Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured (777 Views)

Nigerian Man Attacked With Bottle By A Drunk Couple In France (Graphic Photos) / Fayose At Zenith Bank To Demand For His Money (More Photos) / Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured by sixtuschimere: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
For a rare show of honesty, sincerity and patriotism, a 55-year-old tricycle (keke) operator, Jude Anagu, was honoured by the Akwa Ibom State Police Command for returning the sum of N580,000 which a passenger forgot in his keke.

Anagu, who hails from Anocha Local Government Area of Anambra State, picked his passenger, one Anietie Etim Ekpenyong, along Nwaniba Road, Uyo to Akwa Ibom Transport Company (AKTC) for onward journey to Bayelsa State. It was learnt that Ekpenyong who deals in tapping and brewing of palm wine, left his bag containing the said money inside the keke owing to the fact that he was already drunk.
The keke operator on realising that his passenger had left one of his bags, went after him but when efforts to get him proved abortive, he took the bag to the AKTC office to make official report. Attempt by the officials to trace Ekpenyong equally proved abortive. It was at that point that Anagu made a report to the police who then made a search for the owner of the bag that contained the money.
Respite, however, came the way of Ekpenyong when he got call from the police that his lost bag had been found and all the contents of the bag including the said N580, 000 were intact. Ekpenyong then raced to the state Police Headquarters and after proving ownership of the money beyond reasonable doubt, received the money complete as it was.

Speaking shortly after receiving the money, Ekpenyong who disclosed that he is a palm wine tapper and brewer in Baylesa State, said he brought the money he had toiled for over a period of time, to purchase a tricycle (keke). He said he was tired of the business he was doing in Bayelsa, thus, the plan to change his line of business.
“I came back to the state with the intention of buying keke. I discussed with Anagu while on my way to Bayelsa and he told me how much keke is sold. It was in the course of our discussion that I forgot the money because I was a bit overtaken by drink,” he said

Re: Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured by benedictnsi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chai..... May God give him a G-wagon soon!

This news seems old..... Op where source

1 Like

Re: Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured by Mescopaul(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
SUCH PEOPLE ONLY EXIST IN BIA_RA
Re: Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured by pyyxxaro: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
I just de imagine the kin cry when dat man for don cry when the alcohol don clear from e eye grin

Rule 1.. never get high on ur own supply

1 Like

Re: Keke Driver Returns N580,000 2 A Drunk Passenger Who Forgot His Money(pictured by wEsOmE(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
D first 3 comments made my day. Man U pls dnt rebel me today

(1) (Reply)

2 Question About The 2016 Budget / What Is The Fuel Situation In Your Area? / Alao-akala Says PDP Will Soon Die A Natural Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.