Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency (2203 Views)

Buhari Will Step On Toes, Big Fat Toes & Heavens Will Not Fall: Lauretta Onochie / Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina / Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by justiz5(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Anti-graft war: Buhari ready to step on toes – Presidency
[/size]

President Muhammadu Buhari is ready to step on big toes in the ongoing anti-corruption campaign in the country, the Presidency said on Friday.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, stated this at the opening of a three-day workshop organised for State House correspondents in Kaduna.

The workshop which is organized by the Presidency is titled: “Journalism and the change mantra, State House in focus.”

Shehu urged the press to help the government win the ongoing war against corruption.

He said, “President Buhari has embarked on an anti-corruption campaign that is bound to offend many. Big toes will be stepped on, personal interests will be cast aside. As the popular saying goes, when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.

“Yes, anti-corruption is a war. And the press can help President Muhammadu Buhari to win that war. You are one of the government’s most lethal weapons in this battle against the forces that aim to pull down Nigeria.

“The power of the media, if they have any power at all lies in their ability to expose wrong-doing. This power of exposure is a far more effective deterrent in many countries, including our own, than the court systems that deliver judgment and not necessarily justice.

“If they know that that they will be exposed, many crimes will not happen and herein lies the challenge of the media under Buhari’s administration.

“Use your power to expose wrong-doing, the days of impunity are gone. This is the best way to help the change, now that we have a government with the will and capacity to right all wrongs. But ensure accuracy and the sanctity of the truth.”
[/b]
http://thenationonlineng.net/anti-graft-war-buhari-ready-to-step-on-toes-presidency/

CC: OAM4J, Mynd44

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by terzurum5(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
I would love someone to help me asks this man if he is sure of what he is saying.
For me I have lost my peace with him already. The Military, The Nigerian Police Force and other laws enforcement agencies within the Nigerian territory are still into their usual N50, N100, N200 extortions on the our roads. A trend I felt should end by now, looking at the seriousness with which PMB and co promised us CHANGE during campaigns.
@Meriekriss I have a lot to say. But I must drop them once at a time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Meriekriss: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
ok ooo..All this statements from the presidency soon Adeshina will release his own contradicting this one..Lets hear from Buhari himself more na...Or cant he talk? The only time we hear from Buhari is when he is abroad talking to the international community or when he is been interviewed in Hausa by BBC Hausa..
If they have to step on toes to fix this country let them do..I hope Tinubu, Amaechi and Atiku's toes are among and not just PDP people..

Check my Signature for your total interior decor solutions..We are currently running a promo now...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
OK
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by redsconsult(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
ghen ghen ....round one fight....
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
It is only in Nigeria, under Goodluck Jonathan that billions of naira will be given out through the office of an NSA for 'spiritual' purposes...Soldiers die everyday, people loose homes n loved one everyday in the NE, n yet the money meant for weapons was siphoned into pockets of hopeless n greedy politicians..Is ONSA an arm of the PDP? Why is it that it was the ONSA that was responsible for paying Dokpesi 2.1 billion for PDP's campaign?...Why did the NSA give Barafarawa over 4billion for 'spiritual purposes' abi na spirits de fight BH?...People who wanted Jonathan to come back to power were people who wanted to cover their tracks n a few stupiid masses who r blinded by tribalism n religion......PMB step on any motherfuckka who stole our money..Majority of Nigerians r solidly behind you...

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Baba ahead a head, we dey your back. You can start with Obasanjo, follow by him ogbonge second, Alh. Atiku Abubakar, then the rest, .............Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and his crew will always be normal customers gringrin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Meriekriss: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
terzurum5:

Just book space when you have nothing to say...Apali.. grin
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Khd95(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Man wey sabi,man of d pple,man wey no send any baga,man wey gallant
sai baba,step on toes,if they complain,plank their heads with ur cow stick.

Nigerians are behind ucheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Meriekriss: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
terzurum5:
I would love someone to help me asks this man if he is sure of what he is saying.
For me I have lost my peace with him already. The Military, The Nigerian Police Force and other laws enforcement agencies within the Nigerian territory are still into their usual N50, N100, N200 extortions on the our roads. A trend I felt should end by now, looking at the seriousness with which PMB and co promised us CHANGE during campaigns.

Lols....Please do oo

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by HtwoOw: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
PMB

I will vote for you again and again as long as you are still interested in running this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by justiz5(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
KingEli:
It is only in Nigeria, under Goodluck Jonathan that billions of naira will be given out through the office of an NSA for 'spiritual' purposes...Soldiers die everyday, people loose homes n loved one everyday in the NE, n yet the money meant for weapons was siphoned into pockets of hopeless n greedy politicians..Is ONSA an arm of the PDP? Why is it that it was the ONSA that was responsible for paying Dokpesi 2.1 billion for PDP's campaign?...Why did the NSA give Barafarawa over 4billion for 'spiritual purposes' abi na spirits de fight BH?...People who wanted Jonathan to come back to power were people who wanted to cover their tracks n a few stupiid masses who r blinded by tribalism n religion......PMB step on any motherfuckka who stole our money..Majority of Nigerians r solidly behind you...

