Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669455 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by omhor(f): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
Issorai
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by feelgoodInc: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
deekseen:
Niger Delta ke!

In fact Seun, I don't understand you sometimes. What has Niger Delta got to do with this struggle?

The fact that a peaceful demonstration was done in Port Harcourt doesn't mean Niger Delta is joining Biafra if it becomes a reality.

Have you heard from any Niger Deltan leader? Imo and Abia are the only Eastern states under Niger Delta. Ondo is part of Niger Delta too, will they also move if Biafra becomes a reality?

Let the FG decide the fate of Biafra and stop trying to muffle the Biafran voice.

Sometimes I don't know who advises you. That was how in 2008 you closed down many legitimate businesses here because Larry Izamoje said something.
during the riots in the north you feel say aboki go ask you whether you be Niger Delta or igbo?
if you can answer this question properly I'll quit nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by abbeyty(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2017
So you now called asking for self determination an illegal act ? I have read a lot of comments made by some Scottish nationals who want to separate from British on BBC website those comments were not refereed to as illegal comments. you guys need to wake up there is nothing illegal about their request

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).

This makes no sense, trying to control the freedom to information and self-determination.
Simply create a section for all such talks on secession.
The way things are going, it's not just the Igbos and the Niger Deltans who are interested in leaving Nigeria. Many other groups of people are.

The mainstream news is filled with talks on secession and separation, and this platform is going to miss out on all that if you guys keep muzzling anyone freely experiencing himself.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
The irony of the Biafra Agitation.

You want Biafra. They chase you out of Nigeria. Instead of siezing the opportunity to go back home enmass, you say you are not going anywhere. I expect great jubilation and joyous celebrations. I expect mass movement. I expect the Ghana Must Go scene which I witnessed. Truck loads of Ghanaians, moving out. With Jute bags which became nicknamed "Ghana-Must-Go" bag.

If you want Biafra all you need do is go back to the East enmass. Refuse to trade with Nigeria. Refuse to have anything to do with Nigeria. When you are going back, no policeman or soldier will say "why are you travelling"? Freedom of movement to your states of origin is a fundamental Human Right. In my opinion. No one is holding you back but yourselves.

It doesn't even matter if a few of your elders are in the service of Nigeria as appointees etc. Ignore them. Build your Biafra, when it is as rossy as you claim it will be, they will have no choice but to go back to their dear Biafra.

So for all intents and purposes, this is the opportunity you have been praying for. Leave the North. Go back home. Build your utopia. Boycott everything Nigerian.
Biafra is being given to you on a platter of gold. Your leaders are saying they are not going anywhere and daring the North to attack them. Be united in purpose and be ready to go through the "pain" and "surgery" of achieving a good and perfect Biafra. This pain will involve leaving your businesses, property, etc. But it is for a good cause. Child bearing comes with some pain. The birthing of Biafra will not come without sacrifices.

Nnamdi Kanu says Nigeria will beg Biafra to go. The North has told you to go. So take the opputunity to do so. If Nigeria does not let you leave you will blame all your troubles on Nigeria. It is for this reason alone, that I support Biafra. Everyone needs the opportunity to take the chance and go the distance. So sieze the chance. You have been given till October. The distance between the major parts of the North and the East is generally less than 24 hours by road. I should expect a great jubilation when the North asked you to vacate without a gun shot. I expect a great exodus. Your leaders should come together and choose a course of action.

If you understand strategy you should take this golden opportunity. Pharaoh as asked the Jews to leave Egypt. What are the Jews still waiting for? They now refuse to go to the promised land. There is no red sea in this story. The promised land is known and available. No need for scouts and no need to traverse the deserts. Again I am expecting a great exodus. A huge one. When citizens of another country are not wanted anymore they are expelled. You are Biafrans and Nigeria has expelled you. So go back to your Biafra and gladly do so.

