Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet (24013 Views)

Buhari's "Emergency Power" Quest; Tyranny + Absolutism Not A Democratic Tenet. / Rule 9 Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet - Tonyebarcanista / Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by ezebest1(m): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2015
I just hope my instincts are wrong...Seun couldn't have allowed Lai Mohammed buy him and his forum. I refuse to imagine he's a tribal bigot...Just maybe!
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 1:10am On Dec 12, 2015
chinchum:
Virtually all promoters of biafra on this forum do that on the foundation of hate, misinformation, evil propaganda.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this trend. God bless you for your discernment.
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 1:15am On Dec 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
I saw it and I knew that some persons are still very immature when it comes to the tenets of a true democracy but hey! I would rather sit this one out on the fence but freedom of expression, speech and right to self determination shouldn't be gagged under any circumstances.

I do expect the Biafran agitators to abandon Nairaland in protest - But these emotionally battered agitators won't see beyond the insult,bias, and deliberate attempt by the owner of Nairaland to gag a people's right to seek for redress in a democratic Nigeria in other to reflect the body language of the administration-cum military regime of Buhari.

Seun should dust up some books, read up and stop making Nairaland a mockery.

Let them go. I bid them Godspeed, because they will NOT be missed. And those of us left on Nairaland will enjoy the peaceful atmosphere that will prevail here, once they have left. Hasta la vista, amigos. Adios!

3 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 1:33am On Dec 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I didn't express my feeling, I called Seun's attention to his action that contravenes several laws, principle and charter. Radio Bia.fraa is only but a medium and the fact that it exist doesn't mean a forum like NL should prevent agitators from speaking.

Seun's action have put a wall against a set of people from FREELY expressing themselves and their thought. It has restricted their fundamental right as citizen of the world. It is his forum no doubt but highly inappropriate.

No freedom is absolute. Not even in the USA. Every freedom is qualified and limited, to some extent or the other. The freedom to swing your arms, ends where my nose begins. The freedom to agitate for your proposed country, ends when you choose to employ the language of hate and bigotry to incite division, cause unrest, tarnish people's reputations, stigmatise entire ethnic groups and polarise citizens within my own country.

The pro-Biafra clique would do well to remember this. To every right, there is a corresponding duty. The 'right' to free expression, places on you the duty to ensure that such free expression is devoid of irresponsible statements, so that it does not lead to anarchy or promote hate.

Kennywills7:
I believe in One Nigeria and a more reform one at that, one that practices true federalism, am neither Igbo nor do i stand for or against the Biafra agitation but what am against is this latest rule by Seun
The rule is a clear discrimination against the Igbo(s) and against the Nigerian constitution and that of the UN
Everyone should be allow to voice their feelings as its their fundamental right, it is when they incite people against one another that it becomes a crime
and such cases incur penalties.
We must stand by the Truth at all times, trampling upon the rights of others freedom of expression is wrong and should be condemn by everyone.
Thanks for the unbiased write up @tonyebacarnista

There is no discrimination against the Igbo on this board. Stop playing the blame game. All kinds of people have been banned from every ethnic group, for diverse kinds of reasons. Allowing people to voice their feelings means that those 'voicing' such feelings, have a responsibility to do so with respect and decorum, in a manner devoid of rancour. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? undecided

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by arresa: 1:38am On Dec 12, 2015
vladimiros:

if you focus on the hate, you won't still get the message

This is not about me focusing on hate hate messages, this is about the agitators using hate and using hate, bigotry, incitement and violence to spread their message.

they were lots of Biafran people on NL who just focused on Biafra and not hate

Your opinion and not facts as we've all seen on NL in the last few months.

and yes Arab Spring had hate, lots of hate..for the oppressed minorities

You really don't have to lie just to prove your point unless you have facts from Facebook and Twitter or any social media platform with people spewing hate and inciting violence against their own country folks to back it up with.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 1:48am On Dec 12, 2015
vladimiros:

If you can't decipher the massage without looking through the bullshit..

then you never got the message

Nnamdi Kanu is just a mere messenger to the whole message,

I am not Biafran, but they have every right to secede

Nnamdi Kanu may be a mere messenger, but he has no right to deploy twisted propaganda or preach hatred, intolerance or bigotry, neither does he have the right to incite unrest within a country. And why does the message have to come wrapped in hate? It turns off the listeners, and makes them bitter against your cause. That is part of what breeds anarchy. And there is a word for it in the legal lexicon - it is called sedition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 2:01am On Dec 12, 2015
centje:
The post you quoted to hail and affirm your view is highly biased even tho' he thought he made any sense.

