Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ (1032 Views)

Trey Songz Lands In Lagos For Rhythm Unplugged Concert Tomorrow (Photo) / Davido Shows Off Pile Of Cash As He Lands In South Africa / Ruggedman Blasts Celebrities Over Silence In OJB False Donation Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by dammiecool(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ruggedman lands in ‘Nokia millions’
Written by Vanguard
Saturday, 23 May 2009

He may not have received any nominations at the Hip Hop World Awards ‘09, yet it doesn’t mean things aren’t happening for him. Ruggedman has just sealed a ring tone deal with phone giants, Nokia. This is only one of the good things happening for this rapper around now.
The song whose rights have been bought by Nokia is taken off his 2008 Hip Hop World Awards Best Rap Album titled Ruggedy Baba. The deal was brokered by Carl Racca of Orangotang and the rapper is said to be paid in an undisclosed amount of dollars. The package, we learn, is to include a tour around a number of European countries whose details are still being finalised.

The popular award winning rapper also received another award recently in Ibadan and then had the rare privilege of having an award christened after him elsewhere in Ibadan.

The rapper who is currently on tour with Star Trek after successfully hosting Star Quest—Nigerian Breweries PLC’s singing talent hunt show, and compering the official media launch of MTN’s second edition of Project Fame is head over heels at the moment for all of these happenings.
Away in Ibadan, rapper Ruggedman received the ‘Dream Come True Well Done Award’, a trophy specifically awarded to people who have become icons in their field and are generally admired for their accomplished feats in their field(s) of endeavour. It was presented to the rapper by Jazzy B, host of ‘Dream Come true’; a popular talk show aired on local stations in Ibadan and Mnet.

In the same vein, students of the University of Ibadan have decided to name the ‘Most Talented Award’- to be given out in the first ever students’ award night in the university’s history- after Ruggedman. It is christened ‘the Ugochukwu Stephens Ruggedman Award’.

The University of Ibadan Students Award is designed to encourage students in their academic pursuits and extra curricular activities and to discourage social vices on campus.

To show support and appreciation, the rapper has vowed to be present at the ceremony as he recognises the honour to be a first in Nigeria- ‘when an award is named after an artist’.

Additionally, news has it that Ruggedman is about to shoot another video for his next, third and last album. It will be directed by Dede Oji; the same who was behind the ‘Banging’ video which is getting rotation on Tv stations nationwide, in Europe and the internet.
So don’t be surprised when you buy the Nokia 5800 Xpress music phone and you find Ruggedman’s “Club Rugged” as one of the ring tones. grin cheesy wink shocked cool tongue
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by rapjunkie(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
E be like say Ruggedman is raking in the money . . . . . . . . . . .is he the most commercially successful rapper in Naija EVER?

I wonder what java, khanye and mode9 will make of this . . . . .

Somebody said that rugged does 'illegal' business to get money. . . . . . . .I don't think so
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by javalove(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2009
rapjunkie:

E be like say Ruggedman is raking in the money . . . . . . . . . . .is he the most commercially successful rapper in Naija EVER?

I wonder what java, khanye and mode9 will make of this . . . . .

Somebody said that rugged does 'illegal' business to get money. . . . . . . .I don't think so

i was d person dat said it . . . and i can say it anywhere

what wud i make of it . . nuffing at least d money is not entering my pocket

it doesnt stop him from bein g wack!!!
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by dammiecool(m): 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
I gat ur jaws/
dropin with evry move
I make U wishing its urs/

Rugged too Much wink wink
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by rapjunkie(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2009
javalove:

i was d person dat said it . . . and i can say it anywhere

what wud i make of it . . nuffing at least d money is not entering my pocket

it doesnt stop him from bein g wack!!!

C'mon java, he can't be that wack if nokia are paying him 'millions' and he is doing all this stuff for NBL e.t.c
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by dammiecool(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2009
@rap
Dont mind d goat e no go ever hear word
if he say Rugged is wack then modef9 baboontunde is wacker n we go promote am to wackest grin grin
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by eldee(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
How can you guys be this blind?? This is illegal money!!!
He scammed Nokia to get the deal . . . grin grin

Wait till our resident FBI agent . . . Uncle Sege snakes him out!!!
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by rapjunkie(m): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2009
eldee:

grin LMAO!!!
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by tosinaded(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2009
jave just keep making a fool of urself all over nairaland undecided
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by dammiecool(m): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2009
;d ;d
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by javalove(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
tosinaded@:

jave just keep making a fool of urself all over nairaland undecided

so far NL doesnt belong to anyone from ur family , i think i m at liberty to say what i like. . .

and i still hold on to my statemenr . . rug head man is a fradster and into drugs!!!
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by dammiecool(m): 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
in ya dreams cheesy
olodo roboto grin
Re: Ruggedman Lands In ‘nokia Millions’ by chrisical(m): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2009
eldee:

You de hungry.

I make money from my naija hiphop/
Your are a broke ass and ur album is flipflop

(1) (Reply)

Timaya And Graffiti / Naomi Campbell Allegedly Assaults Driver, Flees / Nicki Minaj Is Pregnant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.