Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,314 members, 7,957,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine (1896 Views)

Zakzaky: Shiites Write Saraki, Seek Senate Intervention / Like Shiites Like Maitassine; Why The North Is Unaminously Against Shiites / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
With the current developments between the Nigerian Army and the Shiite Islamic Movement led by El-Zakzaky, which has led to the NA confronting and killing several members of the sect, it is apparent that president buhari wants to stamp out the group like he purportedly did the maitatsine sect in the 1980s.

However, it is hoped that the killing of top leaders of the sect does not enrage the group and drive them to take up arms against the govt.

It is noteworthy that the world we live in right now is a far cry from what obtained in 1984!

Can the NA face up to 2 islamic terror groups in the same region or is this another grand design to actually push the group into insurgency to achieve some ulterior goals?

Only time will tell.

Copyright: Abe4kom

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/11/world/718-deaths-cited-in-nigeria-riots.html
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by bigeagleeye(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
cooltty
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by ERAKAMUS: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
STOP THIS OP IT A YEARLY, DURING THE LAST DISPENSATION N.A KILL THIS SAME ISLAMIST STOP MAKING IT LOOK AS IF BUHARI IS INVOLVE.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
STOP THIS OP IT A YEARLY, DURING THE LAST DISPENSATION N.A KILL THIS SAME ISLAMIST STOP MAKING IT LOOK AS IF BUHARI IS INVOLVE.
Pls stop playing dense!

Who is the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by ERAKAMUS: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
abe4kom:
Pls stop playing dense!
BULL.HARI
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by sherrylo: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
abe4kom:

Pls stop playing dense!

But It was also done last year where 3 of his sons died and we had BH then too so what's new here?
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by tunex23: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
Islam religion of terror, violence, bombing etc
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by A7(m): 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
The shi'a's offence is constituting nuisance in the name of procession, they cause commotion and prevent free passage of vehicles and people in those gatherings. Their clash with the soldiers is due to civil disobedience not terrorism.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
sherrylo:

But It was also done last year where 3 of his sons died and we had BH then too so what's new here?
The difference was that last year they blocked the road on a day that the military was under severe attack in borno and refused to make way.

This one they didn't block any roads according to IHRC, and the military invading their base and killing their leaders in cold blood is the difference.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
All Muslims are terrorists.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
A7:
The shi'a's offence is constituting nuisance in the name of procession, they cause commotion and prevent free passage of vehicles and people in those gatherings. Their clash with the soldiers is due to civil disobedience not terrorism.

The sunni muslims do exactly the same thing in GRA port harcourt just after Le Meridien hotel. They block the road and divert turn back motorists just so they can pray on fridays. But the military protect them, so what's your point?

And note I am telling you what I have seen and experienced.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by A7(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
abe4kom:

The sunni muslims do exactly the same thing in GRA port harcourt just after Le Meridien hotel. They block the road and divert turn back motorists just so they can pray on fridays. But the military protect them, so what's your point?

And note I am telling you what I have seen and experienced.

When any of the political parties are out to rally same thing happens, the traditional/occultic confraternities do same thing, church crusades and even market women do rally/block the streets from time to time.

How many times does the COAS got stucked at such processions? Do you think confronting and denying passage to the COAS convoy is a thoughtful decision?
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by akins56(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
and to think ibrahin elzaky is s first class graduate of economics.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
Maitatsine was killed during shagaris regime
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
A7:

When any of the political parties are out to rally same thing happens, the traditional/occultic confraternities do same thing, church crusades and even market women do rally/block the streets from time to time.

How many times does the COAS got stucked at such processions? Do you think confronting and denying passage to the COAS convoy is a thoughtful decision?
And during how many of the above listed congregations has the COAS passed same route?

Besides you are reporting what the NA said which is highly suspect and has already been countered by non Shiite eye witnesses.

Call "wrong" wrong.
The procession has no right denying him right of way but also does that justify killing them?

What became of teargas and water canons etc?
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by Okanokan(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
sherrylo:

What's New? We now know that Shiite Muslim are a minority sect and that Boko Haram, ISIS are Sunni and also that majority of Muslim in Northern Nigeria are Sunni, thus there is bound to be challenges.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by A7(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
abe4kom:

And during how many of the above listed congregations has the COAS passed same route?

I asked this question first, the onus to answer is yours pal.

abe4kom:

Besides you are reporting what the NA said which is highly suspect and has already been countered by non Shiite eye witnesses.

I didn't mention any military report, am a northerner and have witnessed a couple of related incidences of the shi'as disturbing social activities during these processions, I just stated the obvious and at the same time unravelling the baloney in your unguarded claim that "Shi'as are terrorists and the govt is clamping down on them".

abe4kom:

Call "wrong" wrong.
The procession has no right denying him right of way but also does that justify killing them?

What became of teargas and water canons etc?

There you go, they're not innocent afterall, yet you went on starting a thread carelessly accusing the military of trampling peoples right. What a pity!.
Re: Buhari Stamping Out Zakzaky's Shiites Like Maitatsine by abe4kom: 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
You are all over the place and lack direction!
You said different groups also block roads and never blocked the COAS and I asked you if the COAS has ever passed same routes as those you mentioned.

You are reporting what the NA said. Your being a northerner doesn't make you special in anyway except you were in the procession or COAS convoy or within the vicinity of the clash.

Also where in my post did I call Shiites terrorists? I only asked if the govt can face 2 terror organisations if they drive the shia into taking up arms?
See how you jump to conclusions?
Or do you know more than what we know?anyway, the guilty runneth when no man pursueth!

Finally, I never said they were guilty or denied the COAS right of way! I said they have no right denying him that just like they don't have the right denying any other citizen or security personnel! And you can't prove they did except you toe the NA line as usual.

Now can you prove they blocked the road with bornfires and attacked the convoy as claimed?
A7:

I asked this question first, the onus to answer is yours pal.

I didn't mention any military report, am a northerner and have witnessed a couple of related incidences of the shi'as disturbing social activities during these processions, I just stated the obvious and at the same time unravelling the baloney in your unguarded claim that "Shi'as are terrorists and the govt is clamping down on them".

There you go, they're not innocent afterall, yet you went on starting a thread carelessly accusing the military of trampling peoples right. What a pity!.

(1) (Reply)

See This Casket That Was Used To Bury A Rich Man In Anambra [photo] / Please Help! Is Buhari Actually Deaf? / See Reactions From Teachers Owed Over Six Months Salary By Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.