If this opportunity is not taken, then the Biafra matter is just that of a people trying to constitute a nuisance, disunited in purpose and annoyingly empty in character. Biafra has come, take it and stop the indecision. Stop worrying about what you will loose. These are necessary. South Sudan lost a lot after the referendum including the rights to pump it's oil through pipelines that go through Sudan to the export terminals. They had to negotiate the fees/cost of pumping South Sudan's Oil.The South Sudanese did not bother about their property in Khartoum. Theirs was even worse. They were never told to go, the way the North has peacefully ordered Biafrans to do. This is a once in a life time opputunity. Take it.

Do not start wondering what will happen to your investments. To your market of about 150 million Nigerians. Your perhaps about 40-60 million Biafrans are available (we do not know your true population figures). Trade with them and find new international trade partners. Do not start bothering about what will become of Lekki, or Festac, or Ikeja, or Ikorodu, or Abuja or other areas you "developed". In my opinion, only a foolish man develops another man's land and leaves his own and then he even boasts about this to the world about this great mistake and miscalculation. It is when you have developed yours to your satisfaction that you then extend your good developmental gestures to other "less fortunate people".

Unite in purpose. Buhari is not even in the country. Osinbanjo is more reasonable. Take the chance. Move ensmass. Exodus out of all parts of Nigeria. Move back home. Organize yourselves. Ignore everything in Nigeria. This opportunity will never come again. You are putting your hope in ICJ and UN etc. Time and time again, these organizations have stood by and watched endless maacascre of innocent civilians. Syria, South Sudan etc. Even the Nigeria/Biafra Civil War.

You claim you have all the businesses. You can cripple Nigeria. Nigeria is a zoo. Your footballers are the best. Your women are the best. You are the most industrous. You are the most brilliant. You are the most hard working. You are the most advanced. Your exodus alone should then help you win this agitation. So, cripple Nigeria by leaving. Destroy Nigeria by removing all your services. Obliterate Nigeria by withdrawing your elite. Stall Nigeria's evolution of her human gene pool by taking back your pretty light complexioned igbo girls. In fact go back home and lock your shops again. This time, lock them for good. It has come to you easier than you imagined. The next time you are coming to Nigeria, do so with the ECOWAS Passport or a Biafran passport. Pay the Nigerian Visa Fees and go through the process. Refuse to enter Nigeria with a Visa. Yes, if Nigerians say come in, you say "no,that will be illegal since I am an allien. Could you please grant me papers"? If they refuse you go back to Biafra.

The struggle has moved from opening fake propaganda online and lying about how Asari supplies weapons and how Donald Trump warned Buhari. It is this same lies and fake propaganda that contributed to the loss of the Civil War. People hardly knew the facts from fiction and leaders couldn't make rational and calculated decisions. The struggle is now beyond propaganda my dear Biafrans. It has come and stares you in the face. It is real now and no more mere rantings on the internet and other forms/means of mass media and mass communication. Take it the opportunity. It has materialized. As it stands you cannot be in diaspora and invent Biafra, when the countries you are in DO NOT WANT YOU ANYMORE AND HAVE KIDNLY ASKED YOU TO GO BACK HOME. Don't make the stupid claim of "can't we stay in your country,insult you, fight you, trade with you, make money from your system and have our own Biafra"? The answer Nigeria has given is a resounding "NO"!

BIAFRA HAS COME. TAKE IT!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Francrux(m): 1:26am On Jun 12, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

You want Biafra. They chase you out of Nigeria. Instead of siezing the opportunity to go back home enmass, you say you are not going anywhere. I expect great jubilation and joyous celebrations. I expect mass movement. I expect the Ghana Must Go scene which I witnessed. Truck loads of Ghanaians, moving out. With Jute bags which became nicknamed "Ghana-Must-Go" bag.

If you want Biafra all you need do is go back to the East enmass. Refuse to trade with Nigeria. Refuse to have anything to do with Nigeria. When you are going back, no policeman or soldier will say "why are you travelling"? Freedom of movement to your states of origin is a fundamental Human Right. In my opinion. No one is holding you back but yourselves.

It doesn't even matter if a few of your elders are in the service of Nigeria as appointees etc. Ignore them. Build your Biafra, when it is as rossy as you claim it will be, they will have no choice but to go back to their dear Biafra.

