Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo (766 Views)

Idowu Oluwatosin Olakunle: Police Arrested Me For Being Feminine & Too Slim / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures / Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo by apogeez(m): 3:45am On Dec 14, 2015
According to sunNews the above picture are soldier and four others arrested for alleged involvement in armed robbery.

The suspects who were all in military attires were arrested by the Ilado youths and handed over to the Ilado police post, near the Aja-Koyi Beach.

The suspects led by the Soldier had escaped from police detention and were fleeing in a canoe when they were rearrested by the community who in company with the Ilado police post took them to the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), of the Lagos state Police Command.

A resident, Wasiu Omojola told Daily Sun how the suspects were arrested: “We are predominantly fishermen but some of us do oil business. The military personnel used to come to extort money from us daily. We didn’t know that they were fake. They would come in military uniform while their leader who we later realised is an Army sergent would dress as an Army lieutenant Commander. He would gather us and warned that the Army High Command had sent him on a special duty. He told us that his group was on joint military operation and instructed us to contribute N2millon for his boss. We were able to raise N500,000. The following day, they prevented us from doing our job, so we contributed another N300,000.They still said it was not enough.

“I don’t know how one of us reported the development to the Army authority who said that it didn’t send any team of joint military patrol to our area. When we got the information, we mobilised against the self-acclaimed joint military patrol. When they came the following day to continue their extortion, we arrested them. They did not believe it when we took them to the station.

“We were later informed by the police that the suspects escaped from the cell, so we mobilised again and gave them a hot chase. We later got them and we accompanied the police who took them to SARS”

A police source told Daily Sun that “The Nigerian Army has confirmed that the man who claimed to be a Lieutenant is a Sergeant. The Army has taken him for court-martial. But we have written to the Army that after court-martial, the man should be returned to the Police for proper prosecution.
One of the suspects, simply identified as Oche said: “Well, there is no job in the country. My friend who is an Army Sergeant brought the idea of going to collect money from those doing illegal oil businesses. The Sergeant provided me with the uniform that I am wearing on now. I don’t know about others.
source:http://bennnaji..com.ng/2015/12/police-arrested-soldier-four-others-for.html

Re: Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo by Kennedykak(f): 3:48am On Dec 14, 2015
grin
Re: Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo by ichommy(m): 4:43am On Dec 14, 2015
#Lobatan
Re: Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo by BossBae1(f): 5:31am On Dec 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: Police Arrested Soldier And Four Others For Robbery - See Photo by zinachidi(m): 7:54am On Dec 14, 2015
ope ooo, that moment when a police man, arrests a soldier.

(1) (Reply)

Boy Accidentally Shot Dog With His Manhood / (Photo )Nigerian Navy Declares Pirate Kingping Wanted For Hijack / Photos: Police Drives Away Fulani Herdsmen In Imo State, With Their Cattles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.