Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon (3010 Views)

Peregrine Falcon Available For Sale / Not Sure Why You Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 11:25am On Dec 13, 2015
It swooped to grab a piece of meat I used to bait a rat on a rat trap and got trapped on its leg. I had forgotten to bring the trap in the night before yesterday so while playing game yesterday afternoon, I kept hearing incessant flapping of wings and I thought it was the usual two birds fighting. Didn't cease for almost half an hour so upon deciding to shuu shuu the fighters in front of my flat, I was surprised to find out it was a trapped falcon.
I managed but got a beak poke while freeing it from the trap, put it in a carton for a few hrs before I transferred it to my laundry basket.
The problem was all effort to feed it yesterday was a failure. Didn't eat my meat or fish. It'll only grab it and drop it.
I didn't want it dying in my hands so I freed it today but it doesn't want to fly maybe cos of lack of energy. I don't know though.
Even as I type this, it's still in front of my flat

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by whirlwind7(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2015
It got exhausted from it's futile attempts at escape. These birds are mostly carnivores.
Once it's regained some energy, it should fly away. You can trap a small rat or lizard (live) and put into an enclosure with the bird.
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2015
use it to make peppersoup
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2015
whirlwind7:
It got exhausted from it's futile attempts at escape. These birds are mostly carnivores.
Once it's regained some energy, it should fly away. You can trap a small rat or lizard (live) and put into an enclosure with the bird.
In as much as I love animals, these raptors aren't something u can just handle like after all its just a bird. I get your idea but on the contrary, since I've let it free, it should be able to gather a little energy and go for a lizard. I've got an injury on my right fore finger trying to free it in the first place.
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
lofty900:
use it to make peppersoup
I'm not pepper soup hungry and u don't just go about Killin anything cos it's an animal

4 Likes

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by teflondoncuzo(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
We're are u located
And do u still have it in ur possession
Would like to have it if u don't mind
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
teflondoncuzo:
We're are u located
And do u still have it in ur possession
Would like to have it if u don't mind
The second and third pix was taken this morning. As u can see, it's already a free bird and like I said, doesn't want to fly just yet.
I stay around ijaye but work at ogba
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Prodeegee(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2015
can i pls have it? please
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by PetMallNG: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
@OP, get in touch with @wildeji on twitter. He is an animal behaviorist, and i know for a fact that he has handled quite a few raptors. That bird will do better with mice than the fish and meat you offered.
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by younghartz(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Op free the bird jawe It might die living wit u My opinion tho
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by teflondoncuzo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
doomsdayII:

The second and third pix was taken this morning. As u can see, it's already a free bird and like I said, doesn't want to fly just yet.
I stay around ijaye but work at ogba

If u can cage it for me would be glad and would com pick it up on Tuesday
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by PetMallNG: 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
teflondoncuzo:

What is the point of him caging a bird he can not get to eat sir?? Also, it sounds like there is a broken wing to be dealt with.
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Prodeegee:
can i pls have it? please
If u so desire it. In problem sir
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
PetMallNG:
@OP, get in touch with @wildeji on twitter. He is an animal behaviorist, and i know for a fact that he has handled quite a few raptors. That bird will do better with mice than the fish and meat you offered.
I'm in twitter bur rarely or not at all go there. If u have an easier contact of him that will help, then I'm very sure to contact him.
I only wished I could handle it bettet
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
teflondoncuzo:

I don't want to cage it no more.
Checked outside mins ago and the sober bird hasn't left that corner
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
PetMallNG:

What is the point of him caging a bird he can not get to eat sir?? Also, it sounds like there is a broken wing to be dealt with.
Sir, no broken wings at all. Just some trickles of blood on its feet where it got trapped.
My guess is it's too weak to fly
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
doomsdayII:

I don't want to cage it no more.
Checked outside mins ago and the sober bird hasn't left that corner
. Would love to really have it
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by PetMallNG: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
doomsdayII:

I'm in twitter bur rarely or not at all go there. If u have an easier contact of him that will help, then I'm very sure to contact him.
I only wished I could handle it bettet

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Baroba(m): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2015
Please try not to give to someone who will sell it on or keep it as a 'pet', it should be out there in the wild once fully nursed back to health. You have done well bro..
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by doomsdayII(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2015
Baroba:
Please try not to give to someone who will sell it on or keep it as a 'pet', it should be out there in the wild once fully nursed back to health. You have done well bro..
I really do appreciate your praise but be that as it may, I think it came across an animal maybe a lizard yesterday. I'm not sure though but we saw traces of blood in front of our compound which indicates the fella must have preyed on an unlucky animal.
The good thing is, I was going to call that number above me before we realised the bird must have gathered momentum from the Lil energy it got from her kill and flew back to her world.
We didn't see it again since yesterday afternoon

1 Like

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Baroba(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
doomsdayII:

I really do appreciate your praise but be that as it may, I think it came across an animal maybe a lizard yesterday. I'm not sure though but we saw traces of blood in front of our compound which indicates the fella must have preyed on an unlucky animal.
The good thing is, I was going to call that number above me before we realised the bird must have gathered momentum from the Lil energy it got from her kill and flew back to her world.

Excellent..
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by PetMallNG: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2015
doomsdayII:

LOVELY!!! The best place for a wild animal is the wild!
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by daveFBL: 2:53am On Apr 19, 2019
I'm dave_FBL...I just got my falcon delivered too. please, falcon owners, how do I feed and teach it how to fly. I need your responds pls

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by elshanAutos: 4:56am On Apr 19, 2019
daveFBL:
I'm dave_FBL...I just got my falcon delivered too. please, falcon owners, how do I feed and teach it how to fly. I need your responds pls
Humans don’t fly and yet still don’t like/enjoy being caged/imprisoned. Sky-diving feels like flying and it’s an amazing experience. For a raptor like this that not just flies, but soars amongst the clouds, you can’t imagine how tortuous this feels. Pls, let it go.

2 Likes

Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Itsthesaint: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
I would offer 20k for your falcon
Re: Not Sure What To Do With This Falcon by Onyeka1987: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
That's a kestrol mate

(1) (Reply)

8 Weeks Old Female Boerboel Puppy Available For A New Home / German Shepherd Puppies Available For Sale / FINALLY! My Boy Is Ready For Stud Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.