Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,232 members, 7,853,201 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) (1059 Views)

Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Soludo Tears Okonjo Iweala To Shreds. / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by archangel1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
grin grin O! Chukwuma nwa soludo,
you have shown unprecendented
profesionalism,
courage ,
and innovation
in Nigerria's monetary economy.
am happy to identify with you. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Hurray for five years of good
and patrotic service!
you have done Anambra proud,
you have done the Igbo nation proud.
YOU SHALL FOLLOW PEACE!!
AND PEACE WILL COME TO YOU!!
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by asha80(m): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
Are you ok
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by desgiezd(m): 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2009
Prof, coming in from the position of Economic Adviser to the president, people didn't know what you were capable of achieving. Even bankers who were supposed to support you had the shortsightedness of not knowing that you meant well, they protested albeit unsuccessfully that CBN governors had always been bankers and that how could a non-banker hold the position.

By the time you enumerated your 13-point agenda and went about achieving them, you made us wonder if you had been planning for that position since you were a kid. Among other achievements, the Banking Consolidation came and hitherto Nigerian weak banks became some of the strongest in Africa. The bankers who hitherto opposed your appointment became the major beneficiaries, you saw what they could not see. Come to think of it, Prof, how would the weak banks have been able to survive during this period of world recession? Most of our banks if not all would have collapsed and the economy would have been long gone. You never for once had us in doubt, you went about your job with utmost focus and with all assuredness.

Prof, even the CBN investment in AFC that made your enemies cried wolf!! wolf!!! where there was none, made the President set up a panel to investigate all the circumstances surrounding that investment, the panelists turned in an unfavorable report but the president, having seen the benefits from that investment has set aside the report and instead commended you. Isnt AFC supposed to be like IFC of the World Bank?

Prof, I doff my hat for you for you are the best thing that has ever happened to the CBN.

Your exit is indeed a glorious one.

I foresee a situation where you would soon bag an international job like fellow compatriots a la Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Oby Ezekwesili.

I love to be associated with you as a Nigerian.

One day soon, I hope and pray that you'll be the president of this nation.

I wish you all the best as you step out of CBN with your shoulder high.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by damola1: 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
You are one great blessing to my country Nigeria.

It's been believed that nothing good comes out of NIgeria, if it tries to come, it just ends there,, look at iweala, look at ribadu, they started but never finished.

You have made Nigerians feel safe, I mean, when great giants, like the lehman brothers, with billions of dollars running out of business, you didn't allow that happen, Nigerians can put money in any bank and know they'll get it, GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

I see you on the road, I will jump, and bow at your great works, God bless you.

I appreciate you!
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by blacksta(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
i dont know anything about soludo - The only notable thing i hear everyone saying is bank consildation - i will hold my comments.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Jarus(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
I respect Soludo, especially for his great grasp of global economy, despite being home-grown.
Soludo is a world-class Economist, and to me, one of the Top 3 Nigeria has ever produced in that field.
Aluko was calling the shots in the 1970's through the 80's, was regarded and consulted as the encyclopedia of Economics and moving repertoire of economic policy options.

Like any other field, Economics has various branches, and I'm not oblivious of the fact that Soludo specializes in Monetary Economics, but he was outstanding in this field. Nigerian varsities are dominated by Professors that know no more than theory(with due respect; not their fault really, but the system is just not permissive), but Soludo has distinguished himself, proving that the Economic theories he teaches in classrooms are really practicable.

Soludo's erudition is also profound. I was opportuned to listen to him live in 2006 when he came, on the invitation of Ife Law Students Society, to deliver a lecture on Economic development, and the way he dealt with the topic was spell-binding. I have also laid my hands on a number of lectures/speeches he made. I have read the policy statement he read on June 5, 2004 at the bankers' committee meeting to officially unveil his 13-point banking reforms agenda(recapitalization was just one of his 13-point reform agenda) and I still have a copy of his recent presentation on global meltdown as it affects Nigeria in my car. No, Soludo's brilliance can only be doubted by an ignoramus.

