Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

The Bible's Opinion About Rape (controversial) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible's Opinion About Rape (controversial) (595 Views)

Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bible's Opinion About Rape (controversial) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
In the book of Deuteronomy 22:28-29, " If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."
Here God commanded that any young girl that's raped, her rapist must pay some fine to her parents then, marry that girl.
What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? You can only see such command in the holy Bible. Yet, the Bible is touted as a book of morals by many.
In our present world, rape is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. Yet few people know that the Bible often condones and even approves of rape. How anyone can get their moral guidance from a book that allows rape escapes me.
Perhaps these sets of believers have been lied to about the Bible or they simply ignore those rape command because its doesn't favour them and carefully detoured around all the nasty stuff in the Bible.
In the book of judges 21:10-24, you'd see that God commanded the Israelite to kill an entire town but said virgin women should be spared as a war bounty. This women were raped severally by the Israelite after they won the war and God saw nothing wrong in raping young innocent girls whose parents, brothers and friends were killed in cold blood.
How can anyone see this and claim that we can fetch morals in the Bible is still unbelievable. If you are a woman reading this post, put yourself in this young innocent girls shoes and tell me how you'd feel if you are being shared as a war bounty and raped severally that's after seeing your loved ones murdered by your rapist. What will you do?
Also in Numbers 31:7-18, God approved of rape. How then do you expect I go on my kneel and worship this God that support raping of girls.?
In 2 Samuel 12:11-13, "Thus says the Lord: I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down."
This Bible verse is completely insane and barbaric to sane minds.
God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? This is sick, I mean really sick.!!!
So much morals is truly in the Bible. - Edward Ezekiel
Re: The Bible's Opinion About Rape (controversial) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Last Days
Re: The Bible's Opinion About Rape (controversial) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Have u finished? Well u ve chosen to quote scriptures superficially to buttress ur point. But on second look, u re completely wrong!

The first point; Deu 22:28-29. Even in modern society, we know how people stigmatize rape victim. Most people won't feel comfortable marrying someone who's been raped. Back then virginity was considered important. And if a girl was married and later found out not to be a virgin before marriage, she could be stoned to death. No in such a society, who would marry a lady who's been violated. Out of consideration, God made to law as a punishment for the offender and a protection for the victim. What u failed to note is that, the parents of the girl had a right to decide if he marries the girl or not even after paying the bride price. Ex. 22:16,17.

2 point: that scriptures in Judges 21:10-24 does say that people were raped as spoils of war. A background info would shed more light. From chapter 19 we read of an abomination committed by the Benjamites. The city raped the wife of a levite we stopped at their city to pass the night. Chapter 20 tells us of how the the rest of the Israelites warred against their brother Benjamin because of this and after suffering 2 defeat finally wiped the entire city leaving just a handful of men. They swore that no Israelite should give Benjamin a wife from among their daughters. In chapter 21, after the remaining tribes of Israel felt pity for their brother Benjamin, they offered them a lifeline and asked them to wage war against a city and carry off their virgins as wife, sinve they couldn't get wives anywhere else, so that their lineage would be wipe out. There was no command by God for the isrealite to rape women whom they captured during wars.

The last scripture was the punishment God passed on David for sleeping with the wife of Uriah and murdering her husband. God told him that although his sin was committed in secret that someone else would sleep with his wives in public. and that prophecy fulfilled when David's son Absalom, slept with his fathers wives before all Israel in effort to establish himself as king while his father was alive. It was no command from God for people to rape other people's wives.

Just don't expose ur ignorance and ur inability to read a book before condemning it. U know nothing about God!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Another Prophet Predicts Plots To Kill Buhari, saraki / Deliverance Through Prayer / Pastot E.A ADEBOYE Live In FUTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.