Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn (3879 Views)

Register For These Musical Programs Today / Get 50% Discounts On Any Of These Musical Programs / Which Of The Musical Instruments Do You Love Playing Or Listening To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:11am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello guys,let's know the musical instrument you think is easier to learn and the one you love playing or listening to,let me kick off like messi,I love playing the piano and the drumset but to be sincere,I wished I know how to play a bass guitar,the sound of that thing fingers my brain,especially when a professional plays it.

To me,I believe the drumset and the conga are the easiest musical instrument to learn,no one taught me on how to play on both instruments,I just listen to whatever is been played either on radio or in church and practice on it myself,but it surprises me when some instrumentalists tell me they can't play the drumset,especially one of my keyboardists in church,but that guy presses the piano like he's romancing his girlfriend and the melody that comes out of it makes me look like a learner.But some basists do tell me also that the bass guitar is the easiest to learn,so I'm confused here.

But truth be told,it doesn't matter how good you are in playing any musical instrument,you'll still meet with those better than you someday.

Instrumentalists in the house,let's make our contributions,those that can play like five different musical instruments,which one do you find more interesting to play out of them all and which of them did you find easier to learn ,below are lists of popular instruments that people loves playing.

Hysmady
ChynoBEATS
Cymbal

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:17am On Dec 13, 2015
THE DRUM SET

A drum kit (primarily UK/Australian English), drum set (primarily US English),[1] trap set, or just drums is a collection of drums and other percussion instruments set up on stands so that they can be played/struck by a single player[2] with drumsticks held in both hands and the feet operating pedals that control the hi-hat cymbal and the beater for the bass drum. A drum kit consists of a mix of drums (categorized classically as membranophones, Hornbostel-Sachs high-level classification 2) and idiophones most significantly cymbals but also including the woodblock and cowbell (classified as Hornbostel-Sachs high-level classification 1).[3] In the 2000s, some kits also include electronic instruments (Hornbostel-Sachs classification 53) and both hybrid and entirely electronic kits are used.

A standard modern kit (for a right-handed player), as used in popular music and taught in music schools,[4][5] contains:

A snare drum, mounted on a stand, placed between the player's knees and played with drum sticks (which may include rutes or brushes)
A bass drum, played by a pedal operated by the right foot
Two or more toms, played with sticks or brushes
A hi-hat, played with the sticks, opened and closed with left foot pedal
One or more cymbals, played with the sticks
All of these are classed as non-pitched percussion, allowing for the music to be scored using percussion notation, for which a loose semi-standardized form exists for the drum kit. If some or all of them are replaced by electronic drums, the scoring and most often positioning remains the same, allowing a standard teaching approach. The drum kit is usually played while seated on a drum stool or throne. The drum kit differs from instruments that can be used to produce pitched melodies or chords, even though drums are often placed musically alongside others that do, such as the piano or guitar. [6] The drum kit is part of the standard rhythm section used in many types of popular and traditional music styles ranging from rock and pop to blues and jazz. Other standard instruments used in the rhythm section include the electric bass, electric guitar and keyboards.

Many drummers extend their kits from this basic pattern, adding more drums, more cymbals, and many other instruments including pitched percussion. In some styles of music particular extensions are normal, for example double bass drums in heavy metal music and the enlarged kits used by some progressive rock drummers, which may include unusual instruments such as gongs. Some performers use small kits that omit elements from the basic setup, such as some rockabilly drummers. Some drum kit players may have other roles in the band, such as providing backup vocals, or less commonly, lead vocals.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:23am On Dec 13, 2015
THE TALKING DRUM

The talking drum is an hourglass-shaped drum from West Africa, whose pitch can be regulated to mimic the tone and prosody of human speech. It has two drumheads connected by leather tension cords, which allow the player to modulate the pitch of the drum by squeezing the cords between his or her arm and body. A skilled player is able to play whole phrases. Similar hourglass-shaped drums are found in Asia, but they are not used to mimic speech, although the idakka is used to mimic vocal music.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2015
CONGA The conga, also known as tumbadora, is a tall, narrow, single-headed drum from Cuba. Congas are staved like barrels and classified into three types: quinto (lead drum, highest), tres dos or tres golpes (middle), and tumba or salidor (lowest). Congas are traditionally used in Afro-Cuban genres such as conga and rumba, although they are now very common in many other forms of Latin music, including descarga, Afro-Cuban jazz, salsa, songo, merengue and Latin rock.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE TRUMPET
A trumpet is a musical instrument. It has the highest register in the brass family. As a signaling device in battle or hunting, trumpets have a very long history, dating back to at least 1500 BC; they have been used as musical instruments since the 15th century.[1] Trumpets are used in art music styles, where they are an instrument in the orchestra and in concert bands, and in popular music styles such as jazz. They are played by blowing air through almost-closed lips, producing a "buzzing" sound that starts a standing wave vibration in the air column inside the instrument. Since the late 15th century they have primarily been constructed of brass tubing, usually bent twice into a rounded oblong shape.

