Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,012 members, 7,852,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

(PHOTO): Fake Naval Officers, Soldier Arrested For Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / (PHOTO): Fake Naval Officers, Soldier Arrested For Extortion (568 Views)

Fake Soldier Arrested While Osinbajo Was Inspecting Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (pics) / Fake Naval Officer Snaps Girl Unclad In Hotel After Sex, Tries To Take Her Blood / Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTO): Fake Naval Officers, Soldier Arrested For Extortion by alberson(f): 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
Police officers attached to the Ilado Police post, near the Ajakoyi Beach, have paraded four fake naval officers and a soldier for alleged extortion of residents. The suspects wearing military and navy uniform,
Vanguard reports that the suspects who were dressed in military uniform were apprehended in Lagos state at the weekend by youths at Ilado area of the state while they were fleeing in a canoe after escaping from police detention. Reports say the suspects were later handed over to operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, (SARS) Lagos state command in Ikeja. A resident of the area, who gave his name as Wasiu Omojola, told Vanguard that: “We are predominantly fishermen but some of us do oil business. The military personnel used to come to extort money from us daily. “We didn’t even know that they were fake officers. They would come in military uniform. Their leader whom we later realized is an Army Sergeant would dress as an Army Lieutenant Commander. He would gather us and warn that the Army High Command had sent him on a special duty. “He told us that his group was on Joint Military operation. He then instructed us to contribute N2 million for his boss. We were able to raise N500, 000. The following day, they prevented us from doing our job, so we had to contribute another N300, 000. They still said it was not yet okay with them. “I don’t know how one of us reported the development to Army authorities who said that they didn’t send any team for joint military patrol to our area. When we got the information, we now mobilized against the self- acclaimed joint military patrol. “When they arrived the following day to resume their extortion, we arrested them. They did not believe it when we took them to the Police. We were later informed by the same Police that the suspects escaped from their cell, so we mobilized again and gave them a hot chase. We later arrested them and brought them to SARS.” It was gathered from a source within the police that the Nigerian Army confirmed that the suspect who paraded himself as a lieutenant was actually a sergeant. “The Army has taken him for court-martial but we have written to the Army that after the court – martial, the man should be brought back to the Police for proper prosecution,” the source said. Speaking to newsmen, one of the suspects who gave his name as Oche said: “Well, there is no job in the country. My friend who is an Army Sergeant brought the idea of going to collect money from those doing illegal oil businesses. The sergeant provided me with the uniform that I am putting on now. I don’t know about others. Sergeant is the one sharing our loot. I got N50, 000 three times but I could not believe it when we were arrested. It is true, we escaped from Police cell. We broke through the window protectors. It was while we were escaping through the waterside that we were re- arrested and handed over to SARS.”

(1) (Reply)

Man Electrocuted Trying To Steal Electric Cable / Husband Drowns Himself By Jumping Into Lake Tied To Concrete Weight Containing W / Son Stabs Mother To Death During Argument In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.