Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won (2750 Views)

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by chidimarc(m): 12:37am On Feb 23, 2011
hi nairalanders, just checked my mail and saw a msg supposedly from the us. Informing me that i won the visa whatever, though i remember filling an online form, i am not sure am equipped to leave my country neither am i desperate. But one thing i need to know from you brethren is if it is real and your take on it. Thank you
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by tigerpaws(f): 12:45am On Feb 23, 2011
chidi-marc:

hi nairalanders, just checked my mail and saw a msg supposedly from the us. Informing me that i won the visa whatever, though i remember filling an online form, i am not sure am equipped to leave my country neither am i desperate. But one thing i need to know from you brethren is if it is real and your take on it. Thank you

Congrats!  grin 

FYI https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-609117.0.html

which email sent the notification to you?

usvisalottery@yahoo.com?
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by hasonjack: 1:18am On Feb 23, 2011
They dont, as a policy, inform winners by email.
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
i receive an email that i won usa dv lottery,pls i want to know if it is genuine.the msg was sent to me from usagov.states@usa.com
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by tigerpaws(f): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
Jumybecks:

i receive an email that i won usa dv lottery,pls i want to know if it is genuine.the msg was sent to me from usagov.states@usa.com

usa.com LMAO grin grin

USA.com is a free webmail address Like Yahoo.com, Hotmail.com

It's a Scam!
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by bbwollex(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
I also apply for the lottery but what amused me was that this type of message the poster posted was exactly what was on my message, i dont know the real message differ frm the scammer.
How can someone differ real message of the lottery from the scammer?
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by switchmax8: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
jummybecs,
it is a scam beware dvlottery does send email using usagov.states@usa.com their real website is state.gov or dvlottery.state.gov dont ever respond to their email they will ask you to send money to them
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by fennels007(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2011
i received the same mail, asking me to send send $880 through western money to process the visa, and that the last date is 8th march.
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by switchmax8: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
pls and pls nobody should respond to such email anyone that wins will always receive a letter from the organisation with a confirmation number that you can confirm on their site
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by samtoye(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Thank you switchmax8, as i said in an earlier post, DV lottery do send mail but they wont ask you to pay anything via mail or western Union. A friend won and they sent him a mail, i thought it was scam but later they sent him all other documentary hardcopies. You would have gone a bit far in the application before they ask you for Visa Processing Fee. Be wise!
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by naomibaby(f): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
hello marc

As a matter of fact, like other house memebers have stated the email that was sent you is a fake!!!! you ask how you'll know this? well if only you're a bit attentive to details as the dvlottery websites notifies all applicant in this year application form that result will not be sent through regular mail or email.
Thats why we're given an identification code once u submit an online application, so its with this code that u'll check your result yourself online come May on their website to see if you're selected.,
So house memebers kindly take note and inform your friends and family and colleques, lets make it hard for the scammer and the corn-artist to dupe pple thru this.

Thanks
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by novakane(m): 3:10am On Mar 12, 2011
got xactly dsame mail, hmm! Smh
Re: Us Diversity Visa Lottery: They Said I Won by tanyaneeds(f): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2011
thats true,besides why not try schooling or working visa

(1) (Reply)

How Is Mexico These Days? I Am Going There. / Ihs Fee / Antigua And Barbuda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.