Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ (23924 Views)

Nigerian Man Beats South African Bodybuilder Who Is A Bully (Video) / Man Beats His Wife To Death In Ogun State For Dating Their Next Door Neighbour / Man Beats His Wife In Public In Kwara State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Aminat508(f): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
figo05:

interprete plz
tongue tongue
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by sisisioge: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Wowzer! Violence never pans out well...
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by dacovajnr: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
He just proved his Wife wrong..Oloriburuku okunrin
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by emperorchedda(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
my love I just came from a ban. I don't want to argue with you. You sef u like wahala oh. Imagine you mentioned me so we fight. Please be aggressive like this in the sack. They will enjoy u. Kisses
Hahahahahahahahaha u no well gan

But it's a nice advice sha

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Funjosh(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Iru awon okunrin alainilakaye wo leleyii? cry

Eyegii fun were koku danu cry

shocked shocked shocked Amina shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by praxisnetworks: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
my love I just came from a ban. I don't want to argue with you. You sef u like wahala oh. Imagine you mentioned me so we fight. Please be aggressive like this in the sack. They will enjoy u. Kisses
Same here doveda..... Let's roll in the sack
However to the topic that man is absolutely insane the woman should have walked away b4 all the nonsense
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Kgdavid(m): 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:
A certain Mr. Bright (surname withheld) has been arrested by officers of Ejigbo police station for beating his wife to death.

Mr. Bright and his late wife reside in Olusesi Street in Idimu road, Ejigbo Lagos.

DAILY POST gathered that the couple, who have been married for years, were known for their constant domestic violence.

Resident told our correspondent that argument ensued between the couple over feeding expense.

The woman, it was gathered, called her husband ‘irresponsible man’.

Angered by the wife’s unguarded outburst, the husband descended on her with countless punches till she collapsed and died on the spot.

“When the man noticed his wife was dead, he quickly removed the body and put inside his car boot,” the resident said.

However, luck ran out of the man after a neighbour spotted him and raised alarm, which attracted other tenants.

The prompt intervention of the security men saved the man from being lynched by some angry youths.

He was subsequently arrested and taken to the police station.

When our reporter visited the street on Thursday, residents of the areas were seen discussing the incident in groups.

A source said the remains of the deceased have been deposited at a mortuary in the area.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/11/man-beats-pregnant-wife-to-death-in-lagos-for-calling-him-irresponsible/

I'm at a loss for how the bolded could be accepted as fact...

1. The implication is that there were witnesses of the beating as someone must have been there to count the "uncountable" blows; so why could they not intervene until she died?
2. Then the article goes on to imply that there were actually no witnesses to the beating, with the statement: "luckily a neighbour saw him" which implies that up until that point, there was no witness to the crime
3. How can one man carry a dead pregnant woman? from inside the house (presumably) all the way to the car all by himself? it's possible but extremely unlikely

SMH for reporters.
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
SmithEnemona:
the man should be hang hanged.
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
Aminat508:
tongue tongue
mi o mope omo yoruba nie sha. morope aboki nie
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
doveda:
emperorchedda, Eddygourdo, praxisnetworks, mikolo80, Spydraad, Sacluxpaint, coachwilcox

cheesy smiley wink cheesy

Can we please anakyse both sides now?

Bunch of clowns and idio.ts

You must really be depressed, please open a fresh thread and plead for help. Was I the one that beat her to death? i will ignore you like I usually do to mentally deranged people that meet me on the road.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Aminat508(f): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
figo05:

mi o mope omo yoruba nie sha. morope aboki nie
Yoruba ni Mi Omo osun orijinal grin cheesy
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Yoruba ni Mi Omo osun orijinal grin cheesy

thats nice. omo ogun nimi. nibo lo kawe?
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Gamusgamus: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:
A certain Mr. Bright (surname withheld) has been arrested by officers of Ejigbo police station for beating his wife to death.

Mr. Bright and his late wife reside in Olusesi Street in Idimu road, Ejigbo Lagos.

DAILY POST gathered that the couple, who have been married for years, were known for their constant domestic violence.

Resident told our correspondent that argument ensued between the couple over feeding expense.

The woman, it was gathered, called her husband ‘irresponsible man’.

Angered by the wife’s unguarded outburst, the husband descended on her with countless punches till she collapsed and died on the spot.

