Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking (3057 Views)

Unregistered Peuguot 307 Is Up 4 Sale @ 930k Asking Price!!!! / 2003 Peuguot 307 Wagon Sw / Peuguot 206, Registered And Clean @ N420,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by losco(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2009
Been having problems with my 307.A friend used it,bought fuel and not long after it started behaving as if it is only two plugs that are working.checked everything.some said the injector was blocked,blew the nozzles,but it is still the same,washed the tank.anyone have any idea whats wrong.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by freshmoney(m): 5:12am On Jun 04, 2009
Does it jerk if it is on motion,like the automatic gear is trying to switch from gear 4 to 5? If it is, then look out for the fuel pump and replace it. Secondly, if it only jerks when you move your automatic gear from 1 to 2, like it lunges forward ,then try and inspect your gear, replace your gear oil, if it continues, then ask a reliable mechanic to check the gear for you. Those should be the possible symptoms of the jerking.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by moskino(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2009
Is your 307 an automatic transmission? Was it imported into the country? Does it show any message on the multifunction display? You need to examine all these on your car, it might just be a little fault. Do reply me on moskino2002@yahoo.com or call me on 08065298260.

Thanks

MUSA
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by kablooee: 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
A proper computer diagnostics will do.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by TouaregV8(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2009
Use premium and unadulterated fuel to improve performance and avoid engine damage
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by losco(m): 12:25am On Jun 06, 2009
It is not an automatic.once you move a short distance,it starts working as if its only two plugs that are working.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by ayodeji1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2009
freshmoney:

Does it jerk if it is on motion,like the automatic gear is trying to switch from gear 4 to 5? If it is, then look out for the fuel pump and replace it. Secondly, if it only jerks when you move your automatic gear from 1 to 2, like it lunges forward ,then try and inspect your gear, replace your gear oil, if it continues, then ask a reliable mechanic to check the gear for you. Those should be the possible symptoms of the jerking.
yeh!i really think it a fuel pump problem.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by freshmoney(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2009
Good contribution Mr Ayodeji. @Losco: You can change the plug then , or perhaps, if it doesn't respond, then clean the injector,fuel pump,water pump,tank or better still change the fuel pump.
Re: My Peuguot 307 Is Jerking by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2009
Without knowing the age of the car, and engine type, it's a bit hit-and-miss diagnosing from afar.

Losco, I wouldn't replace any parts, till you've had a proper plug-in diagnostic carried out by a reputable garage.
If it's missfiring, and seeming to run on two cylinders, I'd be inclined to think your problem is more ignition related, rather than fuel.

I'd suggest you get your coil-packs checked, and replaced if necessesary. Again, without knowing your engine type,I'm shooting in the dark, but most small-engined Peugeot models have a common coilpack for all cylinders, with the larger-engined models having individual units.

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Toyota Venza / 2002 Toyota Rav-4 4wd **nigerian Used** : 1.050m / Brand New 2011 Harley Davidson Bike For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.