Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. (893 Views)

70% Of Elections Are Won By The Opposition Party -INEC / LG Poll Holds Today In Ondo Without Main Opposition Party / Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by igwe44(m): 8:55am On Dec 14, 2015
APC will continue blaming GEJ tenure untill their own tenure elapse,no sentiment this APC government does not even know how to fix this government,the APC government promise Nigerians change,and indeed we are witnessing the change,from the very onset I knew APC was a scam.

1 Like

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by PassingShot(m): 8:58am On Dec 14, 2015
APC promised Nigeria "Change" and we are getting it already.

1 Like

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Djicemob: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2015
Wake me up when buhari elapses his 100days tinubu honeymoon undecided

Or has he used up the honeymoon already? shocked
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Gbawe: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2015
igwe44:
APC will continue blaming GEJ tenure untill their own tenure elapse,no sentiment this APC government does not even know how to fix this government,the APC government promise Nigerians change,and indeed we are witnessing the change,from the very onset I knew APC was a scam.

Buddy, APC is not a "scam". You are the only one ignoring and denying the obvious, to then scam yourself, because of innate prejudice that precludes you from giving credit or support to the Buhari government where due.

Have you been on Mars to have missed revelations that shows GEJ and his PDP gang have looted Nigeria into poverty going into a period where oil, Nigeria's main income, is now at an all time low of $35.00 per barrel from the high of $100.00 - $110.00 per barrel that was almost constant throughout the 4 years the thieving and very wicked GEJ was President?

When I read that Buhari "does not even know how to fix this government" I immediately realise, with all due respect, I am reading the submission of a very ignorant person. Oil is Nigeria's main source of wealth accounting for around 80% of total income. This is so because of military rulers and then 16 years of democratic rule under the PDP during which the Nigerian economy was myopically and dangerously allowed to be completely reliant on the oil wealth of Nigeria. It is income from oil wealth that services virtually the entire operation of government and provides for capital spending which impacts heavily on the economy.

Do you need a rocket scientist to tell you there can be no miracle or overnight abracadabra that can reverse a situation where Nigeria worked with earnings of $108.00 per barrel of oil now reduced to $35.00 per barrel of oil especially as the previous government had looted the nation dry to ensure no 'rainy day savings' is in place to help Nigeria weather the storm during periods like this? Also consider all these tragedies and misfortune have converged at a time when the abysmal failure of the PDP to diversify the Nigerian economy away from over-reliance of oil, over 16 long years, is now making situations a million times worse to mend !!! Yet you unreasonable and unpatriotic folks continue to distract Buhari rather than give him your full support considering what he is trying to reverse.

What has happened to Nigeria, courtesy of 16 years of PDP rule culminating in the disastrous 5 years rule of GEJ, is far worse than the credit crunch saga that plunged many of the worlds largest economies into recession and economic doldrums for a long time !!! How long do you think it took Britain, USA et al to recover from that and be where they are today? Is it the 7 months you ignorant folks are giving Buhari to turn Nigeria into Dubai despite the very severe challenges, caused by the PDP, your kind deliberately choose to remain blind to? I can only give you a clue by saying the UK is still recovering today. Do you know that the credit crunch virtually destroyed nations like Greece, Portugal and Ireland to the extent erstwhile proud nations needed the EU to support and bail them out?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8150137/Ireland-forced-to-take-EU-and-IMF-bail-out-package.html

What is wrong with you people? Do you hate others so much you cannot even do the adult thing of seeing and acknowledging the truth?

You and others should get this and get it once and for all. There is going to be no miracle cure for the Nigerian economy because the damage the PDP has done, combined with the massive decline in oil price the PDP did not save or prepare for, means we are in big trouble. It is only an austere, determined, principled and brave man like Buhari who can save us and guide us towards the path of recovery. Your 'brilliant' NOI (Okonjo-Iweala) turned out to be nothing but another complicit crook with an expensive CV. She contributed directly to where we are today and became a deceptive mouthpiece for the looting of our national wealth. If you want to be a productive citizen then educate yourself thoroughly about what Nigeria is facing, and what must be done to reverse our woes, before making ignorant and annoying submissions.

