Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,683 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Won - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Won (5380 Views)

A Friend Won Dv Lottery 2015-pls Help / Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won / I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Won by amirize(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2009
Thanks
Re: Won by NVME1: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2009
@poster
Am sure you dont want to forfeit this opportunity mate, u have to go alone 1st then later file for reunion with your wife. It would have been possible only if u had categorically stated it that you were married when filling your application for the lottery.
Goodluck mate

If i may ask, when and how were u notified about it.
Re: Won by debo9210: 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hi there, Congratulations on the visa lottery you won. Its possible you travel with your fiancee, irrespective of your initial status when you first applied for the lottery. I can guide you on the know how to do such cos I have actualy done if for succesful winners in the past. You can contact me via this email { debo_9210@yahoo.com } for further details.
Cheers
Re: Won by issuehelp: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
you can as well but i need to know if you have received your interview letter,there are experts could do that if you care to know,but be warned a single misake in your form could cause a denial.congrats.
Re: Won by No2Atheism(m): 2:30am On Jun 06, 2009
Goodbye on ur way to contribute to the ever greedy pocket of the private US tax collector popularly known as the IRS.
Re: Won by Omonla(f): 2:35am On Jun 06, 2009
amirize:

Please I need advice, I won the american visa lottery and will be relocating to U.S this year ending
by God's grace. I fell in love with a girl and we are planning to get married soon.
Is it possible for me to relocate with her when I'm leaving?
Will they grant her Visa?
Do I need to re-apply for the embassy to know I'm now married and no longer single?

What do I really need to do to travel with her?

Sony

Sony, you don't need an 'expert' to assist you after winning the U.S. lottery. Clearly, you do not require an interpreter during your interview, because your English is great in your post here. As well, you sound educated and intelligent enough to respond to any questions that the immigration officer may ask you during the interview, so don't let any  self-proclaimed 'expert' on Nairaland or elsewhere, undermine/belittle your ability to be able to have a successful meeting with US immigration.

On your question, you need to get to the U.S. and 'adjust' your status to  a permanent resident after you have landed with your visa. Then, you can sponsor your wife. Please note that it may take a while for an 'immigrant visa number' to become available for your wife, so she will not be able to join you until the visa is available. In other words, if there is a long line-up of Nigerians applying for immigrant visas at the same time that you apply to sponsor your wife, you will have to wait for your turn in the line before your wife's visa number can be obtained. She can't join you until the visa becomes available.
Re: Won by Ikem44(m): 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
O boi! U dey F(Bleep up) infat,u be mumu.hw u wnt tek cos of a grl 2 denied wetin God gv u,na persn lyk u white grls go catch n usles ur lyf easy, guy,mek u kwukwuma, Live dat okpeke n find ur futur b4 luv go lenda u usles, dnt post dis kind of useles topic here again, gud luck
Re: Won by ufot(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2009
Ole boy make you save yourself first and then anyone else, even your family. A word is good for the wise!!!!
Re: Won by johnkent(m): 1:48am On Jul 07, 2009
Omonla:

Sony, you don't need an 'expert' to assist you after winning the U.S. lottery. Clearly, you do not require an interpreter during your interview, because your English is great in your post here. As well, you sound educated and intelligent enough to respond to any questions that the immigration officer may ask you during the interview, so don't let any self-proclaimed 'expert' on Nairaland or elsewhere, undermine/belittle your ability to be able to have a successful meeting with US immigration.

On your question, you need to get to the U.S. and 'adjust' your status to a permanent resident after you have landed with your visa. Then, you can sponsor your wife. Please note that it may take a while for an 'immigrant visa number' to become available for your wife, so she will not be able to join you until the visa is available. In other words, if there is a long line-up of Nigerians applying for immigrant visas at the same time that you apply to sponsor your wife, you will have to wait for your turn in the line before your wife's visa number can be obtained. She can't join you until the visa becomes available.

He doesnt need to adjust any status in the US when he gets there. The visa issued at the US embassy in Lagos is an immigrant visa. He would be arriving in the states as a permanent resident within 6 months from the issuance of the visa. When he arrives the US, he'll have to go through new immigrants line as he would have to do a few paperwork; After that, he should be getting his 10 yrs permanent resident card in about 3 wks.
On the question about ur girlfriend getting a visa with ya, yes she can if the both of u are married and the visa as not been issued to you by the US embassy yet but pay very close attention to what i have to say
1. If you guys are married and u still havent had an interview yet, contact KCC and fill out another form like the one u returned to KCC including your wife in it with a copy of your marriage certificate.
2. The problem that most nigerians have with this is that the embassy in nigeria always think that people who get married after they have won DV lottery are getting married for immigration purposes. The proof will be on ya to show that the marriage was for real and that u are not trying to smuggle an immigrant (your fake wife according to the consular officer) to the US and if you cant prove this, there's a 99% chance of you not getting the visa.
3.If you guys are successful in proving that the marriage is for real, then the both of you will be getting the immigrant visa.
4. if you dont want to risk losing the Immigrant visa because u got married after winning the lottery, I would suggest that u apply for an immigrant visa for your wife when u get to the US although the waiting period for the visa to be issued is about 5 yrs because spouses and children of permanent residents do not have a visa readily available for them. But as soon as you become a US citizen (4 yrs and 9 months after becoming a permanent resident, u can apply for citizenship), then u can call USCIS and upgrade ur visa application for your wife cuz spouses of US citizens have immigrant visas available for them immidiately. And if u have any kids in Nigeria by then, they will also be getting the greencard and your kids if less than 18 yrs old, will automatically be US citizens as soon as they step foot on US Soil. Sorry, ur wife will have to wait 5 yrs for citizenship.