“When the man noticed his wife was dead, he quickly removed the body and put inside his car boot,” the resident said.

However, luck ran out of the man after a neighbour spotted him and raised alarm, which attracted other tenants.

The prompt intervention of the security men saved the man from being lynched by some angry youths.

He was subsequently arrested and taken to the police station.

When our reporter visited the street on Thursday, residents of the areas were seen discussing the incident in groups.

A source said the remains of the deceased have been deposited at a mortuary in the area.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/11/man-beats-pregnant-wife-to-death-in-lagos-for-calling-him-irresponsible/
Mr Bright get ready to cool ur irresponsible dull future behind the prison gate for the rest of your miserable life. Stupid Boyman
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by doveda: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

You must really be depressed, please open a fresh thread and plead for help. Was I the one that beat her to death? i will ignore you like I usually do to mentally deranged people that meet me on the road.

You are the perfect definition of dopemucheesy
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
FxDuke:
it is very important for couples to at all times learn to bridle their tongues

In other words, she deserved to die or be beaten vecause she called him ‘irresponsible'. Did you ask what the murderer did before she called him ‘irresponsible'. Since it is impossible for a man to beat up a woman without provocation, it is also impossible for a woman to call her husband names without provocation
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Saved2Serve:
she died, because of her own mouth. She is in the grave and he will be jailed. This is why we need to show restraint when we are in our worst element. As a woman, be very careful what you say to ur man in heated argument, especially towards his ego. The man, don't you know that the strength of a woman is in her mouth? You can kill if you follow what comes out of her mouth?

what happens to staying off the argument scene for some hours to cool down before you talk it over in a sensible way. in such situations, i urge men to calmly steer clear the scene, leave the house for a cool spot, before u know it, you will chill. Wives, guard your mouth. keep silent when arguments are taking this direction,.......learn to keep shut at times.

One of your female folks is going to mistakenly call her husband one name like that and do not forget to defend her husband if he beats her to the point of no return

By the way, did you know what he did for her to have called him names? What about advising men not to act in a certain manner if they do not want their ego bruisedsadundecided
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
There was provocation from the woman. But provocation from someone with raging hormones is very normal and must be forgiven and ignored COS SHE PREGNANT GODAMM IT. Then coupled with the fact the abuse is a daily occurrence by both parties on themselves (would not accept the domestic abuse reflects only the character of the man) . That being said he should have controlled himself between with maturity, but since a person died. HANG Him. Doveda darling come and clap for me.

There was provocation from the man, if not the woman would not have called him ‘irresponsible' cheesy
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Eddygourdo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

There was provocation from the man, if not he woman would not have called him ‘irresponsible'
it's dat type of thinking that made him beat her up. Please people should learn to not anger others,

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
it's dat type of thinking that made him beat her up. Please people should learn to not anger others,

Why are you a hypocrite?

She provoked him...yes

But what provoked her....does it matter?

The koko be say she provoked him and he beat her to death.

That is logic of most Nairaland males. However it is nothing but a dumb logic. It ain't flying with me.

If you want to trace the root cause of a domestic abuse to proof your point, you better start from very beginning angry

For now, I am done with wishing your sisters and daughters the same fare (who knew men dey fearcheesy)

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Eddygourdo(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

Why are you a hypocrite?

She provoked him...yes

But what provoked her....does it matter?

The koko be say she provoked him and he beat her to death.

That is logic of most Nairaland males. However it is nothing but a dumb logic. It ain't flying with me.

If you want to trace the root cause of a domestic abuse to proof your point, you better start from very beginning angry

For now, I am done with wishing your sisters and daughters the same fare (who knew men dey fearcheesy)

doveda why are you in love with me. Now you have a new monicker. Leave eddygourdo and his sisters and daughters alone. Hian. I will beat u oh. U talk about starting from the root, yet you haven't exactly done that, you just assumed that the man provoked her as the root, then she responded by calling him names and he beat her up, why didn't u assume she provoked him as the root, he responded at it provoked her, she called him names and he beat her up. Cm on dear. Stop this ur ways