Buhari's approach of recovering stolen wealth, sanitising the oil sector, cutting waste, diversifying the Nigerian economy aggressively et al are absolutely the right and immediately required steps a serious and focused leader can take. If you want to listen to the deceptive noise of those who caused the problem , i,e the PDP, that a 'miracle cure' exist for the economy than that is your own wahala. They already deem you ignorant and 'malleable' anyway and this is why they peddle falsehood they think you and many Nigerians do not have the intellectual prowess to see through. The fact is that the Nigerian economy, because the PDP papered over the cracks for 16 years with deceit and mago-mago, is sick in ways such that no 'fix' can be seen without the addressing of some very fundamental problems. Let me give you an example. You are building a mansion. Your business is thriving selling aluminium and you sell each sheet for $60,00. Your children attend nice schools and you employ and pay a chef, driver, gardener et al. Lo and behold the price of aluminium crash to $10.00 per sheet. How ignorant would I be if I start harassing you to continue building your mansion at the same pace and splendour when you have far less money to put into the project than you did previously? Should I be insisting you keep on your staff you can hardly pay, because of business hardship, or even be demanding you hire more workers? Does it not make sense I give you time to steady your personal ship and perhaps allow you to look at other options that mean you won't be entirely reliant on your aluminium business alone for your survival and livelihood? You guys really need to think and act maturely because constituting yourselves into saboteurs, when you know the truth. You and yours will suffer too unless you see, say and support what is right.

I would really love, even for once, for you millions of 'economic gurus' and geniuses to propose clearly and without ambiguity what Buhari and the APC should do to deliver the 'miracle fix' you want given the real challenges facing the Nigerian economy that even the brightest brains behinds the world's top economy did not surmount in under 2 years when they faced economic woes far less than Nigeria is facing today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by cephaswizzy(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2015
sad

1 Like

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Geniro: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Buddy, APC is not a "scam". You are the only one ignoring and denying the obvious, to then scam yourself, because of innate prejudice that precludes you from giving credit or support to the Buhari government where due.

Have you been on Mars to have missed revelations that shows GEJ and his PDP gang have looted Nigeria into poverty going into a period where oil, Nigeria's main income, is now at an all time low of $35.00 per barrel from the high of $100.00 - $110.00 per barrel that was almost constant throughout the 4 years the thieving and very wicked GEJ was President?

When I read that Buhari "does not even know how to fix this government" I immediately realise, with all due respect, I am reading the submission of a very ignorant person. Oil is Nigeria's main source of wealth accounting for around 80% of total income. This is so because of military rulers and then 16 years of democratic rule under the PDP during which the Nigerian economy was myopically and dangerously allowed to be completely reliant on the oil wealth of Nigeria. It is income from oil wealth that services virtually the entire operation of government and provides for capital spending which impacts heavily on the economy.

Do you need a rocket scientist to tell you there can be no miracle or overnight abracadabra that can reverse a situation where Nigeria worked with earnings of $108.00 per barrel of oil now reduced to $35.00 per barrel of oil especially as the previous government had looted the nation dry to ensure no 'rainy day savings' is in place to help Nigeria weather the storm during periods like this? Also consider all these tragedies and misfortune have converged at a time when the abysmal failure of the PDP to diversify the Nigerian economy away from over-reliance of oil, over 16 long years, is now making situations a million times worse to mend !!! Yet you unreasonable and unpatriotic folks continue to distract Buhari rather than give him your full support considering what he is trying to reverse.

What has happened to Nigeria, courtesy of 16 years of PDP rule culminating in the disastrous 5 years rule of GEJ, is far worse than the credit crunch saga that plunged many of the worlds largest economies into recession and economic doldrums for a long time !!! How long do you think it took Britain, USA et al to recover from that and be where they are today? Is it the 7 months you ignorant folks are giving Buhari to turn Nigeria into Dubai despite the very severe challenges, caused by the PDP, your kind deliberately choose to remain blind to? I can only give you a clue by saying the UK is still recovering today. Do you know that the credit crunch virtually destroyed nations like Greece, Portugal and Ireland to the extent erstwhile proud nations needed the EU to support and bail them out?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8150137/Ireland-forced-to-take-EU-and-IMF-bail-out-package.html

What is wrong with you people? Do you hate others so much you cannot even do the adult thing of seeing and acknowledging the truth?

