Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) (22078 Views)

Fake Naval Officer Snaps Girl Unclad In Hotel After Sex, Tries To Take Her Blood / Policemen In Kaduna Arrest Soldier For Smoking Indian Hemp [PHOTOS] / Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by ijustdey: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
By Faith Ake

LAGOS—Four fake naval personnel and a soldier were weekend arrested by Lagos state Police command for alleged armed robbery. The suspects who were all in military attires were arrested by youths at Ilado area of Lagos state while they were fleeing in a canoe after escaping from police detention and handed over to Ilado Police post, near the Ajakoyi Beach.

Handed over to SARS
They were later handed over to the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, of the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja. A resident, Wasiu Omojola, who narrated the incident to Vanguard said:
“We are predominantly fishermen but some of us do oil business. The military personnel used to come to extort money from us daily.

We didn’t even know that they were fake officers. They would come in military uniform. Their leader whom we later realized is an Army Sergeant would dress as an Army Lieutenant Commander.
He would gather us and warn that the Army High Command had sent him on a special duty.

“He told us that his group was on Joint Military operation. He then instructed us to contribute N2 millon for his boss. We were able to raise N500,000. The following day, they prevented us from doing our job, so we had to contribute another N300,000.They still said it was not yet okay with them.

Wasiu Omojola added: “I don’t know how one of us reported the development to Army authorities who said that they didn’t send any team for joint military patrol to our area. When we got the information, we now mobilized against the self- acclaimed joint military patrol.

Extortion and arrest
“When they arrived the following day to resume their extortion, we arrested them. They did not believe it when we took them to the Police. We were later informed by the same Police that the suspects escaped from their cell, so we mobilized again and gave them a hot chase. We later arrested them and brought them to SARS.”

Police sources said the Nigerian Army has confirmed that the man who claimed to be a Lieutenant is a Sergeant. “The Army has taken him for court-martial but we have written to the Army that after the court – martial, the man should be brought back to the Police for proper prosecution.”

Susupect speaks
One of the suspects simply identified as Oche said: “Well, there is no job in the country. My friend who is an Army Sergeant brought the idea of going to collect money from those doing illegal oil businesses. The sergeant provided me with the uniform that I am putting on now. I don’t know about others. Sergeant is the one sharing our loot. I got N50,000 three times but I could not believe it when we were arrested.
“It is true, we escaped from Police cell. We broke through the window protectors. It was while we were escaping through the waterside that we were re-arrested and handed over to SARS.”

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State command, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects were rescued from the hands of an angry mob that attempted to lynch them. “They were robbing people of their belongings. The people were attempting to lynch them when the Police stormed the place and rescued them. The sum of N380,000 was recovered from the suspect.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/police-arrest-soldier-fake-naval-personnel-for-robbery-in-lagos/

lalasticlala

Pic: the nabbed suspects.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by ChuzzyBlog: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nice one! Keep the good work on! There are lots more to be identified!

Checkout Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose @@ http://www.chuzzysblog.com/2015/12/photos-of-baby-boy-that-has-brain.html

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Twaci(f): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nice one. Our force should be properly quarantined and the corrupt/fake ones cut off. Thats d first step to achieving a minimally corrupt country.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Last Days 9ja security uniforms are like granting a criminal license to operate with impunity
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Theyveedo(m): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by veekid(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
Man no fit chop grass Nw,

Poor men!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by moscobabs(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
op what's the meaning of susupect speak
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by meritamarachi(f): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
wipe them all out.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Vivipop(f): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
...and one day is for the owner.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by shammah1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good. Hope they do the needful and stop deceiving Nigerians on the news

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Greataausim(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
embarassed tongue
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Daslim180(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
Today's Reality

Big House________Small Family

More Degrees ________ Less Common Sense

Advanced Medicine________Poor Health

High Income ______ Less Peace of Mind

High IQ _____ Less Emotion

Good Knowledge _____ Less Wisdom

Numbers of Affairs ______ No True Love

Lot of Friends on Facebook ____ No best Friends

More Alcohol _____ Less Water

Lots of Human________ Less Humanity

Costly Watches _________ But No Time

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by nzedon9: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by wellmax(m): 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
I can bet majority of uniformed men claiming 'staff' in Lagos buses are all fakes.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Kai! Yeebos will not destabilize this Country for us with their criminal tendencies. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by passionate88: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Only in Lagos
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Beehshorp(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
What is the difference between our men in uniform and ceiminals?
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by bigwig10(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good work,buh there are still many perpetrators like this out there,good work to the community
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Felix0708: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by iceberryose(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
I just pray make e be those guys wey use me do frog jump for almost one hour God is Good

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by rawtouch: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
They escaped from the cell and were rearrested by the villagers, I will advise those people not to rely on the police anymore

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by gretblue: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lagoon is close to where they were arrested.Asap lagooned them all.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by mcayomind: 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
The fishermen give them a chase and re-arrest them while our uniform men stay put on there station doing absolutely nothing. Seems our policemen are suffering from obesity.. Thank u Lord they've arrested them once more|- cheers... I drink to that! One bottle for odeku please?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by kitchen(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
even a soldier !!! anyways, buhari body language is hunting d bad eggs
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by wyqay: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
I think there's need for the Nigerian government to put in more effort to improve the standard of living of every citizen.this will surely reduce of sort of vices in our society.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by Novaworld(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
End time
Re: Police Arrest Soldier, Fake Naval Personnel For Robbery In Lagos (photo) by hertheytheydgee(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Fake people everywhere

Fake govt and fake citizens
End time!

Meanwhile!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father Kills Two Sons With Poison Over Witchcraft In Bayelsa (Photo) / RRS Arrests Fake Police Officer In Oshodi (Photos) / Father Tried To Kill His Son Twice After Accusing Him Of Witchcraft. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.