Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (28759 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bolaadu(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Bintexy:
Everybody in Benin is answerable to the Oba of Benin so why is everyone in Warri especially majority not answerable to your olu?

@Bolaadu: I need an answer to my question.

@Bintexy.am a lagosian I was jst trying to let ppl know dat is possible 4minority to takeover d majority or majority to takeover d minority if 1 lack foresight.go and read history of migration.is happening in some area in Lagos state now.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bintexy(f): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Unfortunately that is not the case here.

Warri South has Urhobos, Ijaws and Itsekiris so it is very wrong for one of the tribes to claim to own Warri South.

Bolaadu:
@Bintexy.am a lagosian I was jst trying to let ppl know dat is possible 4minority to takeover d majority or majority to takeover d minority if 1 lack foresight.go and read history of migration.is happening in some area in Lagos state now.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bolaadu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Bintexy:
Unfortunately that is not the case here.

Warri South has Urhobos, Ijaws and Itsekiris so it is very wrong for one of the tribes to claim to own Warri South.

Yes no matter what a particular tribes will get dere first among the three.dat is how it is here in Lagos state we have Aworri's Ijebu's and Egu..
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Phrankin(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
ademusiwa1e:
[size=18pt]The country of the Kingdom of Western nigeria.. Congratulate the New Olu of warri as the New Duke of Warri.
His Job is tasking and required the cooperation of all citizen of Warri . The country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria demand loyalty from all people who live in warri to cooperate with the New olu of warri. So that he can be able to build warri.

Warri is not part of Nigeria. It is part of the country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria. We got our Independent in 1957 while Nigeria got its independent in 1960.

The country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria thanks all who attended the program and our guest visitors from Nigeria. And the country of Western Nigeria thank our sister country Nigeria from sending visitors to the country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria.

I will be making a Royal tours to Warri and other cities, very soon.

Signed

The Emperor of the country of the Kindgom of Western Nigeria. [/size]

Na today I know say madness get levels.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Bintexy(f): 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
That is a story for another day but be rest assured that the Itsekiris did not get to Warri first. I don't want to bore you with details but we know ourselves well.

Bolaadu:
Yes no matter what a particular tribes will get dere first among the three.dat is how it is here in Lagos state we have Aworri's Ijebu's and Egu..
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
uu001:

Unfortunately, my friend you seem to misunderstand the issue minority are claiming ownership it is not a case of lack of focus/education. Lack of education does not wipe away a mans history, facts of Nigerian history already pegs them as one of minority riverine settlers who have their monarch as Nana of Itsekiri history never indicated them as having an Olu of Warri if not for Awolowo who was hell bent on marginalizing the Urhobos and Ijaws for is political gains.

**They cannot list their communities in Warri where they claim to own.***
Guy rest, who can't list names of their communities so? Try to say what you can defend in a law court o!
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 6:20am On Apr 08, 2016
mrobruche:
Hey hold it! Olu of Itsekiri not Olu of Warri
kill ur self . he is d OLU OF ALL LAND IN WARRI

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2016
fratermathy:

Oshare, let this case rest abeg. The main people involved; the Okumagbas and the Emikos are sleeping peacefully over the issue and it has been resolved amicably. The Olu knows his boundaries in Warri, Urhobos and Ijaws know theirs.
OLU hasno boundary. urhobo and ijaws IN WARRI re OLU TENANT. as a landlord u dnt jump into ur tenant house anyhow. and as a tenant u can't deal wit a third party without ur landlord consent. this is d reasons u pple re sayin OLU has boundary in WARRI. ITSEKIRI RE EDUCATED THEY FOLLOWS THE LAW
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 6:44am On Apr 08, 2016
Efe3:
What does Ikenwoli mean?
It sounds Igboish.
IKEN (PRINCE) WOLE(I) (ENTER HOUSE) IT MEAN THE PRINCE TO TAKE OVER D THRONE HAS COME(WEN HE WAS BORN)
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 8:02am On Apr 08, 2016
Irunmole:
He is the Olu of Itsekiri and not the Olu of Warri, as there is a Supreme Court ruling reverting the misapplied title of Olu of Warri, which is a misnomer, to.the Olu of Itsekiri on the death of the last but one Olu in the person of the late Ogiame Atuwatse. The correct and appropriate title of the newly installed Olu, is the Olu of Itsekiri. Thank you.
cant u see dat u re stupid? u said if ATUWATSE dies the title will be change as declare by supreme court. but he died and anoda has been install y was d TITLE NOT CHANGE wont dat tell u there is no such tin?DIOT
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by fratermathy(m): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
jolo26:
OLU hasno boundary. urhobo and ijaws IN WARRI re OLU TENANT. as a landlord u dnt jump into ur tenant house anyhow. and as a tenant u can't deal wit a third party without ur landlord consent. this is d reasons u pple re sayin OLU has boundary in WARRI. ITSEKIRI RE EDUCATED THEY FOLLOWS THE LAW

