Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Plot Of Judas And The Recent Nullification Of Elections In Rivers State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Plot Of Judas And The Recent Nullification Of Elections In Rivers State. (386 Views)

Ibrahm Magu & Judas Iscariot Advert On ThisDay Newspaper (Photo) / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Plot Of Judas And The Recent Nullification Of Elections In Rivers State. by joshuasamuel: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2015
The Plot Of Judas And The Recent Nullification of Elections In Rivers State.

The news of yesterday's nullification came as a shock and great surprise to me and many others in Rivers State, however, as a gentleman refined in the judiciary process, I join to say " as the Court pleases"

The last general election came with lots of intrigues, lessons and hopes. My decision to vote for GEJ and the PDP was borne out of a plethora of reasons, though GEJ tried in his first tenure as President of Nigeria, my support for the PDP was not because the PDP has superlatively "bettered" our lives.
Having resided at the heart of the North, I could to a large extent decipher their pulse and heart beat. Their support for PMB was not also because they believed he was Nigeria's mesiah. The North would have supported any other northerner and ensured power moved from the south to themselves. It was a force. A strong movement being propagated and nurtured all over the North. No wonder most of the northern even in PDP worked for and voted the APC. It is no longer news that the north believes that they are the best and only fit to rule and manage Nigeria. Most northerners then would reject the new centenary one hundred Naira bill ascribing it as " Jonathan's money" more because there was no Arabic inscription on the bill unlike Nigeria's other money bills.
Back home, the emotions were higher, with the "judas phenomenon" a fine plot of south south betrayal, greed, avarice and enemity. They told us there was a certain Judas but failed to identify him to us hence made voting PDP a must choice. It was a vote against Judas.Many would have voted for even Rev. Chris Okotie of the Fresh party than supporting APC which was depicted to be against our brother GEJ. Since Dakuku was in APC, he was painted to be the Judas or his brother or even his friend. The closure of the Courts in Rivers State was also attributed to the Judas story, thus many emotion and vote went for the PDP. I joined in the campaigns offline and online. Meetings and meetings. My knowledge of the new media was deployed for this purpose. The outcome of the elections is not news to us.
However, contrary to our expectations, most of the PDP candidates turned a new leaf after the annoucemet of the elections result. They have won their election and so the welfare and interest of the people that voted them comes to no issue. Thinking that they would only need the people again in the next four years, sadly the courts have spoken otherwise. I remember making an enquiry to a certain politician through facebook only for me to get a response that he does not communicate through facebook but that same Politician during the pre election days sent messages severally appealing for support through the same facebook.
Gov. Wike is performing though he can do better. His opening of Rivers Courts remains a sterling achievement of his administration. His drive in theconstruction of roads is admirable but he must ensure that thedividends of democracy go round Rivers state. The style of construction giant patching road in Port Harcourt City and Obio\Akpor LGA at great expense of the state while roads in other areas in worse situation is begging for attention is discouraging. There is presently no road leading to Etche as the Etche/ Igwruta road is in its worse state. The appointment so far is lopsided. What is the place of Omuma and Etche LGA's in Rivers State? We have no appointment so far except the statutory commisionership". Some policies of the Rivers government has come to be anti people. If the government can borrow money to patch roads, I wonder why she would choose to abandone her children abroad to be deported for lack of funds. Has the government considered the psychological implication of this on those kids?

Senator Thompson George has been representing my people in the Senate since 1999, what has Omuma and Etche benefitted from him? What is the antecedent of his alternative in the APC?

Not that the fellows in APC are better, afterall former Gov. Amaechi accumulated most of the huge bill owed in respect of the Rivers government sponsored overseas scholarship. Gov. Amaechi took the kids abroad and himself did abandon them over there.
As we prepare for the re run. Our eyes are open. GEJ is no longer contesting with a northerner. It is Rivers people against Rivers People. This time, no " judas" sentiment can take our emotions. Rivers people would not even vote for political party but individuals. We now know better and we shall pay back every politician accordingly. Whether in PDP or in APC, your personality would speak for you.

(1) (Reply)

"Confidently Announce" Who Still Remembers That Sentence? / Petrol May Sell Below N87/litre Next Year –nnpcminister Of State For Petroleum R / Nigerian Female V/s Nigerian Male Politicians Which Is More Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.