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

In other words, she deserved to die or be beaten vecause she called him ‘irresponsible'. Did you ask what the murderer did before she called him ‘irresponsible'. Since it is impossible for a man to beat up a woman without provocation, it is also impossible for a woman to call her husband names without provocation
am not saying she deserves what she got...all am trying to say is that couples have duty to each other by being on the watchout to always promote their well being. there is a limit of tolerance to which every person can take beyond which the individual is bound to snap ultimately. if the parties involved in the tragedy did not provoke themselves till the situation turned to the point of no return (Hooke`s law of elasticity), it wont have ended up so badly. that for example one`s friend has a defect in walking which is obvious to everyone else, does not gives one the right to call that friend cripple when offended! this is the simple fact. couples should learn to respect themselves. even the musician John Legend sang "All of me love all of you, love all your perfect imperfections, all your curves and all your edges, even when i lose and winning".
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
why are you in love with me. Now you have a new monicker. Leave eddygourdo and his sisters and daughters alone. Hian. I will beat u oh. U talk about starting from the root, yet you haven't exactly done that, you just assumed that the man provoked her as the root, then she responded by calling him names and he beat her up, why didn't u assume she provoked him as the root, he responded at it provoked her, she called him names and he beat her up. Cm on dear. Stop this ur ways

This is the original moniker tongue

Ehen....Let's start searching for the original culprit lipsrsealed

Shebi you wan to prove that men are naturally angels, it is women that turns them into beasts even an abusive gay man was turned into a beast by some unseen female woman undecided

Therefore if you think you can make excuses for a beast because he is a man, I can also make excuses for the vicitims
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Eddygourdo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

This is the original moniker tongue

Ehen....Let's start searching for the original culprit lipsrsealed

Shebi you wan to prove that men are naturally angels, it is women that turns them into beasts even an abusive gay man was turned into a beast by some unseen female woman undecided

Therefore if you think you can make excuses for a beast because he is a man, I can also make excuses for the vicitims
my baby, I would not call ever man a victim or an aggressor, it is wrong that u regard every woman to be a victim. That's the stereotype I dislike. This is why I always want the true story. This case is similar to the one we fought about a bit. I am only blaming the man here because of one thing and one thing alone. THAT WOMAN WAS PREGNANT. Thus excuses whatever provocation she could have caused. But does not rile out that she provoked him. As the post suggested that he reacted after the insult. Too bad he didn't show restraint knowing her condition. Plus she died, thus it's a police case of murder or manslaughter. But asides that. My love try and have an open mind. Not all men are aggressors or all women victims, judge a case first after looking at both sides of a matter exhaustively. Not jumping into conclusion simply because the woman lost the fight and posted pictures of herself and men never post pictures of fights won or lost. Kisses
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
my baby, I would not call ever man a victim or an aggressor, it is wrong that u regard every woman to be a victim. That's the stereotype I dislike. This is why I always want the true story. This case is similar to the one we fought about a bit. I am only blaming the man here because of one thing and one thing alone. THAT WOMAN WAS PREGNANT. Thus excuses whatever provocation she could have caused. But does not rile out that she provoked him. As the post suggested that he reacted after the insult. Too bad he didn't show restraint knowing her condition. Plus she died, thus it's a police case of murder or manslaughter. But asides that. My love try and have an open mind. Not all men are aggressors or all women victims, judge a case first after looking at both sides of a matter exhaustively. Not jumping into conclusion simply because the woman lost the fight and posted pictures of herself and men never post pictures of fights won or lost. Kisses

I do not always regard the woman as the victim undecided. I know both sexes are capable for beastly acts but Nairaland men love to justify the man's actions regardless of whatever he has done because women are natural devils!!! What position would you take if it were a homosexual relationship?

I try as much as possible to stay neutral in cases like this and if I am asked for an opinion. I would blame the woman for not leaving and the man for being a beast. Shikena!

What most of you, especially men do on nairaland is to empathise with the woman but with a 'but'. A man who knows his wife is verbally abusive but failed to let her be till he assaults her deserves everything tat comes to him(If genuine provocation was the reason) and the same goes for the woman who endures an abusive relationship.

Genuine provocation is not calling a man 'irresponsible' or not cooking his mealsundecided. Serial abusers do not even need a reason to verbally/physically abuse the victim. Abuse can happen to anyone be it a good wife/husband.