Whatever! They won't pay you for this tongue and the so-called Olu knows his domain, that's all.
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2016
uu001:

Hey man, na u need to go ask your lying forefathers. Stack illiterate. Where is your proof that 200yrs ago of the unfortunate existence of the Itsekiri's have they been more than the Urhobo's? And how can the Urhobos who you claim to be less in population be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria since the Amalgamation of Nigeria? The Urhobos main home is known to be Delta. Where is your home? List your LGA's? Can the Itsekiri population decide an election in Delta state with which population? Itsekiri's have only one LGA in Delta State/Warri to be exact Warri North while the Urhobos and Ijaws have two in Warri. In addition, the Urhobos have 10 LGA's to themselves all-together as the major ethnic group in Delta State.

The Itsekiri can naturally not marry an Itsekiri because when it comes to marriage they don't trust themselves knowing fully if they don't inter marry they cant lay claim to other people's properties.

Stop your cheap propaganda. The recent supreme court judgement clearly put an end to the illegality called Olu of Warri.
we dont say d whole urhobo national population, but urhobo citien in WARRI
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 10:14am On Apr 09, 2016
April4th:

You this Itsekiri boy, you dey always like to cause trouble. How Itsekiri take own Warri? Nor go repeat this word for NPA area, if not you go collect.
OLU OF WARRI OR OLU OF
ISEKIRI
The title – “Olu of Warri” is a source
of great conflict between the Isekiri
and the Urhobo.
The Oluship began around 1480. By
1571, the catholic missionary had
established in Warri (Lloyd 1957;
Ikime 1980; Sagay undated, Talbot
1926). Christianity continued in the
kingdom till 1848, when some crises
in Warri, made the Isekiri interregnum
to continue till 1936. There were
many letters written by the Olu to the
Pope and some to the kings in
Portugal and Spain. In 1608, Dom
Domingos, the Olu was referred to as
“Principe Du Warri (king of Warri); in
1652, Antonio De Mingo (a Mulatto)
wrote the first letter by a Nigerian to
Pope Innocent the 10th. He
addressed himself as king of Warri
(Principle du Warri). The catholic
prefect of Sao Tome wrote the title
“Olu of Warri” in 1786. (Hodgkin
1976; Conton 1979; Lloyd 1957 etc).
But the Urhobo will not take this
down well, because they insist that
the title was “Olu of Isekiri”. It is good
to say here that from 1936 – 1951 the
title was actually “Olu of Isekiri”. But
this was because the new Warri
province included the Ijaws, the
Isokos, the Aboh, Ukwani and
Urhobo. Because of this, the title was
changed from “Olu of Warri” to “Olu
of Isekiri”, so as not to give the
impression that the Isekiri were the
owners of the whole province. Thus,
the Isekiri answered the fake title “Olu
of Warri” but in 1952, the Isekiri
agitated to revert to the real title –
“Olu of Warri”. This was granted. The
name of the province was therefore,
changed from “Warri province” to
“Delta Province” due to the agitation
by the other ethnics within the
province.
But the struggle for the title to be
“Olu of Isekiri” rather than the “Olu of
Warri” is a major cause of the Isekiri-
Urhobo crisis (Ikime 1969; Honsbira
and St. Ifa 1998). NOTE. IKIMI IS AN URHOBO HISTORIAN
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2016
jolo26:
OLU OF WARRI OR OLU OF
ISEKIRI
The title – “Olu of Warri” is a source
of great conflict between the Isekiri
and the Urhobo.
