guy started making other advances towards her. She had held her tongue the other time. If he did any foolish thing, she would spill her thoughts- which are terrible.
' Paula', her sister said, making her turn hurriedly. She looked at her 15 years old tall, slim, and dark sister.
' Yes...'
' Bro. Biyi is outside'.
' Oh...' She said and a big smile laced her face. Now she could leave that pompous fool alone, and her never contented Aunt.
' Paula, will you now leave him here...'
' Aunty...Please don't let me-' she said, hissed and stormed outside, banging the door behind her.
Her long dark hair flowed behind her, as she ran down the stairs, her body heaved with happiness, her pink straight-gown sticking to her body.
' Biyi...Biyi...'
' Hmm', Biyi said. He rested against his black Toyota camry.
' Whoa...' She shouted as she got to the last step. Not minding, the drainage in front of her, she jumped over him and in her happiness, she didn't see the smug look on his face.
' You look so happy to see me'.
' Yes ooo... Aunty Kenny wants me to start a relationship with Daddy's friend's son. And it seem they've all planned it. They were like, 'you are growning old' that I'm a flower. What's their concern ah?'
' Good', Biyi said in low tone.
' Good?'
' I wasn't talking about that... See-' Biyi said and stood straight, and she looked up at him. He was six feet tall, about 0.5 taller than she. His trimmed beard made her heart lurch even as his hand went to her cheek.
' I think we've got to break up'.
Everything went silent. Paula stared at him, and widened her eyes. Her hearing and the other senses focused on Biyi.
' What...Why...What did I do wrong?'
' It's not you... It's not you. It's just that...' He hissed, released her face and turned around. ' I just can't stand you being my girlfriend anymore'.
Her eyes suddenly had the feeling of sand in them. Her heartbeat suddenly began to increase tempo and her body, hotter than before even though the harmattan of December had appeared and was supposed to make everywhere looked like an ice room.
' What did I do?' She said, tears flowed down her eyes. She moved forward. She held his cloth. And held her breathe.
' It's not what you've done...' He said turning,' it's what you've not done. I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore.
He went down on his knee. Her mouth remained opened. Her face was transfixed. Not on his face, not on his kneeling position. Rather, her eyes were fixed on his hand, it contained a case and in it was a ring.
' Will you break up with me as a girlfriend and be my wife?'
The jewel on the ring shone. And she nodded. She nodded again. And she nodded severally. 'Yes...Yes...You idiot...Yes...'
She said repeatedly as she went to hug him, tears pouring down her eyes.
Re: Flowers by Akposb(m): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
Pleasant surprise and a fine story. Sir, there are some errors like 'tears flowing down her eyes rather than face.

(1) (Reply)

My Life / (episode 11)my Wedding Night / Ebook Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.