Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil (1361 Views)

Tooth Decay And Cavities / Medical Consultants, Senior Doctors Cry Out Over Decay In UBTH Equipment (pics) / Infrastructural Decay In University Of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by abat4real37(f): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Dental caries or tooth decay is a very common problem for adults and children these days.Our food habits are such that they include a wide variety of junk food and super rich carbohydrates.
Coconut oil has been in use since ancient times for a wide variety of reasons, primarily for good hair growth. However, this oil has its use in dental care also. Traditionally referred to as "oil pulling", the technique requires you to swish the oil inside your mouth for a few minutes and spit it out when it turns milky white. The longer you push and pull the oil in the mouth, the more microbes are released free.
Coconut oil has effect on bacteria when used as a mouth rinse or as a natural toothpaste. Streptococcus bacteria, a common inhabitant of the human mouth, is responsible for most of the damage and decay of teeth. Researchers have conducted a series of tests that support theantibacterial qualities of coconut oilagainst strains of Streptococci.

Benefits of Coconut Oil:

Benefits of coconut oil include combating the following dental problems.

*. Halitosis(bad breath).
*.Reduces gingivitis (swelling of gums).
*.Makes it easier to use floss between the teeth for removal of food particles.
Mechanism of Action:
Most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell. These cells are covered with a lipid (fat) layer which when comes into contact with oil in the mouth; adheres to it. So, microorganisms get washed away easily.

Oil Pulling Technique:
*.Swish a teaspoonful of oil for 10-20 minutes and spit it when it turns milky white.
*.Do not swallow.
*.You can start with small amounts for a few minutes (around 5 minutes) initially and then increase the time gradually.

*.There are no side effects.

https://www.icliniq.com/health-articles/health-topics/dental-oral-health/prevent-tooth-decay-with-coconut-oil?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9588096909

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by INTERMAN: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2015
are u a dental student or a dentist? @ op
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by INTERMAN: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2015
are u a dental student or a dentist? @ op abat4real37
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by abat4real37(f): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
INTERMAN:
are u a dental student or a dentist? @ op abat4real37
I'm a patient
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by INTERMAN: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
abat4real37:
I'm a patient
ok
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by LadyJul(f): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
abat4real37:
Dental caries or tooth decay is a very common problem for adults and children these days.Our food habits are such that they include a wide variety of junk food and super rich carbohydrates.
Coconut oil has been in use since ancient times for a wide variety of reasons, primarily for good hair growth. However, this oil has its use in dental care also. Traditionally referred to as "oil pulling", the technique requires you to swish the oil inside your mouth for a few minutes and spit it out when it turns milky white. The longer you push and pull the oil in the mouth, the more microbes are released free.
Coconut oil has effect on bacteria when used as a mouth rinse or as a natural toothpaste. Streptococcus bacteria, a common inhabitant of the human mouth, is responsible for most of the damage and decay of teeth. Researchers have conducted a series of tests that support theantibacterial qualities of coconut oilagainst strains of Streptococci.

Benefits of Coconut Oil:

Mechanism of Action:
Most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell. These cells are covered with a lipid (fat) layer which when comes into contact with oil in the mouth; adheres to it. So, microorganisms get washed away easily.

Oil Pulling Technique:
*.Swish a teaspoonful of oil for 10-20 minutes and spit it when it turns milky white.
*.Do not swallow.
*.You can start with small amounts for a few minutes (around 5 minutes) initially and then increase the time gradually.

https://www.icliniq.com/health-articles/health-topics/dental-oral-health/prevent-tooth-decay-with-coconut-oil?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9588096909
please where can I get this coconut oil from... pls I need u to tell me so dat I won't buy the wrong one
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by LadyJul(f): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
abat4real37:
Coconut oil has been in use since ancient times for a wide variety of reasons, primarily for good hair grown h. However, this oil has its use in dental care also. Traditionally referred to as "oil pulling", the technique requires you to swish the oil inside your mouth for a few minutes and spit it out when it turns milky white. The longer you push and pull the oil in the mouth, the more microbes are released free.

Benefits of Coconut Oil:

Mechanism of Action:

Oil Pulling Technique:
*.Do not swallow.

please where can I get this coconut oil from... pls I need u to tell me so dat I won't buy the wrong one
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by abat4real37(f): 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
LadyJul:
where are you.
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by Chickychic(f): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
LadyJul:

Dear lady Jul,

If you need coconut oil please let me knw because I make it and it is affordable. It is hand made by me no artificial colours or stuffs like dat
Jst pure coconut oil is what I do.

If you are interested, whatapp me on 08065250319
Re: Prevent Tooth Decay With Coconut Oil by researchwork: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2016
thank you for your wonderful contribution.

for more in information on Microorganisms Associated With Dental Caries In Patients you need to read this research work.http://www.projectandresearchwork.com/134-2/

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Need Herbal/native Cure For Pile/hemorrhoid. The Pain Is Killing Me / These Fruits Can Make You Last Longer In Bed / Coronavirus: Bodies Of The Dead Stored In Churches As Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.