So for all intents and purposes, this is the opportunity you have been praying for. Leave the North. Go back home. Build your utopia. Boycott everything Nigerian.
Biafra is being given to you on a platter of gold. Your leaders are saying they are not going anywhere and daring the North to attack them. Be united in purpose and be ready to go through the "pain" and "surgery" of achieving a good and perfect Biafra. This pain will involve leaving your businesses, property, etc. But it is for a good cause. Child bearing comes with some pain. The birthing of Biafra will not come without sacrifices.

Nnamdi Kanu says Nigeria will beg Biafra to go. The North has told you to go. So take the opputunity to do so. If Nigeria does not let you leave you will blame all your troubles on Nigeria. It is for this reason alone, that I support Biafra. Everyone needs the opportunity to take the chance and go the distance. So sieze the chance. You have been given till October. The distance between the major parts of the North and the East is generally less than 24 hours by road. I should expect a great jubilation when the North asked you to vacate without a gun shot. I expect a great exodus. Your leaders should come together and choose a course of action.

If you understand strategy you should take this golden opportunity. Pharaoh as asked the Jews to leave Egypt. What are the Jews still waiting for? They now refuse to go to the promised land. There is no red sea in this story. The promised land is known and available. No need for scouts and no need to traverse the deserts. Again I am expecting a great exodus. A huge one. When citizens of another country are not wanted anymore they are expelled. You are Biafrans and Nigeria has expelled you. So go back to your Biafra and gladly do so.

If this opportunity is not taken, then the Biafra matter is just that of a people trying to constitute a nuisance, disunited in purpose and annoyingly empty in character. Biafra has come, take it and stop the indecision. Stop worrying about what you will loose. These are necessary. South Sudan lost a lot after the referendum including the rights to pump it's oil through pipelines that go through Sudan to the export terminals. They had to negotiate the fees/cost of pumping South Sudan's Oil.The South Sudanese did not bother about their property in Khartoum. Theirs was even worse. They were never told to go, the way the North has peacefully ordered Biafrans to do. This is a once in a life time opputunity. Take it.

Do not start wondering what will happen to your investments. To your market of about 150 million Nigerians. Your perhaps about 40-60 million Biafrans are available (we do not know your true population figures). Trade with them and find new international trade partners. Do not start bothering about what will become of Lekki, or Festac, or Ikeja, or Ikorodu, or Abuja or other areas you "developed". In my opinion, only a foolish man develops another man's land and leaves his own and then he even boasts about this to the world about this great mistake and miscalculation. It is when you have developed yours to your satisfaction that you then extend your good developmental gestures to other "less fortunate people".

Unite in purpose. Buhari is not even in the country. Osinbanjo is more reasonable. Take the chance. Move ensmass. Exodus out of all parts of Nigeria. Move back home. Organize yourselves. Ignore everything in Nigeria. This opportunity will never come again. You are putting your hope in ICJ and UN etc. Time and time again, these organizations have stood by and watched endless maacascre of innocent civilians. Syria, South Sudan etc. Even the Nigeria/Biafra Civil War.

You claim you have all the businesses. You can cripple Nigeria. Nigeria is a zoo. Your footballers are the best. Your women are the best. You are the most industrous. You are the most brilliant. You are the most hard working. You are the most advanced. Your exodus alone should then help you win this agitation. So, cripple Nigeria by leaving. Destroy Nigeria by removing all your services. Obliterate Nigeria by withdrawing your elite. Stall Nigeria's evolution of her human gene pool by taking back your pretty light complexioned igbo girls. In fact go back home and lock your shops again. This time, lock them for good. It has come to you easier than you imagined. The next time you are coming to Nigeria, do so with the ECOWAS Passport or a Biafran passport. Pay the Nigerian Visa Fees and go through the process. Refuse to enter Nigeria with a Visa. Yes, if Nigerians say come in, you say "no,that will be illegal since I am an allien. Could you please grant me papers"? If they refuse you go back to Biafra.

