Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration (1518 Views)

The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Pls how can on best began salary with employer I jst have a chat with one employer and the salary he offered wasn't comfortable for me so I had tell him to add up Cos the pay wasn't comfortable and if am I am not comfortable I won't b productive to discharge my service.

So please wat Is the best response to salary negotiation wen dey tell u their pay Is a particular amount dat is not favourable. and u bargain pay with dem do say I will think abt it and get back to u or u say the pay is unfavourable dat u ve expenses...dey really don't care abt ur expenses. So how best can u negotiate pay without being rude or selfish
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2015
zaralady:
Pls how can on best began salary with employer I jst have a chat with one employer and the salary he offered wasn't comfortable for me so I had tell him to add up Cos the pay wasn't comfortable and if am I am not comfortable I won't b productive to discharge my service.

So please wat Is the best response to salary negotiation wen dey tell u their pay Is a particular amount dat is not favourable. and u bargain pay with dem do say I will think abt it and get back to u or u say the pay is unfavourable dat u ve expenses...dey really don't care abt ur expenses. So how best can u negotiate pay without being rude or selfish
it is better u tell them, u will think about it and give them a reply,it will give opportunity to think about it
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2015
zerray:
it is better u tell them, u will think about it and give them a reply,it will give opportunity to think about it

but wat if the pay isnt favourable...thinking abt it steals ur opportunity to bargain nd how do u bargain
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2015
zaralady:

but wat if the pay isnt favourable...thinking abt it steals ur opportunity to bargain nd how do u bargain
if the pay isnt favourable, you can ask for time in order to arrange ur words more professionally,you can ask if there is anyway they can increase the pay, you can gives reasons.this is my humble opinion.
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
zerray:
if the pay isnt favourable, you can ask for time in order to arrange ur words more professionally,you can ask if there is anyway they can increase the pay, you can gives reasons.this is my humble opinion.

Thnx sweet
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
anybody else please
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
SA
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by anticent(m): 6:57am On Jan 03, 2016
If you are currently working somewhere, then it will be easy to use your current salary as a benchmark which means higher pay will indeed make the move worth it.

The rule of thumb is that, 30% increment in salary is ideal during negotiations ie if you earn 100k simply put your salary expectation at 130k. 100% salary expectation is unrealistic and might make you lose the deal.

If you are not working, you might have to look at other benefits you stand to gain from the job apart from money.
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by ndcide(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2016
In one Asian office, some people earn 70k while their counterparts in another firm earn 170 on same JD.

30% on top 70k for negotiations is funny you know.

These things are not clear cut.
Re: How Can One Answer The Question On Remuneration by zaralady: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Still both get wat the two of us are trying to say.....i mean wen dey ask me much do I want to earn wat should be my response ncide and anticent

(1) (Reply)

Shoregate Hotels Vacancies / Saturday And Sunday Job Needed / Sol Test And Interview (6th May 2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.