Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? (2114 Views)

Lawmaker Kills Dog With His Martial Arts Skills After Attacking Him. Photos / Meet The Australia Woman Who Keeps 5 Crocodiles As Pets In Her Home(Photos) / Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by kotias003: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need help/ answers to why my husbands' Rottweiler keeps attacking me and solutions to this huge problem as my movement around the house is really restricted.

He got the dog as a puppy about 2 years ago, we were courting then and I always visited the house. So I never really was threatened by the dog until one evening it grab my knees, fortunately hubby was beside me so situation was curbed.

And then I grew weary of the dog.

Fastforward to now, we've been married for 3 months, I feed the dog sometimes i.e open its cage so it comes out to eat, I throw bones at it. So naturally I feel relaxed, yet, twice again it has attacked me.

Please any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Please how do I work this out?

Thank you.
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by leksmedia: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
First of all from the way you typed here, truth is you don't like the dog. If you do, you will say our dog attacked me. Dogs are not evil, you must have done something, and the dog sees you as a threat.
First start by liking the dog, then proceed to making the dog cool with you.
Don't act scared , dogs can smell fear from 1000 kilometers.
Never do anything that will make the dog wanna attack you.

11 Likes

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by dammytosh: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
the dog is jealous.

you need to make the dog feel at home.

2 Likes

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by MISSNORA(f): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Get him a biitch
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by FuckTheMod: 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kill the fûcking dog before it kills you.

Give am snipper to drink
Thank me later
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by younghartz(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
My husband rottie or our rottie? Which one? If na car na you go say our car........
Try to make a lovely bond btw you 2

2 Likes

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by kotias003: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
leksmedia:
First of all from the way you typed here, truth is you don't like the dog. If you do, you will say our dog attacked me. Dogs are not evil, you must have done something, and the dog sees you as a threat.
First start by liking the dog, then proceed to making the dog cool with you.
Don't act scared , dogs can smell fear from 1000 kilometers.
Never do anything that will make the dog wanna attack you.

That's some quick conclusion.

I might not be a dog person but I love dogs (and cats).
Growing up we always had pets. And I was drawn to Zucker as a puppy up till before the attack. Would you blame me for having huge reservations after I have been attacked over and over, for things as simple as drying cloths out on the line.

When Bella, the bull masstif died I literarily felt a hole in my chest, and yet I refered to her as "his dog".

You should consider that Im newly married and not used to the collective pronoun yet.

Please any suggestions as to what I might have done that make me a threat?
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by blasiangurl85(f): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
I always say the easiest way to make a dog your best friend is through food. It's worked for me all the time. Try feeding it more often. If possible you should be the only one feeding the dog. After a while you'll see the dog will start to look forward to your visits knowing that you are bringing food. And try to spend time with him. Not playing. Just in its presence. Even if you don't become best of friends he will definitely see you in a positive way.

2 Likes

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by barcaboi(m): 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
He's smelt the fear on u......u have 2 be confident
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by knyte(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
Really good advices have bin given but I'll just add my quota.
When feeding it dint throw food at it, instead with ur husband's supervision place d food on ur palm and make him eat from it, if u too scared u can place dem bside u if its kibble.
If u av a compound a lot of bond can b shared via walking ur dog,walk him within the compound befre u think of doing it urself and in doing so do not pull on d leash(with ur husband's supervisor too)
Rotties are as nice as they can be deadly so pls try and form a bond with him now befre u start avin babies and u guys wld b forced to give him out or put him down.
We would love to hear updates frm u, embrace every challenge. Congrats on ur marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by Ladybfoods: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2015
It will only take time before the dog gets used to you
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by arcbay(m): 3:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Build a bond with him, he's probably sensed ur intentions too. Build a chemistry with him and u guys will be inseparable.

Create an impression on him that makes him think he's loved. Regular feeding, regular walks, guaranteed playtime, etc

You might think this is weird but try it too, always talk to him, commune with him like he's human, like he understands. Dogs love attention and they tend to get closer to people who communicate with them.

And to burst ur bubble, they can actually hear us, they might not understand the words but they sense intentions...
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by leksmedia: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2015
Kotias003 well also u have to be sure whether the guy is actually attacking you or playing with you. And also you have to build confidence to stay with the dog , your husbands help will be needed here

1 Like

Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by ezeifeanyi2003: 4:29am On Dec 16, 2015
I have never kept dog in my life but see the need to do so after some thieves scaled my fence and vandalised my car. Pls House do u thiink I can successfully keep one cos am afraid of dogs? Can I start with German Shepherds? Ty all.
Re: My Husbands' Rottweiler Keeps Attacking Me, What Can I Do? by kotias003: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
knyte:
Really good advices have bin given but I'll just add my quota.
When feeding it dint throw food at it, instead with ur husband's supervision place d food on ur palm and make him eat from it, if u too scared u can place dem bside u if its kibble.
If u av a compound a lot of bond can b shared via walking ur dog,walk him within the compound befre u think of doing it urself and in doing so do not pull on d leash(with ur husband's supervisor too)
Rotties are as nice as they can be deadly so pls try and form a bond with him now befre u start avin babies and u guys wld b forced to give him out or put him down.
We would love to hear updates frm u, embrace every challenge. Congrats on ur marriage

I'd sure remember to give updates. Thanks a million!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Female Slant Back German Shepherd Pup For Sale / 4 Footballers Who Own Big Monster Dogs / Semi Adult Pitbull For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.