Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,031 members, 7,835,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Who Owns The Goat? - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Who Owns The Goat? (37952 Views)

Who Owns The Banana????????? / Meet "Junior",the Goat That Loves Drinking Beer / Goat Eats Man's Food As He Answers Call (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by symbianDON(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
singing in micheal jackson's voice....."people can't you see
it belongs to meeeee
these two are confused
the goat is mine grin "
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Technically, the seller still owns the goat.

The transaction is not yet completed. So the buyer is not yet the owner.

So the seller will have to pay the buyer back his money or offer the goat as a consolation.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by moredollar(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=40934126]LOL. This case is complex. But logically considering the price of a goat, the goat can't possibly eat all the money in the Buyer's hand unless it is N5000 note. And even if is 5k note the buyer will notice immediately before the goat chew it no matter how distracted(Nna this is money we are talking about). So this scenario is purely fictional and unrealistic, It doesn't deserves any opinion.[/quote

No need for grammar, just assume that it happened and give ur opinion. That's all.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Endtime goats
the person that posted this pics needs to be flogged, so this where I send u to buy food and u went on animal discovery.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by PLANETMARS(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
Okeyson4wisdom:
the person that posted this pics needs to be flogged, so this where I send u to buy food and u went on animal discovery.
lol
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Boyooosa(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
LOL. This case is complex. But logically considering the price of a goat, the goat can't possibly eat all the money in the Buyer's hand unless it is N5000 note. And even if is 5k note the buyer will notice immediately before the goat chew it no matter how distracted(Nna this is money we are talking about). So this scenario is purely fictional and unrealistic, It doesn't deserves any opinion.
Instead of u responding dis way, u would av answered d question directly or ask of d year dat the event took place. May in the era of tafawa balewa when 1goat is equal to 5 naira or in the reign of Herbert Macaulay when it is equal to 1 naira. Bro, breathe again.

2 Likes

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Boyooosa:

Instead of u responding dis way, u would av answered d question directly or ask of d year dat the event took place. May in the era of tafawa balewa when 1goat is equal to 5 naira or in the reign of Herbert Macaulay when it is equal to 1 naira. Bro, breathe again.
Come on, Don't tell me you believe this event did occurred.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Boyooosa(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Come on, Don't tell me you believe this event did occurred.
U no dry listen to African tales when u dey small... Story, story - story! Once upon a time - time, time! So y do I need to believe d story na, just fun now.... U can answer d question now, Abi ?
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Boyooosa(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
D case won b like person wey robbers collect money wey he won deposit for bank inside bank, who owns d liability? Him or bank?
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by lyricalz: 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
For a market deal 2 take place there must be xchange, since dis is no xchange, d seller owns the goat. The buyer dulled himself 2 allow his money 2 b eaten.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Oyansco(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
HARD ANALYSIS:
Divide your SALARY by 30 days and see what you get (i.e. the number of days in a month and see the funny thing about your salary plan).
For example:

(1) An average level-12 worker in the state government civil service earns NGN 60,000.
*** And this translates to NGN 60,000÷30= NGN 2,000 every day. This is LESS THAN the amount made daily by an AVERAGE HAWKER in the city.

(2) A freshly EMPLOYED GRADUATE BANKER in most NIGERIAN BANKS earns an average of NGN120,000 monthly.
*** So everyday, you get NGN120,000÷30= NGN4,000 as the daily value for your work-life. By implication, this is LESS THAN the amount earned DAILY by an AVERAGE DRIVER in the city and in some villages.

(3) If you are a FRESH GRADUATE EMPLOYEE in some oil companies, you earn an average of NGN300,000 monthly. So in a day your WORK-VALUE is NGN300,000 ÷ 30= NGN10,000
*** This is LESS THAN the daily amount earned by an IRRIGATION FARMER supplying vegetables to Lagos MARKETS, a TIPPER DRIVER supplying sand for three BLOCK INDUSTRIES and CONSTRUCTION SITES just 3 times a day and DRIVERS of DANGOTE TRUCKS who have bought off the trucks at scrap value and are using them to convey products between villages and the cities for just five business owners.
--------->>>HOPE BY NOW, IT IS SINKING IN, RIGHT?
And when there is an ISSUE in the FAMILY that requires FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, the DRIVERS, HAWKERS and the rest are looking up to you with a WHITE COLLAR JOB.