The Oluship began around 1480. By
1571, the catholic missionary had
established in Warri (Lloyd 1957;
Ikime 1980; Sagay undated, Talbot
1926). Christianity continued in the
kingdom till 1848, when some crises
in Warri, made the Isekiri interregnum
to continue till 1936. There were
many letters written by the Olu to the
Pope and some to the kings in
Portugal and Spain. In 1608, Dom
Domingos, the Olu was referred to as
“Principe Du Warri (king of Warri); in
1652, Antonio De Mingo (a Mulatto)
wrote the first letter by a Nigerian to
Pope Innocent the 10th. He
addressed himself as king of Warri
(Principle du Warri). The catholic
prefect of Sao Tome wrote the title
“Olu of Warri” in 1786. (Hodgkin
1976; Conton 1979; Lloyd 1957 etc).
But the Urhobo will not take this
down well, because they insist that
the title was “Olu of Isekiri”. It is good
to say here that from 1936 – 1951 the
title was actually “Olu of Isekiri”. But
this was because the new Warri
province included the Ijaws, the
Isokos, the Aboh, Ukwani and
Urhobo. Because of this, the title was
changed from “Olu of Warri” to “Olu
of Isekiri”, so as not to give the
impression that the Isekiri were the
owners of the whole province. Thus,
the Isekiri answered the fake title “Olu
of Warri” but in 1952, the Isekiri
agitated to revert to the real title –
“Olu of Warri”. This was granted. The
name of the province was therefore,
changed from “Warri province” to
“Delta Province” due to the agitation
by the other ethnics within the
province.
But the struggle for the title to be
“Olu of Isekiri” rather than the “Olu of
Warri” is a major cause of the Isekiri-
Urhobo crisis (Ikime 1969; Honsbira
and St. Ifa 1998). NOTE. IKIMI IS AN URHOBO HISTORIAN
WARRI PROVINCE IS WAT WE NOW KNW AS DELTA STATE.THE URHOBO DEN DIDNT SAY WARRI DO NOT BELONG TO ITSEKIRI THEY AGITATE FOR THE CHANGE because THEY FEEL CALLING HIM OLU OF WARRI SEEM DAT HE IS D KING OF ALL LAND IN WAT IS TODAY KNWN AS DELTA STATE. DEN PROVINCE WAS WAT IS REFER AS STATE
Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
mrobruche:
Hey hold it! Olu of Itsekiri not Olu of Warri
KILL URSELF. HE IS D OLU OF WARRI

1 Like

Re: New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday by jolo26(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
uu001:

Hey man, na u need to go ask your lying forefathers. Stack illiterate. Where is your proof that 200yrs ago of the unfortunate existence of the Itsekiri's have they been more than the Urhobo's? And how can the Urhobos who you claim to be less in population be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria since the Amalgamation of Nigeria? The Urhobos main home is known to be Delta. Where is your home? List your LGA's? Can the Itsekiri population decide an election in Delta state with which population? Itsekiri's have only one LGA in Delta State/Warri to be exact Warri North while the Urhobos and Ijaws have two in Warri. In addition, the Urhobos have 10 LGA's to themselves all-together as the major ethnic group in Delta State.

The Itsekiri can naturally not marry an Itsekiri because when it comes to marriage they don't trust themselves knowing fully if they don't inter marry they cant lay claim to other people's properties.

Stop your cheap propaganda. The recent supreme court judgement clearly put an end to the illegality called Olu of Warri.
USE UR GOOGLE WHO OWN THE THREE L.G.A U FOOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Ibadan Obas Drop Crowns, Reconcile With Olubadan / PHOTOS: Ooni Of Ife At Eid Prayer Ground / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.