I was aggravated when I read your second post. You took a position of an abuser. if you could consider 'irresponsible' as a justification or a way of understanding the man's action, I am sorry but you are a potential abuser.

My point is you cannot justify abuse. It is not like a hand to hand combat with you younger brother. It is much more than that. It is a lack of self-discipline and delusions of grandeur against the victim.

And yes there are victims and perpetrators.
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Eddygourdo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
daretodiffer:

I do not always regard the woman as the victim

In fact, in cases ike this. I try as much as possible to stay neutral and if i am asked for an opinion. I would blame the woman for not leaving. Shikena!

What most of you, especially men do on nairaland is to empathise with the woman but with a 'but'. A man who knows his wife is verbally abusive but failed to let her be till he assaults her deserves everything tat comes to him(If genuine provocation was the reason) and the same goes for the woman who endures an abusive relationship.

Genuine provocation is not calling a man 'irresponsible' or not cooking his mealsundecided. Serial abusers do not even need a reason to verbally/physically abuse the victim. Abuse can happen to anyone be it a good wife/husband.

I was aggravated when I read your second post. You took a position of an abuser. if you could consider 'irresponsible' as a justification or a way of understanding the man's action, I am sorry but you are a potential abuser.

My point is you cannot justify abuse. It is not like a hand to hand combat with you younger brother. It is much more than that. It is a lack of self-discipline and delusions of grandeur against the victim.

And yes we victims and perpetrators.
sweetheart are you married or in a serious relationship that has gone on for years, if we analyses it, abuse from you or your man will be observed, there are abuse that each person must ignore and endure in any relationship, by ur analogy, if my wife abuses me verbally, I should divorce her? Is there any woman in this world who after she has seen my unclothedness and cared for me while duck and vulnerable who won't abuse me verbally one day in a five year duration, should I divorce them all? . Listen what I am trying to point out here dear is that, action and reactions are equal and opposite, except in cases where a psycho is involved, most observations between couples are actions and reactions which have no fixed root as both parties will never agree on a root. The idea is to judge a case by measure of its consequences which is why once we see a picture of a badly beaten woman we cry foul, how many times have u seen the picture of a badly beaten man, are u saying in truth u believe there are none? Every man is a potential abuser if pushed to the wall as well as every good woman is a potential bad woman if pushed to the wall, must we only judge the reactions of people who were pushed to the wall while the excuse the people who pushed them? I believe in listening to the entire story so I can carefully place events under actions and reactions. I have abused a lady once in truth, but later on I realised I was abused too after I ran away. I am a believer of everybody respecting himself and not going about calling a man irresponsible, if he called her a LovePeddler on provocation, and she had a choice between rinsing or not rinsing a cup to give him water afterwards, what choice do you think she will make,. That she used the dirty cup must she be a devil for doing so? Please we really differ on our views, I see women not as always victims and men not as always aggressors
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by mikolo80: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
doveda:
emperorchedda, Eddygourdo, praxisnetworks, mikolo80, Spydraad, Sacluxpaint, coachwilcox

cheesy smiley wink cheesy

Can we please anakyse both sides now?

Bunch of clowns and idio.ts
see your life
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by mikolo80: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2015
Aminat508:
Iru awon okunrin alainilakaye wo leleyii? cry

Eyegii fun were koku danu cry
awon obinrin ti enu won wa rough lo wa ni lakaiye abi.soro niyen
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by summerflame(m): 5:52am On Dec 12, 2015
Mr. Bright?.. Another Biafran?.... shaking my head for these fools
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by summerflame(m): 5:57am On Dec 12, 2015
when will u get sense?
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Wowzer(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2015
Sisisioge. Saw my mention. I have no violent tendencies. grin
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by sisisioge: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
Wowzer:
Sisisioge. Saw my mention. I have no violent tendencies. grin

Come o, your moniker is my copyright o. I say it all the time so get ready to hear my voice a lot...wowzer grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Beats Pregnant Wife To Death In Lagos For Calling Him ‘irresponsible’ by Wowzer(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sisisioge. Not a problem then. I had prefer to hear it in person. Romantic calls grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50-Year-Old Man Rapes A Girl In A Tricycle / Adamu Garba To Abba Kyari: Stop Hiding, Go And Clear Your Name / Do Not Fall For This Phising Scam From Hackers. Beware!!! (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.