The struggle has moved from opening fake propaganda online and lying about how Asari supplies weapons and how Donald Trump warned Buhari. It is this same lies and fake propaganda that contributed to the loss of the Civil War. People hardly knew the facts from fiction and leaders couldn't make rational and calculated decisions. The struggle is now beyond propaganda my dear Biafrans. It has come and stares you in the face. It is real now and no more mere rantings on the internet and other forms/means of mass media and mass communication. Take it the opportunity. It has materialized. As it stands you cannot be in diaspora and invent Biafra, when the countries you are in DO NOT WANT YOU ANYMORE AND HAVE KIDNLY ASKED YOU TO GO BACK HOME. Don't make the stupid claim of "can't we stay in your country,insult you, fight you, trade with you, make money from your system and have our own Biafra"? The answer Nigeria has given is a resounding "NO"!

I stand with you
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by excanny: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

I think they want an official referendum.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Masacado88(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Better Late Than Never!

I hope to see all threads on this Biafra nonesence , dumped on the Ethnic and secessionist Section, from now on.
bizme:

This makes no sense, trying to control the freedom to information and self-determination.
Simply create a section for all such talks on secession.
The way things are going, it's not just the Igbos and the Niger Deltans who are interested in leaving Nigeria. Many other groups of people are.

The mainstream news is filled with talks on secession and separation, and this platform is going to miss out on all that if you guys keep muzzling anyone freely experiencing himself.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Masacado88(m): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2017
Hmmm.......Here we go again
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by AromePeter(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
[b]I realized that all the comments here never takes cognizance of other ethnic groups... Can you see now that even you is guilty of the marginalization. What about the other ethnic groups? You and people who think like you is the reason why Nigeria is still undervedeveloped.

#MYOPIC THINKING AT ITS CORE

Obama, a black man and a major minority won an election in the United States. Yet we have people with the same color, that can't even tolerate and stand each other. I mean think about it. The leaders have propagated this since time immemorial to win election and to constantly loot the and swindle the people of their birthright.

Now we have a generation of so called educated and internet savvy youths still riding on this wave of ignorance. That is deplorable. Check your education sir/ma. It's just an evidence of a product of our dis-functional socialization system. I mean religion, schools, peer group etc.

How long can we keep living like this? Things has to change or else the next generation will not even be able to sleep with their eyes closed.

Let's take all this agitation to our leaders in our constituentcies, the change starts from the constitution. It's archaic and needs to be reformed and restructured to reflects equal opportunities.

#No more state of origin
#No more quota system
#No more religion on certificates & I believe in God. But I don't need to worry you about it

All this are some of the issues that needs urgent attention!
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by kikake: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2017
AromePeter:

#MYOPIC THINKING AT ITS CO
#No more state of origin
#No more quota system
#No more religion on certificates & I believe in God. But I don't need to worry you about it

All this are some of the issues that needs urgent attention!

It's being more myopic than others to believe that northern Nigeria can sign onto changing the constitution to eliminate quota system, state of origin and religious issues from the constitution, so long as crude oil flows in the Niger delta region.

Northern soldiers created a political structure that favours only north, they supervised a 1999 constitution that legitimized the fraudulent political structure.

From the myriad number of states and local government areas in the north, more of Nigeria's revenues derived mainly from the south goes to the north at the disadvantage of development of the south.

North also derives undue political over-representation from the states. Fulani-controlled north uses the political over-representation to largely decide what can be in Nigeria or cannot be.
Worse, the self-acclaimed most educationally disadvantaged northern region of Nigeria largely decides who must lead Nigeria.

Result: Nigeria FAILED.
It's no longer possible to restructure Nigeria politically for equity if restructuring members are equally drawn from each of the thirty-six states.

Nigerian groups, especially from the Old east and Delta state start to look for escape into new countries of Biafra and Niger delta Republics.

Any sane Nigerian would go for a REFERENDUM in Biafra and Niger delta areas. No country was created to remain indivisible.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by andy511(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Blaqqprince(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
some are here claiming one Nigeria yet in reality the country isnt one. keep on deceiving yourselves. the best option for us now to implement the confab report, period.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by sainty2k3(m): 3:04am On Jun 20, 2017
Let me settle the scores

THREAD CLOSE!!!
Oya carry your vexing go another thread
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by imsuboi(m): 5:25am On Jun 23, 2017
hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.