There are several types of trumpet. The most common is a transposing instrument pitched in B♭ with a tubing length of about 1.48 m (4 ft 10 in). Earlier trumpets did not have valves, but modern instruments generally have either three piston valves or, more rarely, three rotary valves. The use of rotary valve trumpets is more commonly seen in European countries, particularly Germany and Austria.[citation needed] Each valve increases the length of tubing when engaged, thereby lowering the pitch.

A musician who plays the trumpet is called a trumpet player or trumpeter.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE SAXOPHONE
The saxophone[2] (also referred to as the sax) is a family of woodwind instruments. Saxophones are usually made of brass and played with a single-reed mouthpiece similar to that of the clarinet.[2] The saxophone family was invented by the Belgian instrument maker Adolphe Sax in 1840.[2][3] Adolphe Sax wanted to create a group or series of instruments that would be the most powerful and vocal of the woodwinds, and the most adaptive of the brass instruments, that would fill the vacant middle ground between the two sections. He patented the saxophone on June 28, 1846, in two groups of seven instruments each. Each series consisted of instruments of various sizes in alternating transposition. The series pitched in B♭ and E♭, designed for military bands, have proved extremely popular and most saxophones encountered today are from this series. Instruments from the so-called "orchestral" series, pitched in C and F, never gained a foothold, and the B♭ and E♭ instruments have now replaced the C and F instruments when the saxophone is used in the orchestra.A musician who plays the trumpet is called a saxophonist

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE PIANO
The piano (Italian pronunciation: [ˈpjaːno]; an abbreviation of pianoforte [pjanoˈfɔrte]) is a musical instrument played using a keyboard.[1] It is widely employed in classical and jazz music for solo and ensemble performances, accompaniment, and for composing and rehearsal. Although the piano is not portable and often expensive, its versatility and ubiquity have made it one of the world's most familiar musical instruments.

An acoustic piano usually has a protective wooden case surrounding the soundboard and metal strings, and a row of 88 black and white keys (52 white, 36 black). The strings are sounded when the keys are pressed, and silenced when the keys are released. The note can be sustained, even when the keys are released, by the use of pedals.

Pressing a key on the piano's keyboard causes a padded (often with felt) hammer to strike strings. The hammer rebounds, and the strings continue to vibrate at their resonant frequency.[2] These vibrations are transmitted through a bridge to a soundboard that amplifies by more efficiently coupling the acoustic energy to the air. When the key is released, a damper stops the strings' vibration, ending the sound. Although an acoustic piano has strings, it is usually classified as a percussion instrument because the strings are struck rather than plucked (as with a harpsichord or spinet); in the Hornbostel-Sachs system of instrument classification, pianos are considered chordophones. With technological advances, electric, electronic, and digital pianos have also been developed.

The word piano is a shortened form of pianoforte, the Italian term for the instrument, which in turn derives from gravicembalo col piano e forte[3] and fortepiano. The Italian musical terms piano and forte indicate "soft" and "loud" respectively,[4] in this context referring to the variations in volume produced in response to a pianist's touch on the keys: the greater the velocity of a key press, the greater the force of the hammer hitting the strings, and the louder the sound of the note produced.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE ORGAN
In music, the organ (from Greek ὄργανον organon, "organ, instrument, tool"wink[1] is a keyboard instrument of one or more divisions, each played with its own keyboard, played either with the hands or with the feet. The organ is a relatively old musical instrument,[2] dating from the time of Ctesibius of Alexandria, who is credited with inventing the water organ. It was played throughout the Greek and Roman world, particularly during races and games.[3] During the early medieval period it spread from the Byzantine Empire, where it continued to be used in secular and imperial court music, to Western Europe, where it gradually assumed a prominent place in the liturgy of the Catholic Church.[3] Subsequently it re-emerged as a secular and recital instrument.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE LEAD GUITAR
It is typically played by strumming or plucking the strings with the right hand while fretting (or pressing against the frets) the strings with the fingers of the left hand.Lead guitar is a guitar part which plays melody lines, instrumental fill passages, guitar solos, and occasionally, some riffs within a song structure. The lead is the featured guitar, which usually plays single-note-based lines or double-stops.[1] In rock, heavy metal, blues, jazz, punk, fusion, some pop, and other music styles, lead guitar lines are usually supported by a second guitarist who plays rhythm guitar, which consists of accompaniment chords and riffs.

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
THE BASS GUITAR
It is also typically played by strumming or plucking the strings with the right hand while fretting (or pressing against the frets) the strings with the fingers of the left hand.The bass guitar (also called electric bass, or simply bass; /ˈbeɪs/) is a stringed instrument played primarily with the fingers or thumb,

Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
Drums are the easiest to learn.
Took me a year to learn how to play the piano without thinking much about which keys to play
Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Holluwatarhyor(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
MrProducer:
Drums are the easiest to learn.
Took me a year to learn how to play the piano without thinking much about which keys to play
alright....that's the reason why I do wonder why some string instrumentalists can't play the drumset
Re: Which Of These Musical Instruments Do You Think Is Easier To Learn by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
alright....that's the reason why I do wonder why some string instrumentalists can't play the drumset

It happens.

(1) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Brk Beatz – Amina Lele / Download Mario's New Single Here / Why Nigerian Artists Dont Really Make Money Through Selling Of Cds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.