Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers (550 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS / Capital Oil Sold Missing Fuel Worth N11bn, Senate Calls For Massive Sack In NNPC / Rochas Okorocha Approves Grazing Bill In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by abagram(m): 6:01am On Dec 15, 2015
Health workers in Imo State now have cause to smile ahead of the yuletide, as Governor Rochas Okorocha has approved N11 billion to offset their nine months arrears.
In addition, the governor has declared three weeks holidays for workers for the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
The Imo state governor, who disclosed this during an interactive session with journalists at the Government House yesterday explained that the government does not owe its workers except the health workers, who, he said, had refused to collect their money after a reduction in their allowances.
Okorocha said: “I have paid all the workers up to date except the health workers and six parastatals that have issues with the government.”
He regretted that about 95 percent of the allocation to the state is spent on the state’s workers.
“We spend more money on our workers, 95 percent of total money that comes to Imo is spent on workers, who are about 40,000, yet no productivity, this is my pain and anger.
“I stand to be challenged by any worker who says salary has not been paid, four years ago, we did not owe workers, we were the first to pay N20 000 minimum wage, but it is regrettable that they are not measuring up to their salary,” he added.

Source:http://www.abagram.com/2015/12/salary-arrears-okorocha-approves-n11bn.html

Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by deathmen12: 6:11am On Dec 15, 2015
thank GOD O...atleast they shld pay dem this week, so that they can atleast enjoy their xmas smal
Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by kossyablaze(m): 6:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Inconclusive thief cockroacher

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by EasternLeopard: 6:38am On Dec 15, 2015
The greatest disaster to have befallen SE Nigeria.

Double the minimum wage to 36000naira to keep the economy vibrant

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by LordMecuzy(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2015
My Governor try as much as possible to pay imo workers and pensioners... God bless you

God Bless Imo State My Sweet Home.
Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by slimfit1(m): 7:28am On Dec 15, 2015
The governor is right, if you go to those ministries they are not doing anything in particular that is helping the state.
They are the figures of corruption if you check it out. Go their and say you want to build or donate hospital to the community they will still tell you you have to pay donation charges. Our country is upside down because of this people. They are not adding anything to our society.
However, having realised that you are supposed to trim your staffs that is where he too remained stupid to a manageable level and stop these monthly waste.
Re: Okorocha Approves N11bn For Workers by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 15, 2015
Approval in the media is not release of funds. Afterall, Buhari approved subsidy payment in the media over a month ago.
How far? Do you have fuel grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Biafra / I Have No Confidence In This Court - Nnamdi Kanu / Hilarious Reply To Senator Bruce Twit: Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.