Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Have Mercy On Me O Lord. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Mercy On Me O Lord. (1616 Views)

O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness / Sermon Jotters: O Lord! Make A Way For Me {mfm Sunday Service} / Thine, O Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Mercy On Me O Lord. by newbride: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2009
God if there is anything we have done to offend you or any man, please forgive us and have mercy. I have come to publicly ask for forgiveness of sin so you know how sorry we are for whatever we have done that you have not answered us. I feel so lonely because I think you have neglected us. Please forgive us Lord Please. We are worthless without you.
Re: Have Mercy On Me O Lord. by JJYOU: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2009
newbride:

God if there is anything we have done to offend you or any man, please forgive us and have mercy. I have come to publicly ask for forgiveness of sin so you know how sorry we are for whatever we have done that you have not answered us. I feel so lonely because I think you have neglected us. Please forgive us Lord Please. We are worthless without you.
God bless you and may He have mercy on you.

God never leaves His people. you may feel pressed on every side you are never alone.
remember Jonah in the fish belly it seems all was lost he cried for mercy but God heard and showed him mercy

God will show you mercy and favour. it wont be this way always. there are always seasons in our lives when it looks God and His presence is far but He is a faithful father. always closer than you know. if His mercies was not with you, you would have been consumed before now.

Jonah 2:1-35 (New Living Translation)

Jonah 2
Jonah’s Prayer
1 [a]Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from inside the fish. 2 He said,

I cried out to the Lord in my great trouble,
and he answered me.
I called to you from the land of the dead,[b]
and Lord, you heard me!

3 You threw me into the ocean depths,
and I sank down to the heart of the sea.
The mighty waters engulfed me;
I was buried beneath your wild and stormy waves.
4 Then I said, ‘O Lord, you have driven me from your presence.
Yet I will look once more toward your holy Temple.’

5 “I sank beneath the waves,
and the waters closed over me.
Seaweed wrapped itself around my head.
6 I sank down to the very roots of the mountains.
I was imprisoned in the earth,
whose gates lock shut forever.
But you, O Lord my God,
snatched me from the jaws of death!
7 As my life was slipping away,
I remembered the Lord.
And my earnest prayer went out to you
in your holy Temple.
8 Those who worship false gods
turn their backs on all God’s mercies.
9 But I will offer sacrifices to you with songs of praise,
and I will fulfill all my vows.
For my salvation comes from the Lord alone.”
Re: Have Mercy On Me O Lord. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2009
newbride:

Methinks that the poster is praying the kind of prayer Daniel prayed in Dan.9:3-8 for mercy on behalf of his people who have sinned against the Almighty God.  If you consider the level of blasphemy and iniquity practised by our people especially as is represented here on the religion section on NL which reflects the godlessness in our nation you would agree that genuine Christians have to seek for mercy on behalf of our people because if not none will be spared of the repercussions that will befall the nation, since we still have our loved ones living there.
Re: Have Mercy On Me O Lord. by newbride: 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2009
jjyou thanks for the encouragement
Olagbedu this is me dealing with my issues i dont knowabout daniel but thanks for spotting it out for me
Re: Have Mercy On Me O Lord. by JJYOU: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2009
newbride:

jjyou thanks for the encouragement
Olagbedu this is me dealing with my issues i dont knowabout daniel but thanks for spotting it out for me
i found this article insightful  it may bless you too
God's Pressure Cooker, Pt.1Practical Help from 2 Corinthians 4: 7-18
As a child, I well remember the sound of a whistle blowing to indicate that dinner was almost ready. It was the release valve on one of my mom’s favorite cooking utensils, her pressure cooker. She used the cooker to prepare vegetables and other dishes that needed to be cooked in water at high temperatures.
The pressure cooker is an interesting device because it is designed to help water exceed its normal properties. If one puts water in an open pot and applies heat, the water will begin to boil when it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius).

It will rise into the atmosphere as steam and be lost for cooking purposes. If you put the water in an enclosed pot, however, the steam is trapped. The water achieves, if you will, a higher temperature and is able to cook more effectively in a shorter amount of time. Pressure under controlled circumstances produces greater effectiveness and productivity, making water do what it cannot naturally accomplish.

Most of us feel like we have spent time in the pressure cooker. At different times in our lives, we have experienced intense pressure, perhaps coming from many different directions. We may wonder why life must be so painful or so hectic or so stressful. Given our own way, we might wish to escape the pressures of this world by abandoning our responsibilities or fleeing our circumstances. God, however, has a purpose in applying the heat in our lives.

http://www.mbbc.edu/page.aspx?m=3638   &  http://www.mbbc.edu/page.aspx?m=3639

OLAADEGBU:

Methinks that the poster is praying the kind of prayer Daniel prayed in Dan.9:3-8 for mercy on behalf of his people who have sinned against the Almighty God.  If you consider the level of blasphemy and iniquity practised by our people especially as is represented here on the religion section on NL which reflects the godlessness in our nation you would agree that genuine Christians have to seek for mercy on behalf of our people because if not none will be spared of the repercussions that will befall the nation, since we still have our loved ones living there.
yes sir we live in dangerous days and need ti shouting [i]spare your people spare your people O Lord[/i]Joel 2:17 (New Living Translation)

17 Let the priests, who minister in the Lord’s presence,
stand and weep between the entry room to the Temple and the altar.
Let them pray, “[size=18pt]Spare your people, Lord![/size]
Don’t let your special possession become an object of mockery.
Don’t let them become a joke for unbelieving foreigners who say,

‘Has the God of Israel left them?’”

(1) (Reply)

New Names Of Jehovah(please Be Free To Add Yours) / 2 Year Old Christian Girl Raped For Her Family Not Converting To Islam / Why do people Help A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.