Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister (956 Views)

Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by alcmene: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun, at the opening of the 7th Annual Bankers Committee retreat in Lagos, predicted that year 2016 would be a tough year for Nigeria.

She also noted that Nigeria is facing some significant micro-economic challenges that required some fiscal house-keeping.

In her words, “It is going to be tough and we are going to have to make extremely tough decision. We have got the resilience and space to do that.”

Adeosun however predicted that there was still hope for Nigeria as the debt to GDP ratio is at 12 percent and that gives space to run a deficit budget which in turn will enable the stimulating of the economy.

In her words, “To do so, we need to do some fiscal housekeeping. We have to control the significant challenge we have around recurrent. If you look at recurrent at a percentage of our total budget with the just approved supplementary budget, it is about 90 percent. If we continue in that trajectory, every penny we borrow will go into recurrent,” she said.

http://www.theheraldng.com/finance-minister-predicts-tough-2016-for-nigerians/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by BIDOO(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
tough year!!! I reject this as for me and my family we will flourish, by the way is she prophesise or cunning from her half-damage brain
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by alcmene: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
They keep saying the country is broke,

while the fulani president and his mumu deputy are busy wasting the country resources on meaningless journey.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by gunuvi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
BIDOO:
tough year!!! I reject this as for me and my family we will flourish, by the way is she prophesise or cunning from her half-damage brain
Me too. This government has no plan towards making nigerians life better.
My own life will be better next year and many more years to come. It's going to be from glory to glory.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by utytill(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
Not my portion.i live a life of favour,i know who i am.i am walking in miracle.it is well with my soul.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by marwanafrica: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
she is stupid, apart from this 7 month toughness, she mean we shld stil be expecting anoda one gud hear of toughness as in how, tnk GOD PVC,s are still alive apc is not ordained by God,
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by jorlons(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
We need to really damn d consequences and free up the money being tied down by subsidy. Like she said, monies borrowed should be used judiciously on capital expenditures that will yield on a short to medium term.
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by ishiamu(m): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
alcmene:
They keep saying the country is broke,

while the fulani president and his mumu deputy are busy wasting the country resources on meaningless journey.

This foolish minister mtchew
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by LadyExcellency: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
The hunger go wire the wailers and psycophants alike.

Below is what Buhari tasked you to do, Madam Minister

We Will Be Judged By The Number Of People We Lifted From Poverty - Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday instructed his new ministers to ensure they run a lean government at all levels, to avoid wastage of public funds.

The president charged them to key into the change agenda of government, as they are the vehicle that will administer the change to Nigerians.

He gave the charge when he opened a two-day retreat for the 36 ministers who are yet to be sworn into office yet.

The event held at the old banquet hall of the presidential villa in Abuja.
Mr. Buhari said the administration would be assessed based on the number of Nigerians it is able to lift out of poverty.

The retreat, themed, “Delivering change from precepts to practice”, was attended by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, all ministers-designate and other presidential aides.

Speaking at the opening ceremony before the retreat went into closed session, President Buhari said the ministers must be the drivers of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, APC’s change mantra.

“You are coming on board the ship of governance at an interesting time. So much has been said about the state of our economy. It is expected that we make the running of Government at all levels as lean as possible, avoid waste and conserve resources. As ministers, you must be the vehicle that will administer the change,” he said.

“Our main task is to turn our manifesto promises to practice and results. Over the next two days I expect you to have a better understanding of the context in which we have taken the challenge of serving our country, as well as the strategies we have adopted to tackle them. I would also expect you to be even more determined to work as a team, and to live up to the high standards of probity and integrity which Nigerians expect of us.”

Mr. Buhari said the major focus of his administration would be diversification from oil.

“We will intervene in mining and agriculture and upgrade the country’s physical and social infrastructure, which will broaden our revenue base and significantly improve the level of employment, especially among the youth. Our economic focus will be policies that will ensure inclusive growth and we will count our achievements based on the number of Nigerians we move out of poverty,” he said.

He reminded the ministers to establish effective communication with their colleagues, and to rout all communication and appointments to the presidency through the Office of the Chief of Staff “as is normal in this Presidential System”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192693-well-be-judged-by-the-number-of-nigerians-lifted-from-poverty-buhari-tells-ministers.html
Re: 2016 Will Be Tough For Nigerians-finance Minister by bjdon: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
LadyExcellency:
The hunger go wire the wailers and psycophants alike.

Below is what Buhari tasked you to do, Madam Minister

We Will Be Judged By The Number Of People We Lifted From Poverty - Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday instructed his new ministers to ensure they run a lean government at all levels, to avoid wastage of public funds.

The president charged them to key into the change agenda of government, as they are the vehicle that will administer the change to Nigerians.

He gave the charge when he opened a two-day retreat for the 36 ministers who are yet to be sworn into office yet.

The event held at the old banquet hall of the presidential villa in Abuja.
Mr. Buhari said the administration would be assessed based on the number of Nigerians it is able to lift out of poverty.

The retreat, themed, “Delivering change from precepts to practice”, was attended by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, all ministers-designate and other presidential aides.

Speaking at the opening ceremony before the retreat went into closed session, President Buhari said the ministers must be the drivers of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, APC’s change mantra.

“You are coming on board the ship of governance at an interesting time. So much has been said about the state of our economy. It is expected that we make the running of Government at all levels as lean as possible, avoid waste and conserve resources. As ministers, you must be the vehicle that will administer the change,” he said.

“Our main task is to turn our manifesto promises to practice and results. Over the next two days I expect you to have a better understanding of the context in which we have taken the challenge of serving our country, as well as the strategies we have adopted to tackle them. I would also expect you to be even more determined to work as a team, and to live up to the high standards of probity and integrity which Nigerians expect of us.”

Mr. Buhari said the major focus of his administration would be diversification from oil.

“We will intervene in mining and agriculture and upgrade the country’s physical and social infrastructure, which will broaden our revenue base and significantly improve the level of employment, especially among the youth. Our economic focus will be policies that will ensure inclusive growth and we will count our achievements based on the number of Nigerians we move out of poverty,” he said.

He reminded the ministers to establish effective communication with their colleagues, and to rout all communication and appointments to the presidency through the Office of the Chief of Staff “as is normal in this Presidential System”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192693-well-be-judged-by-the-number-of-nigerians-lifted-from-poverty-buhari-tells-ministers.html

By this time next year, there will be no wailers or sycophants, only hungry people searching for garri.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really Ready For Biafra?watch The Encounter Short Film / Banning Of Biafra Supporters On Nairaland / Former Nigerian Ambasador(jaja Nwachukwu To UN Dossing At The UN Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.