its totally up to u as to wat route u want to take. goodluck. U can e-mail me on kenmartins86@gmail.com
Re: Won by tunnytox(m): 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
Honestly, I think the US immigration rules are very backward, how can they insist that one's partner should queue for 5years to join her spouse! that is wickedness. In the UK and other EU countries you will join your spouse in few months especially if you have a permanent residency. Honestly USA need immigration reforms their present immigration laws is obsolete for this new age, only few weeks ago they were being forced to reverse a very discriminative law that prevents HIV carrier form visiting the US. 5 years!!! na wa o
Re: Won by johnkent(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
tunnytox:

Honestly, I think the US immigration rules are very backward, how can they insist that one's partner should queue for 5years to join her spouse! that is wickedness. In the UK and other EU countries you will join your spouse in few months especially if you have a permanent residency. Honestly USA need immigration reforms their present immigration laws is obsolete for this new age, only few weeks ago they were being forced to reverse a very discriminative law that prevents HIV carrier form visiting the US. 5 years!!! na wa o
Thats America for ya. The population is growing rapidly and i guess thats a way to kinda slow it down. Also a way for the white man to keep folks from third world countries outta here
Re: Won by Omonla(f): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
johnkent:

He doesnt need to adjust any status in the US when he gets there. The visa issued at the US embassy in Lagos is an immigrant visa. He would be arriving in the states as a permanent resident within 6 months from the issuance of the visa. When he arrives the US, he'll have to go through new immigrants line as he would have to do a few paperwork; After that, he should be getting his 10 yrs permanent resident card in about 3 wks.

I stand corrected.

So what is that process called again in which he would need to fill out some paperwork as soon  as he arrives in the U.S.?

johnkent:

4. if you dont want to risk losing the Immigrant visa because u got married after winning the lottery, I would suggest that u apply for an immigrant visa for your wife when u get to the US although the waiting period for the visa to be issued is about 5 yrs because spouses and children of permanent residents do not have a visa readily available for them.

Omonla:

On your question, you need to get to the U.S. and 'adjust' your status to  a permanent resident after you have landed with your visa. Then, you can sponsor your wife. Please note that it may take a while for an 'immigrant visa number' to become available for your wife, so she will not be able to join you until the visa is available. In other words, if there is a long line-up of Nigerians applying for immigrant visas at the same time that you apply to sponsor your wife, you will have to wait for your turn in the line before your wife's visa number can be obtained. She can't join you until the visa becomes available.

He would have to wait till his sponsorship application  is "current" i.e. USCIS begins to process applications for folks that applied during the period that he did.

@John Kent, just wondering, ("busybody" intended), are you a U.S. immigration lawyer perchance?
Re: Won by johnkent(m): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2009
Omonla:

I stand corrected.

So what is that process called again in which he would need to fill out some paperwork as soon as he arrives in the U.S.?

He would have to wait till his sponsorship application is "current" i.e. USCIS begins to process applications for folks that applied during the period that he did.

@John Kent, just wondering, ("busybody" intended), are you a U.S. immigration lawyer perchance?

It doesnt have a name. It just means that he would go through secondary inspection as a new immigrant so that fingerprints and other personal info will be collected to that his new permanent resident card will be mailed to him to the right address.
Am not a US immigration attorney but i've been in the immigration business fo a long time.
Re: Won by easylife(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
Bros congratulation,
Ples i need your help becos i have checked also online and i was selected,but i have not recive my letter yet,ples which courier service use to send ur letter,although the information on the result from online stated the by 1st of august i i did not recive the letter i should contact KCC and a mail address was given.
ples help.
Thank you.
Re: Won by johnkent(m): 3:44am On Jul 14, 2009
easylife:

Bros congratulation,
Ples i need your help becos i have checked also online and i was selected,but i have not recive my letter yet,ples which courier service use to send ur letter,although the information on the result from online stated the by 1st of august i i did not recive the letter i should contact KCC and a mail address was given.
ples help.
Thank you.
The website told ya exactly what o do. if u dont get a letter from KCC by August 1st, give them a call.
KCC usually send out the notificartions thru regular mail service and u know how reliable the nigerian postal service is. haha.
Goodluck.
Re: Won by inelec1985: 12:35am On Jul 12, 2013
Hello ALL, how are you?
well, I am Algerian I have been selected in DV lottery for the farther process , but in the last time i found that i need sponsor for finish all my application, some people live there asked a huge sum of money for sponsor me, but really have no enough money, is someone can help me with thes, please I am waiting ur replay.
is my email contact.

bye
Re: Won by euromoney(f): 1:02am On Jul 12, 2013
inelec1985: Hello ALL, how are you?
well, I am Algerian I have been selected in DV lottery for the farther process , but in the last time i found that i need sponsor for finish all my application, some people live there asked a huge sum of money for sponsor me, but really have no enough money, is someone can help me with thes, please I am waiting ur replay.
is my email contact.

bye
Don't understand what you really want ,but you can click on the links below to post your questions so that the guru's there can guide you accordingly.cheers!
https://www.nairaland.com/1275397/dv-2014-winners-meet-here

https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here

(1)

Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying. / My Amazement About Denmark / Blacks Banished From Italian City (Rosarno)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.