Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. (713 Views)

Trendy Suits For Men About To Make A Bold Move / Be Bold Or Subtle With Services From Professional Makeup Salons / Step Out In Style With These Ankara Styles And Design For Couple -vol 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. by mindboggler: 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
Be bold, step out and take that risk.
That was what I told myself when I wanted to go get a new hairdo. It wasn't my normal kind of hair do but a very daring type. Normal hair colour for me would either be black or dark brown, perhaps with a tinge of wine red or blond here and there and that's it. I got tired of these colours and decided to go for a bold colour. You know something to make me look yaga but the problem was that I was scared of what people would think or say if I got the colour I had my eyes on. I then wondered if the colour would actually look good on me. Would I rock that hair colour well?
Anyway, I closed my eyes and made up my mind to go ahead and do what was on my mind. So, I decided to go blonde with no diluting colours like black or brown anywhere. In I went into my hair dresser's saloon and specified what I wanted. He smiled and said, "Ah Aunty, this colour is unlike you. It is very bold, can you deal with what will accompany it?" And I asked him to just get on with it. I couldn't change my mind at that point, even if I did, I still wouldn't have been able to do so because I had already bought my hair extensions so no turning back. My money no go loss nau.
When he was done, I was a bit shy. I spent an extra 30 minutes in his saloon building up the courage to step out and go home. Finally, I left. On the one hand I got looks that classified me as a lady of the night, I got thumbs down, some would look at me from that my blonde hair to my toes and hiss. Those looks would have been hot enough to burn paper lol. And on the other hand I also got looks of admiration, nice compliments, tips on how to rock the hair better. One or two friends even decided to go get the same hair do too and am like wow, am now a celeb.
Am rocking my hair and enjoying every minute of it. It put a certain spring to my step sef.

Living life is all about spicing things up and taking risks. I don't believe in living a monotonous life. Such a life is sooooo boring. Going to work and doing the same thing every day, eating the same set of food all the time, dressing up the same way all the time and of course getting the same hair do and colour all the time.
I want to encourage someone out there to get up and do something different in his or her life. As long as it is not immoral, does not go contrary to the laws of the land and is not evil then by all means do something new for you. Life is too short to live on a one way track. Don't be bothered by what people would think or say, they are going to say stuff anyway, but instead think about the benefit(s) you could achieve. All you have to do is to take the first step.
Taking a risk may turn out right or wrong but either way, the fact is that YOU took that risk and you will go down in history as that person that did something so unlike him or her and that's all that matters.
So my people, take a risk and be glad you did. Toodles!

Visit my blog www.amaxonowu..com for my opinion on issues and
follow me on twitter @amaxonowu

Re: Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. by okirewaju(f): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
I likey

Looks good
Re: Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
Last Days move backfires...

Take down those photos with alacrity!
Re: Be Bold, Step Out And Take That Risk. by mindboggler: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
My point exactly!
When you take a risk, expect approvals and disapprovals but nevertheless, forge on wink

(1) (Reply)

Look More Trendy With Black Tribal Kimono Jacket From Oasis Shirts / 양정마사지 Abам18쫌넷 아밤 백마마사지상갈마사지 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.