Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry (589 Views)

I Will Keep Doing Music, Na My Kidney Don Pass – Efe Money Shades Haters / People Doing Music Now Are Yahoo & Drug Boys, Baba Fryo Fires / People Doing Music Now Are Yahoo & Drug Boys - Baba Fryo Fires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry by Vabadonsblog(m): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
Baba Fryo who reigned in the Music Industry during the 90s while speaking with Saturday beats said he didn't just live the music industry because of frustration but left because the system changed as raw talent is currently not found in the industry again but Yahoo/drug boys doing music.

“There was no time I left music, but the system has changed. At present, we don’t have raw talents in the music industry; people doing music now are the ‘Yahoo’ and drug boys. They took over the industry.

A ‘Yahoo boy’ can just enter the studio because music is easy now unlike before when you would have to pass through many processes to release a song. Then you would sing from the beginning of that track till the end, but they cut corners nowadays which also explains why their songs don’t last more than six months. When they play some of my songs like Denge Pose and Notice Me, people still dance to them and remember the lyrics. Many things have changed.

“It is not true that I quit music out of frustration. It can never be so. When I was growing up in Ajegunle, I became used to gossips. I cannot be moved by dirty talks because I have been hearing it all my life, especially when my music was famous. I am not the only artiste that has gone silent over the years; we have many but I am not willing to mention names. If they said I left music out of frustration, they should describe frustration. If I was frustrated out of music, I would tell people myself.”

Baba Fryo said that to keep body and soul together, he became involved in land speculation despite the fact that he is from Delta State.

“I am still doing my music obviously; I go to shows. Also, it is not only Yoruba who are land speculators (Omo Onile) in Lagos. I collect my entitlements too, I sell lands. It does not matter that I am from Delta.

Was I born in Delta? I was born and bred here, so I have the right to collect entitlement. I have lived in Lagos all my life,” he said.

Source: http://www.vabadon.com/2015/12/people-doing-music-now-are-yahoodrug.html?m=1

Re: People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry by Luizkid(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
if u wan b my friend, u better stop kuru kere movement.... Dem go dey waka kuru kere go dey pose.. Chai it haf tey ooo
Re: People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry by floragregs(f): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Dem go dey pose, dem go dey denge denge. Babies on Nairaland won't know him.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Look At Dat? Ruggedman Tries To Promote His Song While Defending Linda / Top 5 Celebrity Look That Slayed 2015 / Forget About Olamide & Don Jazzy Beef, Eva Get Engaged That Same Night (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.