Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies (1786 Views)

'FG To Handover 23,000 Ghost Workers And Banks To Efcc'-finance Minister,adeosun / Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by SignalNG1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kingsley Kanayo

The federal government has indicated that 2016 will be a tough and difficult year for the country. Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, gave the indication at the opening of the 7th Annual Bankers Committee retreat yesterday in Lagos, noting that Nigeria was faced with some fairly significant micro-economic challenges that required some fiscal house-keeping.

“It is going to be tough and we are going to have to make extremely tough decision. We have got the resilience and space to do that,” she said.

Adeosun noted that the country fortunately has some head-room, as the debt to GDP ratio is at 12 percent and that gives some space to run a deficit budget with the specific objective of stimulating the economy.

“To do so, we need to do some fiscal housekeeping. We have to control the significant challenge we have around recurrent. If you look at recurrent at a percentage of our total budget with the just approved supplementary budget, it is about 90 percent. If we continue in that trajectory, every penny we borrow will go into recurrent,” she said.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/2016-will-be-tough-for-nigeria-finance-minister-adeosun-prophesies/

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by jaymejate: 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
[size=14pt]Aunty kemi shut up! na Amosun u think say you de work for? Better talk well and do well [/size]

1 Like

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by chris4gold(m): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
not for me and my household.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]Aunty kemi shut up! na Amosun u think say you de work for? Better talk well and do well [/size]

jaymejate shut up and brace yourself for 2016
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
Last Days prophetess of doom
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
chris4gold:
not for me and my household.
Typical 9ja mentality. I like hope too, heck i said same after reading the headline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by okosodo: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
cluelessness
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Imagine the sufferings we are experiencing now and we are being told that we are on suffering probation

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
jaymejate:
did you vote for Change?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by jaymejate: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
did you vote for Change?

[size=15pt]Nope, buh me i vote and collect change grin[/size]
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
jaymejate:

[size=15pt]Nope, buh me i vote and collect change grin[/size]
then you are Saved
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Vicadonis(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
You better fix it and stop prophesying rubbish....better still resign if you can't do the job...
Soludo be like, please resign Kemi, I need a job badly

1 Like

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Dannyset(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Same thing NOI said Dec 2014, and we are here strong, better than last year.
She has said hers too according to her knowledge and what is happening in the world. But I am certain that 2016 is going to be super excellent for me.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by suxkill: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
end time minister!!!

end time foreseer!!!

end time administration!!!

were are presently on changi,by next year we will enter dole!!!
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
2016 shall be very sweet and prosperous for me and my entire family in Jesus name, amen.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Episteme2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
These people should give us small ray of hope. Abeg!
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
We already know.
Because our EXPATRIATE president has decided to unleash mayhem on us.

U think it's easy to bear the name MINISTER FOR FINANCE not to talk of the name "COORDINATING MINISTER of the ECONOMY"

Anyway, I will be praying for you as well, just like the way am praying for PMB.

BECAUSE IF u succeed, I believe we will smile
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by Herald47: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Osun state open your ears and hear what kemi adeosun is saying,we don't want you people to expect nigerians to give the whole oil money and bags of rice to you next year.AREGBE i hope am communicating?
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by basilo101: 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
we will soon go on a borrowing spree like ogun state where this woman come from
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by nedu2000(m): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
How can a finance minister be making fiancial prophesies when he's in position to make changes?...if he can't get the job done resign pls,lets find someone else who can angry
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigeria, Finance Minister Adeosun Prophesies by nedu2000(m): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
Vicadonis:
You better fix it and stop prophesying rubbish....better still resign if you can't do the job...
Soludo be like, please resign Kemi, I need a job badly
well said

(1) (Reply)

Wike Is Working, Bulldozer Seen On Woji Road, Port Harcourt / Biography Of Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu, PDP Aspirant Edo 2016 Election / Omisore Agrees To Refund N1.3b To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.