God bless Nigeria

With all these allegations of looting the nation's treasury, they still had the gods to tell us yesterday that 'they do not have money to complete their secretariat', maybe tomorrow they may cry out that 'they do not have money to feed their famililies'.

It's an indirect way of confessing that since the new government came in place, they have not had that same opportunity to loot and rape the treasury.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by richidinho(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
all na wash

if IBB cough now, hin go shiver
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by terzurum5(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
Meriekriss:

Lols....Please do oo
I also love to ask PMB if I get to meet him one on one or any medium, if am very sure of his audience that, 'why has he allowed a wider gap between the people and his government?'

From my observation, I have noticed that PMB is the only person in this APC Ship that is sincerely ready for the CHANGE. The rest of the people seem to be very unconcerned with the whole thing, especially the Governors. He has to sound it very deep into their ears that its either they surrender to good governance and corrupt free government or face same sanctions.

His Governors are not working, not knowing that they are closer to the people more than the President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by OLADD: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
But toes are of different sizes. I guess Amaechi, Fashola Kwankwasso and other APC stalwart's toes are bigger than those of Deziani, Dokpesi, Dasuki and other opposition elements. Hypocrisy at its best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by justiz5(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
richidinho:
all na wash

How and why
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by omolami: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
SURELY BUHARI KNOWS THE CONSEQUENCE AND MUST BE PREPARED FOR IT.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by terzurum5(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
richidinho:
all na wash

The moment PMB declared that he was not going to probe past leaders (i.e from Yaradua/Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo backward, I knew he was being economical with the truth and realities of time.

PMB is not serious with his anti-graft war.
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by terzurum5(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
OLADD:
But toes are of different sizes. I guess Amaechi, Fashola Kwankwasso and other APC stalwart's toes are bigger than those of Deziani, Dokpesi, Dasuki and other opposition elements. Hypocrisy at its best.
Bitter truth gringrin
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
Don't step on toes.Follow the constitution in prosecuting corruption.Including your political party.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
There is epileptic power supply.You are not using your body language to effect change anymore.

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by OLADD: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
KingEli:

God bless Nigeria

Stop this campaign of calumny against Jonathan. Nobody says corruption should not be fought but let us desist from politicking in the name of fighting corruption. The funds allocated to the office of NSA were not meant solely for Arms Purchase or fight against insurgency. Aside national security the NSA performs other functions as assigned by the president. Let Amaechi, Fashola, Aregbesola, Kwankwasso, Ajimobi and other APC governors swear if all their security votes were spent entirely on protection of lives and property. Part of APC State governors' Security votes were spent on Buhari's campaigns .The president is only playing to the gallery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
Big toes indeed
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
terzurum5:
U always display your ignorance publicly. What stop Jonathan from probing his predecessors? Bloody Tanoid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Opinedecandid(m): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
Including the toes of Amaechi, Obasanjo, Fayose, Tinubu, Fayemi.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Aromas: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
Make he even step on eyes

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
OLADD:

Stop this campaign of calumny against Jonathan. Nobody says corruption should not be fought but let's us desist from politicking in the name of fighting corruption. The funds allocated to the office of NSA were not meant solely for Arms Purchase or fight against insurgency. Aside national security the NSA performs other functions as assigned by the president. Let Amaechi, Fashola, Aregbesola, Kwankwasso, Ajimobi and other APC governors swear if all their security votes were spent entirely on protection of lives and property. Part of APC State governors' Security votes were spent on Buhari's campaigns .The president is only playing to the gallery.

The money was meant for Spiritual purposes and Goodluck's campaign adverts.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by terzurum5(m): 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
topeayan:
U always display your ignorance publicly. What stop Jonathan from probing his predecessors? Bloody Tanoid
I laugh but not at you, but at your thinking!!! How I wish you exhausted your alternatives before choosing that thinking model you just exhibited.

I have supported and loved "PMB before I was born" and I am not ready to stop doing that. I have always pitched my tent with the opposition before I was conceived.
So on what bases did come to the 'black' conclusion that I am a bloody Tanoid

I demand for no apology!!! I rather pray that you desist from the ugly practice of calling people WAILERS OR TANOIDS just because once in a while, they decided to eco their views in an objective and unbiased manner, which may not always be in tandem with your expectations.

Am not the type of follower that sings praises for my Mentors even when I know am not in tune with what they display.

Have a good day and God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by chukslawrence(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Coming
Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by justiz5(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
chukslawrence:
Coming
We are patiently waiting for you bro.

Arranges my sitbelt and sips Zobo while waiting for Chikslawrence

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
terzurum5:

what are you talking about because adongerrit.

the war against corruption is everybody's fight.

take a picture of the police taking bribe or video and paste online.

buhari can't do everything

2 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Buhari Ready To Step On Toes – Presidency by Nelkoko: 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
If he cant step on IBB,OBJ n ABDULSALAMS TOES den he is a coward...na Jonathan him power reach
justiz5:

http://thenationonlineng.net/anti-graft-war-buhari-ready-to-step-on-toes-presidency/

CC: OAM4J, Mynd44

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Obama And The Looming 2016 Pogrom In Nigeria By Benjamin Nwosu / Breaking News: Apc Election Malpractice / LIVE UPDATES: Rivers State Election Rerun Results (#riversrerun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.