My take has been that Soludo should be given another term, but Sanusi is not a bad choice either, to me. Sanusi may not have an intimidating academic credential like Soludo, but the guy seems promising. I listened to him as he answered questions fielded by the Senators, and he also exuded brilliance.

Sanusi appears tilted towards focusing on ethical/supervisory role of central banking, and if it's that area he's able to tighten up, while not relaxing Soludo's policies that have strenghtened the system, then at the end of the day, a healthier financial system, and by extension economy, might not be far from sight.

All the best to Soludo as he bowed out. Good luck to Sanusi as he steps in.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by walata44(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
You have made Nigerians feel safe, I mean, when great giants, like the lehman brothers, with billions of dollars running out of business, you didn't allow that happen, Nigerians can put money in any bank and know they'll get it, GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

I would have love to praise this guy for a job welldone but has we all know in Nigeria, this man must have enrich himself and his cronies during his tenure as the CBN Gov. Also, this is a man that came out at the beginning of world economic meltdown that Nigeria is safe from it but after some weeks the demand/price for crude oil fell.

Also, We all know how high the interest rate of borrowing money from Nigeria bank, if you are lucky to get one.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by archangel1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2009
"would have love to praise this guy for a job welldone but has we all know in Nigeria, this man must have enrich himself and his cronies during his tenure as the CBN Gov. Also, this is a man that came out at the beginning of world economic meltdown that Nigeria is safe from it but after some weeks the demand/price for crude oil fell.
Also, We all know how high the interest rate of borrowing money from Nigeria bank, if you are lucky to get one."

you lack some econonic basics. you are sentimental with the man. the ex-governor has no any impact on the crude oil price.be appreciative for the steps he took to wage war on the global economic meltdow embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by walata44(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
you lack some econonic basics. you are sentimental with the man. the ex-governor has no any impact on the crude oil price.be appreciative for the steps he took to wage war on the global economic meltdow

You know what? We don't like to say the truth even when it is clear that this man lack judgement. Remember that Senator McCain start losing is presidential bid when he said "the fundamental of America economy is strong"
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
Soludo,
Touched many lives you never met.
Created opportunities for a brighter future.
Provided hope for generations to come.
Gave us back our pride.
and taught us to think bigger. . . that impossible is nothing!!
We would miss you!
And we know you'll grow higher and higher and make more and more impact!
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
Uhm!! Uhmm!!! sad
With Gratitude to God Almighty, for a Life well spent in successfully looting and handing over to Sanusi for a continuous looting and derailing of Nigerias Financial Apex domain, I hereby say Kudos to you Soludo and More greeze to ya elbow.
Thank God for making u escape a one-time allegation which almost cost u ur job during ur Tenure of defracturing and re-habilitating the Economy of Nigeria at it peak.
Well!!! Celebration arrangements and Venue is as follows; Anambra Township, Brb. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
Desgiezd highly 2nded.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Muza(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
Good riddance. . .
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by KnowAll(m): 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2009
It is unfortunate his(Soludo's) re-denomination of the naira policy was not allowed to see the light of day. Although Yaradua initially said that the policy might be revisited but up to the last few minutes of soludo Governorship nothing was mentioned. I hope sanusi will not hijack this commendable policy which would have yanked Nigeria out of the unneccessary over devalution of her currency. Even though some economic pundits say sanusi is a man that can cut it in finance I wonder what a man who has qualifications in Islamic studies and Arabic studies from sudan in his later years has to contribute to the economic growth of Nigeria, I might however regret this utterances, but we wait to see sanusi's opening gambit.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Jarus(m): 9:47am On Jun 05, 2009
KnowAll:

It is unfortunate his(Soludo's) re-denomination of the naira policy was not allowed to see the light of day. Although Yaradua initially said that the policy might be revisited but up to the last few minutes of soludo Governorship nothing was mentioned. I hope sanusi will not hijack this commendable policy which would have yanked Nigeria out of the unneccessary over devalution of her currency. Even though some economic pundits say sanusi is a man that can cut it in finance I wonder what a man who has qualifications in Islamic studies and Arabic studies from sudan in his later years has to contribute to the economic growth of Nigeria, I might however regret this utterances, but we wait to see sanusi's opening gambit. [/b]
I disagree strongly with the bolded.
You ignore the fact that he had two degrees and Economics and vast experience in banking, and only isolated his Islamic studies degree. His degree in Islamic studies has not taken away those of Economics. And so far, his career has been related to his knowledge of Economics.

