Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Obj. Deceives Ekiti "top" Politicians Law Makers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj. Deceives Ekiti "top" Politicians Law Makers (1159 Views)

List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / List Of Top Politicians That Dump PDP For APC After Buhari Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obj. Deceives Ekiti "top" Politicians Law Makers by bartolo: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2006
Law makers in ekiti were deceived by "most senior bros of the land" to impeach fayose, suuspend cj. but retain olujimi which the house thougt it is selfish and selfcentered
Re: Obj. Deceives Ekiti "top" Politicians Law Makers by GNature(m): 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2006
@bartolo

I think you are right on target. OBJ wanted Fayose gone and wanted his deputy - Olujimi to take over (did you notice that when she came back from abuja, she brought with her trucks full of security personnel - apparently with OBJ's backing), but the
Ekiti House of Assembly impeached both the governor and the deputy.

Instead of trying to intervene through diplomacy, OBJ quickly instituted a state of emergency. What has taken place in Ekiti that has made OBJ quickly resort to this ? He did not even attempt to bring the parties together and talk it out first. This to me is simply a blatant abuse of power on the part of Obasanjo. It is that simple.

Honestly, OBJ is running a one man show in Nigeria. I'm not even sure if he consulted with anyone from the National Assembly or else where before imposing the state of emergency.

I don't know what it is OBJ's government is practicing, but it sure isn't democracy.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Obj. Deceives Ekiti "top" Politicians Law Makers by omofineboy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2006
That it is his stock in trade, the emperor general

(1) (Reply)

2007 General Elections: Will It Hold? / Why Do We Do Nothing / Shell Donates N100m Projects To Bayelsa .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.