Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? (1302 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This. / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
For instance, they granted Dokpesi Bail today to the tune of some say its 200m While others say its 400m. Now I kept wondering.... What happens to all the money the courts gets as BAIL from citizens. Are they remitted to the FG in form of revenue or what?

House, Please enlighten me
Re: What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? by geez18(m): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
bail is money given in exchange for one's freedom whilst a case against the person runs its course in a court of law.the bail money is normally returned at the end of the trial.it is assumed that whilst the court has the accused/defendants' bail money in their(court's) possession,it will act as a guarantee that the accused/defendants will show up in court.
Re: What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
geez18:
bail is money given in exchange for one's freedom whilst a case against the person runs its course in a court of law.the bail money is normally returned at the end of the trial.it is assumed that whilst the court has the accused/defendants' bail money in their(court's) possession,it will act as a guarantee that the accused/defendants will show up in court.

thanks soo much bro. I appreciate
Re: What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
return ke. . ..
Re: What Happens To All The Bail Money Courts Are Collecting? by okolochyke: 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
himkers:
For instance, they granted Dokpesi Bail today to the tune of some say its 200m While others say its 400m. Now I kept wondering.... What happens to all the money the courts gets as BAIL from citizens. Are they remitted to the FG in form of revenue or what?

House, Please enlighten me

You are one of the people that call Buhari a dullard and yet you so oblivious as to how simple court bail works?

Another iPod youth.

What gives you the impression that the sureties need to provide the funds?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

(pics) APC Thugs Arrested In Military Uniform / Rivers Rerun Election: Unofficial Results / Dabiri Abike Meets 1st Nigerian 2 Become Deputy Chief Of Police In New York(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.