If we can employ what ever is left of our rational reasoning, we did notice there are two sources of hate posts when it comes to issue of Biafra, on Nairaland;

first: the pro-Biafra posters.

Second: Anti-Biafra posters.

If people like you can be fair enough in reasoning you did see that the clamp down has been on pro-biafra, while anti-Biafra are having field day.

The poster you quoted, like Seun and his rule 9, only addressed hate messages from pro-biafra. Does it mean hate messages from Anti-Biafra posters are to be encouraged?

No. Both pro-Biafra and anti-Biafra respondents who deal in derogatory words, hate speech and bigotry, have been banned (and are still being banned), from time to time. The only problem is that the pro-Biafra chaps that get banned, like playing the victim card, and they refuse to see the fact that anti-Biafra protagonists are also banned, with the same frequency. sad

Maybe Seun should create a thread showing the names of all those that have been banned in the past one month till date, and state clearly the reason for each individual ban. undecided
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by ujezeez(m): 2:43am On Dec 12, 2015
If u are not comfortable with d rule,i reckon u should stop surfing NL on d internet.rules are meant to sanitize.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by wytecat: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2015
Another 10 pages of mob action on Seun.
Let see how long he holds up before caving in like a hurriedly dug drug cartels tunnel.
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by wytecat: 3:16am On Dec 12, 2015
I'm sure you have a dumb look to match your dumb reasoning. You can only hide and hate Yoruba to your death, there's nothing you can do about it. God knew exactly what he was doing making the Yoruba who they are today, and you neer do well bottom feeder of a tribe you are!
Goodboiyy:

I just observed something today. Yoruba's re scared of Biafra.. Rule No. 9 is not acceptable...

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by CeterisXVII: 3:20am On Dec 12, 2015
wytecat:
I'm sure you have a dumb look to match your dumb reasoning. You can only hide and hate Yoruba to your death, there's nothing you can do about it. God knew exactly what he was doing making you the Yoruba who they are today, and you neer do well bottom feeder of a tribe you are too!

Take it easy...it is not every rant that needs to be dignified with an answer. The chap you replied is obviously high on something. Don't let them ban you for his misdemeanour....

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by wytecat: 3:23am On Dec 12, 2015
Thanks jare!
CeterisXVII:

Take it easy...it is not every rant that needs to be dignified with an answer. The chap you replied is obviously high on something. Don't let them ban you for his misdemeanour....
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by ubah84(m): 5:51am On Dec 12, 2015
Truckpusher:
I saw it and I knew that some persons are still very immature when it comes to the tenets of a true democracy but hey! I would rather sit this one out on the fence but freedom of expression, speech and right to self determination shouldn't be gagged under any circumstances.

I do expect the Biafran agitators to abandon Nairaland in protest - But these emotionally battered agitators won't see beyond the insult,bias, and deliberate attempt by the owner of Nairaland to gag a people's right to seek for redress in a democratic Nigeria in other to reflect the body language of the administration-cum military regime of Buhari.

Seun should dust up some books, read up and stop making Nairaland a mockery.
go to court
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2015
Seun oooo!!!! Seun oooo!!! Seun ooo!!! Iwaju opon o gbo, eyin opon o gbo, olumoran lo tun, olumoran losi...emi a gbegun lode a je ifun orisa, ni mo n pe oo

Seun oooo!!! Seun ooooo seun oooo!!!!

Don't act in a rush when you are angry or agitated. Listen to the majority of the people. Don't be a dictator, don't be the one to enact decree 4. Nairaland will become boring without the Biafra agitators. They have a right to express themselves. You can ask your mod to ban the hate comments among them. Even we Yoruba's call them different names "flat heads, omo ina, ajeokuta ma mu omi "etc and many of us don't even get banned.

The Igbo's need love , they need acceptance and your decree 9 have only succeeded in alienating them more. You have successfully helped the undecided Igbo biafrans to believe that they are not loved nor welcomed in Nigeria... Please mr seun, if you are human ,have a rethink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by ValerianSteel(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2015
Until Nigerians feel the weight of what is thrown at them as directly affecting them.That's when they get agitated to speak out against repression,as long as it concerns a common few,they are not bothered undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by EasternLeopard: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2015
tobimillar:
Seun oooo!!!! Seun oooo!!! Seun ooo!!! Iwaju opon o gbo, eyin opon o gbo, olumoran lo tun, olumoran losi...emi a gbegun lode a je ifun orisa, ni mo n pe oo

Seun oooo!!! Seun ooooo seun oooo!!!!

