Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

Why Is Lagos State Unplanned? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos State Unplanned? (513 Views)

Niger-delta's Loss Is Lagos State's Gain. / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Lagos State Unplanned? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2015
Lagos state is unplanned, take it or leave it. indiscriminate building of houses resulting to confused street layouts and a thousand street closes. My question is why? I know lagos is not left out but hers is worst, I mean it is too much. How did it get to this stage, a stage that can never be reversed else billions upon billions will be spent on compensation before demolition.

She is called africa bigs apple just because of population, environmental wise, she is Africa's malformed apple. There are virtually no trees or green medians, little or no planned parks, everywhere is concrete and yet little or no effort is made to enforce greenery in residential areas.The streets adjoining the epe expressway at the roundabouts is an eye sore, wide at the entrance but narrow and very narrow as you go in making navigation uneasy when there is an incoming vehicle. This is the situation of some streets dotting the mainland and island.

I think the problem is the indiscriminate selling of land by omoniles with no planning due to greed , lagos alone isn't left out, The whole of nigeria is unplanned with the exemption of abuja and some south eastern states and northern states too but Southwest as a whole suffers from this environmental malfunction more.
Re: Why Is Lagos State Unplanned? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Lagos is a big getto visit apapa on wed days to see madness just to manage port and traffic africans cant plenty brain but anit working plenty phd by nigerian but cant think of how to create a scene eviroment .everwhere is human poo burning toxic tyre around ijora europens on okada on one way lagos is an indictment on black race

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos State Unplanned? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2015
Alikote:
Lagos is a big getto visit apapa on wed days to see madness just to manage port and traffic africans cant plenty brain but anit working plenty phd by nigerian but cant think of how to create a scene eviroment .everwhere is human poo burning toxic tyre around ijora europens on okada on one way lagos is an indictment on black race

Too bad my brother, sometimes I wish she wasn't in this sorry state. Most african cities are far far better than ours And yet we be africa giant, Africa's big Apple, I hate the deciet we bring upon ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki, Jonathan, Sambo And Others Should Face Qurán Surah Al Maida Chapter 5:38 / Dont Let Anybody Use YOU Because Of Dansuki Trial / Kanu’s Detention: Rights Group Drags Justice Ademola To NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.