Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court (1442 Views)

Patrick Akpobolokemi Threatens To Slap Female Reporter (video, Pic) / Ex-NIMASA Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi In Court Today - Pictured / Patrick Akpobolokemi Bundled Into A Van By Security Operatives - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by jcflex(m): 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
Security operatives, on Monday, re-arrested a former Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Patrick Akpobolokemi, outside the premises of the Federal High Court on Oyinkan Abayomi Drive in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Akpobolokemi was picked up by mobile policemen and plain clothes operatives, who bundled him up and forced him into an awaiting bus just as he stepped out of the court premises.

His re-arrest came shortly after his trial over alleged N2.6bn fraud before Justice Ibrahim Buba was adjourned till January 18, 2016.

Aside his ongoing criminal trial before Justice Buba, there is another N3.4bn fraud charges pending against him and nine others before Justice Saliu Saidu of the same court, which has been adjourned till January 29, 2016.

Akpobolokemi, who was dressed in white on Monday, had just been released from the prison custody on Friday after he perfected a bail of N50m granted him by Justice Buba.

He had resisted the move to re-arrest him, claiming that he was on bail, but he was pushed, overpowered and bundled into a waiting bus by security operatives, while his lawyer, Dr. Joseph Nwobike (SAN), looked on helplessly.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

NAN

Justice Ibrahim Buba of a Federal High Court, Lagos, today fixed January 18, 2016 for the trial of former boss of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Patrick Akpobolokemi and five others, charged with N2.6 billion theft.

Akpobolokemi is standing trial alongside Ezekiel Agaba, Ekene Nwakuche, Amaechi Juan and two companies, Blockz and Stonez Limited and Al-Kenzo Logistic Limited, on 22 counts.

The accused were charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

They were first arraigned before Justice Saliu Saidu of the same court, on December 3, on 30 counts bordering on conversion and stealing.

They were again arraigned before Justice Ibrahim Buba on December 4 on a fresh 22 counts, also bordering on conversion and theft.

They had all pleaded not guilty to the charge and justice Buba had granted them bail in the sum of N50 million each, with two sureties each in like sum.

The court had also ordered the accused to sign an undertaking not to unnecessarily delay speedy trial.

Buba had then adjourned the case for trial.

When the case was called on Monday, counsel to the third, fifth, and sixth accused, Mr Seni Adio, informed the court that he required some time to prepare for trial, having been briefed.

He, therefore, prayed the court for time to peruse the documents and prepare for trial.

The prayer for adjournment was also adopted by counsel to the other accused.

Consequently, Buba adjourned the case till January 18 for trial.

www.punchng.com/court-to-try-ex-nimasa-boss-others-jan-18/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by doctokwus: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
These Magu EFCC operatives are not smiling at all.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by agitator: 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
ok, make efcc continue wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Great
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by ishiamu(m): 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Please is amaechi saint more than judas? I think they both got something in common,
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by naijaGhandi: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
You need to watch the drama of his re-arrest. I could not help but laugh at his resistance.

1 Like

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by EazyMoh(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
The news of these arrests sweet pass orgasm! Kaaiiii!
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by PassingShot(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
This war on corruption go pass the one of 1983 oooooo. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
jcflex:

Akpobolokemi, who was dressed in white on Monday, had just been released from the prison custody on Friday after he perfected a bail of N50m granted him by Justice Buba.

He had resisted the move to re-arrest him, claiming that he was on bail, but he was pushed, overpowered

No more respect for the rule of law and our courts. I weep for Nigeria. One can hardly resist the temptation to call this contraption a zoo

1 Like

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by nduchucks: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Patrick, you for don run go abroad for medical treatment na.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by vedaxcool(m): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Witches and wizard minions of evil must be hunted till there is no more voodoo in the land.

Wailers welcome to a new Nigeria. No more wuru wuru no stealing.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by bettercreature(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
PassingShot:
Its getting serious,we should all be happy about this.Finally the hunter become the hunted
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
PassingShot:
Amaechi. Tinubu. Obj. Danjuma. Atiku Fashola. ngige. Fayemi. They are all saints abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
I still see all these trials by media as sham. I remembered when Obj was doing same with Ribadu and @ the end of the day the whole politicians walked free

1 Like

Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by disloman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
ishiamu:
Please is amaechi saint more than judas? I think they both got something in common,
I remember last time when Ameachi said Whoever had bribed him in anyway should come out.What's stopping you people from coming out.When PDP find themselves in power again,they can probe him.That is even PDP can.
Re: Ex-nimasa Boss, Patrick Akpobolokemi Re-arrested Outside Court by disloman(m): 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I still see all these trials by media as sham. I remembered when Obj was doing same with Ribadu and @ the end of the day the whole politicians walked free
Robot detected

(1) (Reply)

Is This Dasuki's Property / My Advice To Cultists / BREAKING NEWS: EFCC Arrests Jonathan, Wife Over $190billion Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.