Don't act in a rush when you are angry or agitated. Listen to the majority of the people. Don't be a dictator, don't be the one to enact decree 4. Nairaland will become boring without the Biafra agitators. They have a right to express themselves. You can ask your mod to ban the hate comments among them. Even we Yoruba's call them different names "flat heads, omo ina, ajeokuta ma mu omi "etc and many of us don't even get banned.

The Igbo's need love , they need acceptance and your decree 9 have only succeeded in alienating them more. You have successfully helped the undecided Igbo biafrans to believe that they are not loved nor welcomed in Nigeria... Please mr seun, if you are human ,have a rethink

Since December 11 , the beautiful discussions and arguments that help release us of stress have disappeared.

APC has finally nailed the coffin of a dead Nigeria

The opportunity to hear the complains of the oppressed in order to know how to address it has being lost.

At least on NL it was easy to help Pro Biafrans and Pro Nigerians see how their conflict can be amicably resolved

At las

SEUN threw that opportunity away without taking into consideration the future implications in a post One Nigeria without the oil wealth and people of SS and SE origins

SEUN YOUR DECISION HAS FURTHER HELPED NNAMDI KANU COME CLOSER TO HIS OBJECTIVE

IF YOUR DECISION WAS INFLUENCED BY GOVERNMENT THREAT, BUHARI HAVE BURIED NIGERIA THEREBY BRINGING TO REALITY THE NIGHTMARE A LATE EMIR HAD THAT HIS PEOPLE HAD TO GET VISA IN ORDER TO TRAVEL TO THE SOUTHERN PART.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by yapapa: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

And all you do is jubilate cowardly over any anti biafran move or stance....contented slave
lol...mumu..y'all are the real slave here, cos you can't go nowhere until we want you to go.no freedom for you, get that in your empty skull.
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by bloodkiller: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2015
with this thread I general Bloodykiller baptize TonyeBarcanista with fire and brimstone grin I taught that you've lost all your sense of reasoning in bigotry I even expected a solidarity thread from you in support of zeun the human right terrorist but you failed me this time grin

so go and sin no more but don't stop drinking beer and weed because it's good for your body cheesy
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by bloodkiller: 8:05am On Dec 12, 2015
Drchristian:

cant u say proudly igbo? pained bastard grin

Kitikpa sewaa nne i onu ebea
product of dog's sperm
bastard she-male
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by FTBOY: 8:12am On Dec 12, 2015
lezz:
grin grin She claims she resigned. She couldn't have made a more honourable decision. _fucking self-righteous and prudish. Remember when I was banned in a section she wasn't moderating, did some investigation and discovered she used her far-reaching, super-MOD tentacles to ban me across section. I was mad. To pour insult to my wounds, the pervert who invited her to get me banned was also as guilty as sin with the very post he summoned her with.

Such an intelligent girl with a biased judgement and misplaced loyalty.
she didn't resign....she was dismissed for being incompetent. a mod who claimed she knew God but was always found in the sexuality section....what an irony! the modship got into her head and she started feeling like a demigod, choosing whom to chat with and whom to ignore. but look at her today, a common troll
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by mastro: 8:14am On Dec 12, 2015
I repeat myself....................................................

I'm leaving Nairaland, don't beg me O

Even though I stand against everything Nairaland is for, I demand the right to wail here

How dare the owner of the house cook ewedu when I want to eat Efo, how dare he

Even though I've carried my 2 left feet to waka to KFC I insist on buying akara...... what do you mean I should get out unless i want to buy chicken, akara is my human right.

I will not allow this to stand................... I will rant and wail and stamp my feet until the wall of Jericho fall, we will march on the national assembly all 20 million of us

Seun, Seun, Seun, how many times did I call your name, I will leave O, you had better beg me, if I count to 3 and you haven't acceded to my demands Nairaland will collapse

SEUN!!!

I said 2.9999999999

cool

For those who can't read or understand English, this is parody O !!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by sasquareT(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
pls can someone come up with biafland.Com? it will surely reduce d pride exhibited by seun and his crew, cus i dont just get all dis stupiid rules on nairaland when we are not in a law school. Probably seun is feeling funky cus nairaland generate so much trafic, and he shouldnt forget yahoo, facebook, e.T.C dey were once an undisputed champion.

