Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

Man Utd Cannot Win Every Titles – Says Louis Van Gaal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Cannot Win Every Titles – Says Louis Van Gaal (322 Views)

Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / Get sure 2-3odd with 4-5 win every week / Martial's Display Impresses Me, Says Louis Van Gaal,man U Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd Cannot Win Every Titles – Says Louis Van Gaal by Youngloaded(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal says Manchester United has the days when they expected to win trophies on a regular basis.
Speaking at a pre-match conference, Van Gaal said the increased wealth and competition in England means Manchester United cannot stroll over opponents like the Sir Alex Ferguson era.

Van Gaal was reacting to questions fielded by journalist about his team’s inability to progress out of their Champions League group stage.

The Durtman said his players were also to blame for the premature exit at the hands of Wolfsburg who qualifies with PSV.

He said of the Wolfsburg match: “When I analyse that game, in the first half we missed so many chances. That was our problem. In the second I think they deserved to draw. If we finished the chances in the first half the game was finished.

“But when you say that I am hired to make the difference, you are right. I don’t think it is [completely] like that – I can make the difference, in tactics and everything. But I cannot score goals.”

On his team’s chances of winning titles, Van Gaal: “They say a club like Manchester United has to win. That’s the past. You have to analyse the club now. Now we have much more clubs who have money … also the structure and are able to win something.

“Next year, all the clubs in the Premier League have a bigger budget than most in Europe. That makes a big difference. Every club can also buy a player. You think Manchester United has a lot of money – that is true. But other clubs are asking for much more from us than from Bournemouth.

“The difference is not so big any more. The confirmation is every week. The bottom clubs can beat the top teams. There is no other league where that happens as often as it does in the Premier League.

“It is very difficult for a Premier League club to match with the other leagues in the Champions League. It was not so easy for all the clubs to qualify themselves.”

Manchester United travel to Bournemouth on Saturday in their next English Premier League match. United sit in fourth place on the table level on points with third place Manchester City.

http://www.youngloaded.com/2015/12/12/man-utd-cannot-win-every-titles-says-louis-van-gaal/

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chelsea Sacks Mourinho! / Video: UFC 195 Q&A Live Stream With Rose Namajunas / Ighalo Is EPL Best African Player For December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.