You and others should get this and get it once and for all. There is going to be no miracle cure for the Nigerian economy because the damage the PDP has done, combined with the massive decline in oil price the PDP did not save or prepare for, means we are in big trouble. It is only an austere, determined, principled and brave man like Buhari who can save us and guide us towards the path of recovery. Your 'brilliant' NOI (Okonjo-Iweala) turned out to be nothing but another complicit crook with an expensive CV. She contributed directly to where we are today and became a deceptive mouthpiece for the looting of our national wealth. If you want to be a productive citizen then educate yourself thoroughly about what Nigeria is facing, and what must be done to reverse our woes, before making ignorant and annoying submissions.

Buhari's approach of recovering stolen wealth, sanitising the oil sector, cutting waste, diversifying the Nigerian economy aggressively et al are absolutely the right and immediately required steps a serious and focused leader can take. If you want to listen to the deceptive noise of those who caused the problem , i,e the PDP, that a 'miracle cure' exist for the economy than that is your own wahala. They already deem you ignorant and 'malleable' anyway and this is why they peddle falsehood they think you and many Nigerians do not have the intellectual prowess to see through. The fact is that the Nigerian economy, because the PDP papered over the cracks for 16 years with deceit and mago-mago, is sick in ways such that no 'fix' can be seen without the addressing of some very fundamental problems. Let me give you an example. You are building a mansion. Your business is thriving selling aluminium and you sell each sheet for $60,00. Your children attend nice schools and you employ and pay a chef, driver, gardener et al. Lo and behold the price of aluminium crash to $10.00 per sheet. How ignorant would I be if I start harassing you to continue building your mansion at the same pace and splendour when you have far less money to put into the project than you did previously? Should I be insisting you keep on your staff you can hardly pay, because of business hardship, or even be demanding you hire more workers? Does it not make sense I give you time to steady your personal ship and perhaps allow you to look at other options that mean you won't be entirely reliant on your aluminium business alone for your survival and livelihood? You guys really need to think and act maturely because constituting yourselves into saboteurs, when you know the truth. You and yours will suffer too unless you see, say and support what is right.

I would really love, even for once, for you millions of 'economic gurus' and geniuses to propose clearly and without ambiguity what Buhari and the APC should do to deliver the 'miracle fix' you want given the real challenges facing the Nigerian economy that even the brightest brains behinds the world's top economy did not surmount in under 2 years when they faced economic woes far less than Nigeria is facing today.

PDP this !! PDP that !! Meanwhile.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

1 Like

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by obailala(m): 11:51am On Dec 14, 2015
Geniro:

PDP this !! PDP that !! Meanwhile.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Kindly point out the period of time when Buhari was in the PDP?

When you do the above, may you also kindly point out the time Prof Osinbajo was also in PDP?
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by tuniski: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
obailala:

When you do the above, may you also kindly point out the time Prof Osinbajo was also in PDP?
trying to be clever by hiding behind a finger! Apc. Destroyed nigeria and is about to bury it!
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Geniro: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
obailala:

This is a very flimsy and silly attempt by you. Buhari and Osinbajo alone don't make up the APC.

So when you scream the PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years, factor in the new "saints" in the APC whose past sins have been forgiven.
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Gbawe: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
Geniro:

This is a very flimsy and silly attempt by you. Buhari and Osinbajo alone don't make up the APC.

So when you scream the PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years, factor in the new "saints" in the APC whose past sins have been forgiven.

You guys make me laugh with your deliberate acts of omission and commission which seeks to blur the lines so that Nigerians do not know who to blame for their predicament. The bottom line is that it is the cumulative policies and unpatriotic actions/looting of PDP Presidents since 1999 that has gotten us where we are today. There is no way to spin that simple fact. Any reasonable person would give the APC a reasonable amount of time to fix what, courtesy of the PDP, amounts to greater economic woes than developed western nations were able to overcome when many became economically distressed some years ago.