Sure bro another site will arise and it will bench Seun and it Crew....the guy is so annoying latetly with all his tribalistic ban...I can see he is begging for competitor already when the chip is down his eyes will clear.
I'm a proud Yoruba man by the way.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by SonOfEl(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2015
yapapa:
lol...mumu..y'all are the real slave here, cos you can't go nowhere until we want you to go.no freedom for you, get that in your empty skull.

Lol...very typical words of cowardice and insecurity. Covenant slave. Slave for life.
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by lezz(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2015
FTBOY:
she didn't resign....she was dismissed for being incompetent. a mod who claimed she knew God but was always found in the sexuality section....what an irony! the modship got into her head and she started feeling like a demigod, choosing whom to chat with and whom to ignore. but look at her today, a common troll
She was lying then serves her right. When she gave me my ban, she denied me correspondence after writing her privately and openly. I have never seen any mod so snobbish.
Double-standard setting _bitch.

That fall from cloud 9 was long and hard. And she's having problems adjusting. Her long shrouded personality of duplicity, conflicting emotions and a pretentious cork-craver has been exposed once her cloak of MOD-ship was stripped.

Down , down , down ishilove goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by yapapa: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2015
SonOfEl:

Lol...very typical words of cowardice and insecurity. Covenant slave. Slave for life.
hhahahaha...mumu! you wanna know what cowardice is? its hiding behind your computer all day in your soggy and stinking unkempt room, chest beating and ranting about how wanna break the country apart.go out there and take up arms them we gon take you serious and make history repeat itself. born losers! I spit on you.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by Jascon4: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2015
MathsChic:

But why don't you just compare this with what twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other american social networking sites are doing. Isis sympathizers are never banned, suppressed, nor is their speech regulated. Nairaland's owner actually risks executing exactly what the senators are being accused of in their social media bill: silencing free speech.
I'm sure you were up in arms against the senators' idea as well.
Don't you think it would make sense for YouTube or Facebook to ban or regulate Isis and boko haram videos, or issue bans on users who declare support for their cause? But certainly, they wouldn't do that, as it amounts without doubt to opinion regulation, especially on such a massive and free platform as the internet.

We need to look at this carefully. Not just from what's good or bad for business, but for what's good or bad for freedom. The few people peddling rhetorics can always be banned. Speech regulation is no good thing.

You speak sense in abundance.
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Your waist is far more important than the subject of this thread kiss
bad boi grin grin
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by Ishilove: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2015
arresa:

I don't remember seeing Arab spring folks spewing hatred, insulting and inciting violence against their own citizens on twitter and facebook.

I don't remember Arab spring folks calling their country a zoo and their own citizens zoo animals, slaves, bastards and so on..

I don't even remember arab spring folks agitating for any kind of dissolution or the demise of their own country, their surprising was against bad leadership.

Last time I checked, Arab Spring was not about wishing evil and destruction against their own country, it was about patriotism and betterment of their country and fellow country folks.

FB and other social platforms are not against freedom of speech regardless what you are fighting or agitating for, but they have strong policies against hate, hate speech, abuse, insults, incitement and advocating violence and destruction.

The irony of the Arab spring is after the so-called revolution, these countries have known no peace since then, so at the end of the day, their current state is worse than their former.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by Beremx(f): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2015
Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Secession.
Seun Osewa,if you really do listen to advice,i would advise you to change the bolded to "secession" and not single out Biafra.

I think the word "Secession" is best to be used in rule number 9.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by An0nimus: 10:08am On Dec 12, 2015
Ishilove:

The irony of the Arab spring is after the so-called revolution, these countries have known no peace since then, so at the end of the day, their current state is worse than their former.

Hello Ishi, if I report a post and it gets immediately hidden, is it hidden to just me or all NL users?
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2015
SEUN SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO US ON THE FRONTPAGES OF 3 DALLIES ELSE WE WONT FORGIVE HIM
Re: Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet by An0nimus: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2015
Beremx:
9. Seun Osewa,if you really do listen to advice,i would advise you to change the bolded to "secession" and not single out Biafra.

I think the word "Secession" is best to be used in rule number 9.

I could almost swear it used to be 'secession' in rule 9 and rule 22 rule wasn't there before. 'Secession' is sure a better option, at least to avoid rights movement all over the world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Stop Drinking Garri – Governor Okorocha Warns Imo Residents Over Lassa Fever / Suspected IPOB Gunmen Abduct Retired Major General In Imo State / El-rufai’s Campaign Coordinator Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.