Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,656 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Advice Needed Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed Please (291 Views)

Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production / Outdated / Serious Help Needed Please On What Biz To Use 120k For Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed Please by alayabi: 6:38am On Dec 14, 2015
I have a dream project that requires some sizable seed money and I approached a known retired but still active formidable businessman. He was interested and he invited his friends to invest in the project, because of the size of required fund, and they accepted.
I was given a share of 10%, which I accepted. I did all it is required to put the project on track with the financial aupport of the retired businessman (traveling to Abuja, airtime, some personal loan). With doggedness I was able to secure an FDI who is ready to.invest a very huge sum into the project. I travelled to and met them in their office with the peojwcts supporting dicuments. The trip equally affords me the opportunity to know their reality, functions and ability. After some weeks they too visit us in Nigeria and they stayed in Sheraton hotel, without a cost to us, for 5 days.
All things been equal they were impressed and they left with the arrangement of perfecting all the paperwork and commencement of the project after injecting our seed money into the project.
I was surprised when the promoters starts prodding me to convince the FDI to invest into another of their project, which has no relevant to mine, and if the FDI invest into this their own project, they will then deduct part of the fund thereby invested as seed money for my own project. From day one they didn't let me know they don't have the cash for the seed money. I have to tell the FDI the truth when he asked me the rationale for my prodding him, and he told me the promoters are using me.
I have been able to secure a different FDI for them on their project, but they won't leave me alone. Even they didn't tell me what is my gain or benefit of their project.
Please what do you think i ahould do:
Should I stop their project's FDI, whom I have control over;
Should I asked them to pay me consultancy fees for every step/s on this their project as related to the FDI I introduced to them;
Should I asked for shares in their project;
What step/s can I take that won't be termed as 4.1.9;
Any other suggestions please

(1) (Reply)

Quickbooks Training January 2016 / Yuguda Canvasses Support For Buhari / Worth Of This Diesel Wristwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.