1 Like

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Geniro: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
Gbawe:

[s]You guys make me laugh with your deliberate acts of omission and commission which seeks to blur the lines so that Nigerians do not know who to blame for their predicament. The bottom line is that it is the cumulative policies and unpatriotic actions/looting of PDP Presidents since 1999 that has gotten us where we are today. There is no way to spin that simple fact. Any reasonable person would give the APC a reasonable amount of time to fix what, courtesy of the PDP, amounts to greater economic woes than developed western nations were able to overcome when many became economically distressed some years ago. [/s]

Spare this crap to those gullible enough to lap them in. The shenanigans of the APC led government is unfolding and Nigerians are keenly observing and taking notes.
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Gbawe: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Geniro:

Spare this crap to those gullible enough to lap them in. The shenanigans of the APC led government is unfolding and Nigerians are keenly observing and taking notes.

You are just ignorant and totally unexposed and this is why you can dismiss fact-based argument as "crap". There is no 'shenanigans' as you put it and any reasonable person with a sound knowledge of how nations are run will understand the depth and severity of the challenges the APC is facing and why simple-minded folks, who deliberately fail to educate themselves, will never appreciate that the sort of 'change' they are insisting on seeing cannot be delivered in months. When you don't see employment everywhere you begin shouting "the change is fake" yet what jobs are you going to see created at a time when government is struggling seriously, because of a 60% shortfall in income, to even fund its own affairs and pay the workers currently under its employment?

Are you guys for real at all? How can jobs be created in a seriously depressed economy? Britain is a perfect example with how unemployment and retrenchment, because many businesses had to lay workers off, was high at the beginning of the credit crunch-led recession. It was only after addressing the underpinning issues that jobs, prosperity and economic growth began to return years after the worst period hit many nations hard. Nigeria has been hit far worse because, courtesy of the PDP, we do not even have 'rainy day' buffers/savings, a diversified economy and lack a vibrant SME sector which is the life blood of the economy of many developed nation. We do not have those instruments to use in aiding the sort of recovery far more robust economies could not manage in three-four years yet Buhari and the APC have to do literally everything from scratch !!!!!

As if that task is not difficult enough, the Government has to contend with those, like you, who are educated yet totally fail to rise above ignorance and pettiness to then be part of a joint effort to repair the horrendous damage 16 years of PDP rule has done. I really feel sorry for Nigeria because it is a nation that is very unlucky in the sense that Nigerians are the greatest of their own nation.
Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Geniro: 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Gbawe:

[s]You are just ignorant and totally unexposed and this is why you can dismiss fact-based argument as "crap". There is no 'shenanigans' as you put it and any reasonable person with a sound knowledge of how nations are run will understand the depth and severity of the challenges the APC is facing and why simple-minded folks, who deliberately fail to educate themselves, will never appreciate that the sort of 'change' they are insisting cannot be delivered in months. When you don't see employment everywhere you begin shouting "the change is fake" yet what jobs are you going to see created at a time when government is struggling seriously, because of a 60% plus shortfall in income, to even fund its own affairs and pay the workers currently under its employment?

Are you guys for real at all? How can jobs be created in a seriously depressed economy? Britain is a perfect example with how unemployment and retrenchment, because many businesses had to lay workers off, was high at the beginning of the credit crunch-led recession. It was only after addressing the underpinning issues that jobs, prosperity and economic growth began to return years after the worst period hit many nations hard. Nigeria has been hit far worse because, courtesy of the PDP, we do not even have 'rainy day' buffers/savings, a diversified economy and lack a vibrant SME sector which is the life blood of the economy of many developed nation. We do not have those instruments to use in aiding the sort of recovery far more robust economies could not manage in three-four years yet Buhari and the APC have to do literally everything from scratch !!!!!

As if that task is not difficult enough, the Government has to contend with those, like you, who are educated yet totally fail to rise above ignorance and pettiness to then be part of a joint effort to repair the horrendous damage 16 years of PDP rule has done. I really feel sorry for Nigeria because it is a nation that is very unlucky in the sense that Nigerians are the greatest of their own nation.[/s]

Another load of meaningless trash. PDP bla bla bla, but.

Re: APC Still Acting Like An Opposition Party. by Dhugal: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
PassingShot:
APC promised Nigeria "Change" and we are getting it already.
You're getting it in old coins,shey?

(1) (Reply)

Borno Hunters Beg Army: Allow Us To Over-run Boko Haram In Sambisa / Throwback: Can Buhari Take On The Import Monster And Win? - The Economist (1984) / President Buhari Meets Olamide At Ogun State Event (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.