Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? (738 Views)

Patience Jonathan Won’t Go Scot-free – EFCC / Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! / Olusegun Obasanjo In Boys Scot Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by Mordecai(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
I have read the back and forth arguments between the Shiite Muslim leadership in Kaduna and the Nigerian Army over the killing of members of the Muslim group.

We note that the COAS has a right of way, and that he has a right to go to his destination unmolested. What I do not understand is why the COAS would take laws into his hands in such a manner that Nigerians died at the hands of persons whose duty it is to protect them from external aggression.

When we have disagreements and/or conflicts, and negotiation/arbitration is not yielding any results, we are required as responsible citizens to call in the police, or whichever law enforcement agency is responsible, or go to court. As far as this issue is concerned, the COAS is still a Nigerian and is not above the law. As a road user in Kaduna State, he is not a law enforcement officer. He is simply a public servant.

I therefore do not see why there is even an argument about whether the COAS convoy tried to negotiate with the youths or not. I do not see why he would not get down from his high horse and do what every Nigerian is expected to do, call in the police. I do not see why he would take a decision to put an end to the lives of Nigerians because he wants to enforce his right of way.

What irks me the most is that its a day after and Buhari, the person whose job it is to call that rampaging murderer to book, has said nothing.

To show that that he really is above punishment, the COAS sent his boys back hours later, to arrest the leader of that movement. Because he has arrogated the powers of the Nigerian police to himself.

To remind us all, they first told us that the boys tried to assassinate the COAS, and now they put up pictures showing men of the Nigerian Army pleading with the "assassins" prior to the "assassination" attempt.

Weeks ago, they murdered protesters in the South East. Now, it is Kaduna. Tomorrow, who knows where?

For a government that came to power with the promise to fight corruption, this is becoming worrisome.

I shake my head for this country.
Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Lemme goan and re-read........ayam coming

FTC anyways

2 Likes

Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by amaechi1: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
Unfortunately, your write lacks merit and understanding. You expect the soldiers to fold their arms or let their guards while an attempt is made on his life. Are you aware that they soldiers did everything to ward off the group. Of course you wouldn't read that because you are biased and lack of understanding has cloud your good sense of judgment.

Please, change topic.

1 Like

Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by Mordecai(m): 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
amaechi1:
Unfortunately, your write lacks merit and understanding. You expect the soldiers to fold their arms or let their guards while an attempt is made on his life. Are you aware that they soldiers did everything to ward off the group. Of course you wouldn't read that because you are biased and lack of understanding has cloud your good sense of judgment.

Please, change topic.

From where I stand, if I am biased, it would be against the group.

However, from the narration of events, the COAS tried to force his way through the barricade. The whole commotion turned deadly, because an army officer simply did not know the limits of his authority.

If the police engaged those boys and it turned out the way it did, its another matter.

I have experienced roads being blocked for religious events. Infact, it is now a part of life, if you live in the North. Every Friday, a lot of roads are blocked for their Friday prayers. And he, the COAS, I am sure, is a party to that.

But to shoot your way through a road block, because you are the COAS, is impunity.
Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by FacelessPatriot: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
When no one refuses to speak up against injustice against a certain group of people (e.g SE/SS), a time will come when they will need someone to speak up for them no one will speak up. Sorry to the shi'ites if they were actually innocent.
Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by crosbreaka: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Jonathan's convoy used to be stoned in the north during visits and campaign. is the COAS higher than the president? yet Jonathan security convoy shot at no one but left without throwing a stone back.

people being disobedient and stubborn headed doesnt warrant killing them. if this is not checked, it would be seen as impunity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would The COAS Murder Nigerians And Still Move Around, Scot-free? by rusep: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
Is a strong warning to anybody that want to foment trouble. Now we Zaria people are relieved. For those outside they can say what ever they want because they don't know what we are going through as a result of the sect activities.

(1) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Celebrates Birthday, One Day After Dad's / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari / The First Assignment Of Year 2016 For Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.