Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls (1648 Views)

Software Programer/developers / Java Programer Needed / Web Developer/programer Needed For Immediate Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by princewaldex(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2015
I love it whenever i heard people create an app, software etc and i love to be one one day so pls i need somebody to teach me how to become one

thanks......
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Naruto87(m): 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
its best you study java..its hard but if you are determined you'll make it in a year.
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Ben1975(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hi princewaldex

If you want to consider programming with web development start with PHP it is easier to learn and will give the foot up when you are ready to move onto something heavier like java.

Ben Ajose
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
I interested in developing Apps too though I know next to nothing about I.T. my background is in the life sciences. What's the best way for me to approach the trainings
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by rushman003: 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
Sorry to say sir! you CANT be a programmer! Being a programmer is all about passion and zeal... If you have both you wouldn't open thread on nairaland telling people you want to be a programmer talkless of asking how you will get started?...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by AkinseteK(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
princewaldex:
I love it whenever i heard people create an app, software etc and i love to be one one day so pls i need somebody to teach me how to become one

thanks......

I can take you Website Development on a one on one training. Courses includes HTML, HTML5, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY PHP, BOOTSTRAP, WEBSITE HOSTING AND MYSQL, and FOR CMS courses includes JOOMLA, WORDPRESS, Opencart and Magento and also on Programming Languages I can take you on VB.NET, JAVA, C# with sql server . U can call me on 08034089466 for more discussion.
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Dmayor7(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
princewaldex:

thanks......

Hi bro,

you can start through this sites below..

www.codecademy.com

www.w3schools.com

www.tut.com

www.tizag.com

Also consider reading this post for an insight on what you are about to enter

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Charleebro(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2015
Rather than spending money on data to download tons of material. You can holler at me on 08073254179 to get video tutorials and probably software on a couple of programming and webdesign software.
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by DonSegmond(m): 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
You need a computer, you need access to the internet so you can access information (Books, blogs, manuals, videos). You need adequate understanding of the english language. You need to dedicate considerable effort in learning the craft of programming. You need to give up time distracting actions such as facebook, nairaland, watching movies. You need to put in multiple hours everyday for about a year.

I suggest you start with Python, Java or C#.
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Tosin1010(f): 5:36am On Dec 19, 2015
princewaldex:

thanks......

Congratulations, you are just steps ahead in becoming a programmer.

The first thing you need is the hunger to learn, the passion and the drive. smiley

Secondly, you need a computer. You can't program a computer without a computer, get yourself a good laptop, nothing fancy minimum of 4GB and up.

Thirdly, pick a programming language you want to learn. I would advice you start with Python or Java. I posted a reason as to why here (click link) https://www.nairaland.com/tosin1010/posts

I am assuming you would like to go into mobile application development. There are various platforms out there but as a beginner you should consider developing for the android platform.

Now, you've decided to go into android app development. You would need to learn a lot of java, from basics to implementing OOP(object oriented programming) in java, That should take few weeks if you are focused enough. I have a java textbook I can send to you for free, that would teach you everything you need to know about it.

PROCESS:
Passion ---> Good computer ---> Reading Materials ---> Practicing and writing code.

rushman003:
Sorry to say sir! you CANT be a programmer! Being a programmer is all about passion and zeal... If you have both you wouldn't open thread on nairaland telling people you want to be a programmer talkless of asking how you will get started?...

You can be anything you want to be at anytime you want to be it. Do not let anyone discourage you! All experienced programmers and engineers started with one question. "How?"

Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by Frankicent(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2015
Charleebro:
Rather than spending money on data to download tons of material. You can holler at me on 08073254179 to get video tutorials and probably software on a couple of programming and webdesign software.
how do I get the videos and software?
Re: I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls by nextstep(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
I'm going to put on my grey beard and suspenders, scratch said beard, and say "Young padawan" (assuming you're a young person, otherwise, this advice will prove totally inappropriate):

install OpenBSD on your laptop (or Linux or OSX)
get comfortable with the shell (bash and ksh), an editor (vi and emacs), and the "man" manual pages
go through this page http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/
(don't just copy paste the C programs, but also read the articles)

After just 4 months dedicating yourself to this, you'll be on your way to being a programmer.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite IDE For Java? / Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum / How To Roast A Monitor Lizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.