He definitely has a personal reason he enrolled for a course in Islamic/Arabic studies, especially voluntarily resigning as a Bank Manager at 30, and pursuing the course.
Remember he's a direct Kano prince, and who knows, he may be nursing an ambition to, later in life, become the Emir of Kano. Islamic knowledge will definitely enhance his chance, as the kingmakers can easily screen him out for being too western, and with no islamic knowledge.

For now his Economics knowledge is being put to use, and maybe in the future, his Islamic knowledge will be more relevant for him. And there is nothing wrong in gathering knowledge in as many fields as you can, depending on your future plans.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by Tudor3(m): 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
Oh soludo! Soludo!
Soludo the eye of the tiger,
the powerful son who killed an elephant like the proverbial ant
the charging naked warrior who fears not the cold
as tall as the iroko yet wise like the tortoise
and so on. . . . .
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by loyeruope: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
Tùdor:

Oh soludo! Soludo!
Soludo the eye of the tiger,
the powerful son who killed an elephant like the proverbial ant
the charging naked warrior who fears not the cold
as tall as the iroko yet wise like the tortoise
and so on. . . . .
I was waiting for this grin grin
I have nothing against Sanusi as a man, but not allowing Soludo to continue just reeks of too much politics. In this period of a global economic crisis, we need someone with a global knowledge and in this area we can't just compare the two.
When Yar'Adua came in we were all happy because of his credentials, two years later, we are all wiser now. So I'll give this guy too two years, before then I wish him good luck and hope Nigeria still remain a viable entity by then.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by archangel1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2009
I wish he is appointed as the  federal minister of finance or national planning to continue his reformation in  other economic areas.He is one of the best thing that happened to the modern Nigeria.In fact, it is objective and justified to say that the immediate past president, OBJ ,should take credit for appointing him as the CBN Governor the first place. He shocked the banking stakeholders by apappointinghis fine economist without any banking prprofessionalackground.But many were taking unawares by his acachievementsnd reformations and despite the criticisms from the northern oligarchy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
HURRAY! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by biina: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2009
KnowAll:

It is unfortunate his(Soludo's) re-denomination of the naira policy was not allowed to see the light of day. Although Yaradua initially said that the policy might be revisited but up to the last few minutes of soludo Governorship nothing was mentioned. I hope sanusi will not hijack this commendable policy which would have yanked Nigeria out of the unneccessary over devalution of her currency.  Even though some economic pundits say sanusi is a man that can cut it in finance I wonder what a man who has qualifications in Islamic studies and Arabic studies from sudan in his later years has to contribute to the economic growth of Nigeria, I might however regret this utterances, but we wait to see sanusi's opening gambit.
On the contrary, we were very fortunate that it didn't see the light of day, as it would have simply damaged the economy further. It was bad enough that they introduced the 1000 Naira note. Revaluing the Naira would have given an initial cosmetic lift, which would have no sooner been washed away by the harsh rain of reality.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by KnowAll(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2009
On the contrary, we were very fortunate that it didn't see the light of day, as it would have simply damaged the economy further. It was bad enough that they introduced the 1000 Naira note. Revaluing the Naira would have given an initial cosmetic lift, which would have no sooner been washed away by the harsh rain of reality.

How can a policy be bad when it has not been tried and tested, have you forgotten that all this mallams changing dollars will be out of jobs, i dont think salami will even re-visit the policy as it will mean harming his own people.
Re: Ode To Prof.soludo(submit Your Felicitation Messages Here) by beystwin: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2009
Soludo is one of the very few great Nigerians we have. I will miss him as Governor of central bank of Nigeria.   kisscry

(1) (Reply)

Terror in Anambra State / Sss Quizzes Etb Md, Seizes Passports Of Bank Phb Directors / Yaradua Has Resigned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.