(4) If you are an NYSC MEMBER, you DON'T need to be told that:
*****NGN19,800÷30 = NGN 660 is your worth on a daily basis.
I hope you know that PURE WATER SELLERS who own a shop, a pepper soup joint and a small TOYOTA COROLLA car to distribute pure water to five restaurants earn MORE THAN you & WHEEL-BARROW PUSHERS working on contract for three warehouses probably make MORE MONEY than you EACH DAY
We shouldn't end at satisfactions from these earn
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by miftaudeen(m): 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
the buyer owns the goat, so far they have agreed and the property of the seller took off the consideration. is either the seller pays back the money or leaves the goat for the buyer
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
I didnt read the story but i know that PDP owns the goat that ate our yam. period.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Jephz(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
they should both share d goat
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by frankcell(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
The seller offcourse

Cos the buyer never give him money
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
The blow way I go give the goat go return nightmare for that goat. I go even use compass for mathematical set chook am join. Wetin chop my money?
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Dklef(m): 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
The goat owns the two of 'em
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by akigbemaru: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Goat sex on car
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by linnyx: 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Haba, no neither seller nor buyer owns the goat. The 'smart goat' chewed its way to freedom

1 Like

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by shubs(f): 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
na d seller owns d goat transaction never complete. or better still make dem use am do asun chop to bring peace :Pna d seller owns d goat transaction never complete. or better still make dem use am do asun chop to bring peace
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by ChrisHandsome999(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Endtime goats

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by newpisces: 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
LOL. This case is complex. But logically considering the price of a goat, the goat can't possibly eat all the money in the Buyer's hand unless it is N5000 note. And even if is 5k note the buyer will notice immediately before the goat chew it no matter how distracted(Nna this is money we are talking about). So this scenario is purely fictional and unrealistic, It doesn't deserves any opinion.

Where is your sense of humour, it's obviously a story on a light mood.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by BlackHummer(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
Collateral damage. They should kill the goat and share the meat.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by BlackHummer(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
newpisces:

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
newpisces:

I know the story is on a light mood that's why i started with a laugh and then i proceed with my opinion on the topic. Do you know what LOL means? Besides what is your own opinion or are you just here to read and criticized people comments?
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by lopsoj(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
MrImole:
Story! story!!

in line with the story, the seller still owns the goat since the buyer has not given the seller the money before end time goat chop money finish, but think oh, d money na grass, eran iya oshogbo part 2
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by preetyb(f): 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Money not given is money not taken. In other words since the seller has not receive the money yet the money is still the buyers' therefore anything that happens to the money remains the business of the buyer.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns The Goat? by cy22me(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Na for Ghana dis 1 happen
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Chucks1989(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
the Goat is a free agent. they should free the animal, it doesn't wanna be sold nor go back to its master.
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by LeoFish92(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kgdavid:
Not only does the seller completely retain ownership of his goat, he does not have to pay a dime in compensation for the money eaten by said goat. I believe the man with the money is guilty of contributory/participatory negligence for allowing the goat to eat his money, which could have been easily prevented had he been more careful, knowing full well that it is the nature of goats to eat such things as paper and other assorted objects.

Furthermore, the buyer approached the seller, and by so doing deliberately and consciously, put himself and his belongs at exposure to the misbehavior of the goat, which misbehavior is actually the nature of the creature and was to be expected. It must be noted that unruly behavior on the part of the goat was duly mitigated against by the seller, who ostensibly must have contained his goat, since it is apparent from the narration that the goat was 1. taken to the market and since goats do not communicate in human languges, it must be assumed that some means of constraint was employed; 2. still constrained by such or other means upon arrival at the market as it had not strayed from it's owner as is in the nature of goats to do.

Furthermore, in accordance with the Law of Nigeria which states that the national currency is the property of the federal government and is not to be destroyed, the buyer is liable to face prosecution for failing to adequately discharge his duty of care.

This is topnotch intelligence, I wish I can Like your comment a million times
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by Smilingbob(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
Zaikon:
Both of them belongs to the GOAT

True talk na the goat get both of them, it depends on your understanding
Re: Who Owns The Goat? by kokorodudu(f): 12:06am On Dec 13, 2015
The seller still owns the mudarfwking goat
MrImole:
Story! story!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos Of Police Officers Caught Sleeping On Duty / Hilarious Picture Of A 'house' Tagged Not For Sale / When You Are The Director Of The Fight Against Yellow Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.